Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is Jay with Evo-r.net a crook?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 06:50 PM
bofa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is Jay with Evo-r.net a crook?

I've heard nothing but good things about this guy but I've had a horrible experience thus far and am looking see if anyone else has had similar experiences.. and maybe even to pull Jay out of the woodwork.

I purchased a set of painted eyelids on Feb 26, 2008 from Jay. I gave him a couple of weeks to allow for painting and shipping but I hadn't heard anything so I emailed him on March 10th just to see if they shipped. He responded that he didn't see the order when it came across but would get them out asap. I found that a little odd because, as anyone who has worked with paypal before knows, you get an email with each payment (in or out). Regardless.. it was a small purchase and I'm pretty patient these days.

Another few weeks goes by and no word. I leave him a voicemail and email on March 28th. I got no response and sent a follow up email on April 1st. Finally I got a reply the next day and he said the painter screwed them up and he was having them re-done. Fine.. as long as it's right, I'm cool with that.

On April 11 I sent an email to follow up looking for a ship date or some word asto what happened. I switched apartments in Charlotte and needed to change the shipping address at this point. I got no response after a few days so I called and spoke to him. He told me to email the new address to him, which I did. The next day I received a shipping notification through Paypal for some Taiwaneese shipping company (wtf?? I thought he was in the US.). I go to track it and of course I can't read a flippin word on the page.

I call Jay a few days later to ask about it and find out if he can read it so I can somehow track the package. No answer so I leave a voicemail. No response after a few days so I leave another message. Here I am another 2 weeks later.... I tried calling 5 times last week and all calls immediately went to voicemail (not sure about your carrier but that usually means the phone is off). I also sent an email to follow up and no luck.

Now I'm a pretty patient person, but I'm a persistent one as well and do not like to get screwed over.. just ask Nissan. So, does anyone have any input? Jay, are ya out there buddy? This is not good business.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:01 PM
crg914

I have seen times where people sing his praises, but yours is not the first post I have read like this. I'll tell you one thing, I will personally never buy anything from him. Every business has its problems, but they have too many for me...
Old 05-10-2008, 07:04 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything that I've ever ordered from him came from Taiwan, so I'm not sure about the "painter screwed up" stuff. Seems kinda questionable.
I also ordered eyelids that were shipped from Taiwan and never received them. I did get a refund.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:07 PM
BriA5

yes, as far as I am concerned. You can check his iTrader feedback for the story of my wonderful transaction with him.

Never did get my money back.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sometimes it takes awhile to get things from Jay since some of the stuff is shipped out of Taiwan. I've purchased many items from him

1. Evo-R Shift **** (there was a problem with the finish that I wasnt aware of, he pm'd me to inform me that there was a problem and the instructions on how to get it redone at no charge) It took them almost a month but I got the product as promised.
2. Blitz spoiler, painted ppw with cf bottom (took about two weeks and the fittment and paint were dead on)
3. CF Door barrel overlays (dead on)
4. Just ordered CF interior kit and CF crown cover, I expect nothing but great things.

So far I've had great luck, hopefully your situation gets rectified.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:17 PM
lionheartednyhc

Ordered a few thigns with him, been nothing but good service although he has been a bit hard to get ahold of.

G/L
Old 05-10-2008, 10:11 PM
lonewolf

Originally Posted by bofa
lots of text...
Sorry bro Jay is busy putting together a group buy. He already has your money, so don't expect any straight answers any time soon.

This is how his group buys usually go...
A) Jay makes thread saying wonderful things about his new distributor/factory he's working with. They make better parts than ever before and he can offer them at a discounted rate compared to what he used to sell similar parts for.

B) People e-blow Jay, praising him for his top notch service

C) Somewhere around the middle of page 3(rarely sooner), some random no av, low post count n00b goes on saying Jay stole his money, and won't respond to any sort of contact

L) Jay finally responds claiming that it's all his distributors fault, and that the problem will be rectified(See thread one year later, regarding the same transaction)

Orange) Mad peeps come out of the woodwork saying how much of a no *******, unorganized, thieving piece of **** Jay is. He continues to defend himself by blaming others, while offering refunds that he doesn't actually refund. He does this due to fear of his newest scam may go down the sh1tter at this point.

.013) In the end, dozens of people still send him their hard earned money, and end up with (choose your adventure):

- A half assed product
- The wrong product
- A tracking # but no package
- Nothing at all... E - V - A - R

Rinse, dry and repeat.

Ladies and Gents, you've read it here first. Thank you, and goodnight
Old 05-10-2008, 10:18 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you have your confirmation that he's a douche bag. Never buy anything through Paypal, since you have like 13 milliseconds to dispute the transaction and get your money back. If you had paid on a major credit card, you'd be calling your issuer/bank to get your refund right now and it would be in your account this time Monday.

Paypal FTL!
Dealing with ******* scammers FTMFL!
Realizing that scammers and *******s always use Paypal and insisting on legit transactions with legit businesses with legit merchant accounts FTW!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:24 PM
creationv2

nearly the same experience last year when i ordered eyelids....eventually got them, and the mistake and "re-do" of the painting still had bubbles in the paint on the eyelids, psh. will never buy anything again.

my main gripe was that he always said it would be shipped in xdays and it would take x weeks. why not jsut tell the F***ing truth....if its coming from taiwan or some sh*t place and will take longer jsut say so, otherwise keep more in stock in the states and keep to your word.

his products are great sure, but like several vendors on this board he has terrible service, takes forever to respond, uses every excuse possible when he does respond, etc.

group buys? there are many vendors on here who hold gb's and still have great service, fast responses, few to no excuses.

and to respond to why ppl send money to hims still....no one else is taking the entrepreneurial initiative to make things he sells, and since theres no one, theyll go to him. (talking about cf overlays) which is like his main business here.

jay at evor FTL

Last edited by creationv2; 05-10-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:48 PM
blazed54

i ordered the blitz spoiler during a group buy from him and got it quickly and was perfect paint match and in great condition. however, from the posts i've read, no one's really had a problem with the group buy items but I'd be very wary from ordering anything from him again...too many complaints all about the same thing.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:55 PM
luke1004@hotmai
Banned

zz
Old 05-11-2008, 07:45 AM
bofa

Meh... sucks that no one else offers painted eyelids....
Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 AM
crg914

I don't know how much he offered them already painted for, but you can buy the eyelids and have them painted by a local body shop...just a thought
Old 05-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say yes, EVO-R's business sucks *** big time. I was just on EVO-R's thread, his business practice has gone to an all time low. Not saying that it was never low, but a customer that waited over a year for a part that is easily available is rediculous. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....136250&page=78. Read post #1545 and you will know what i'm talking about. Thats why i will never do business with EVO-R.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:42 AM
brody350

+1... Jay bent me over the same way. No need to go into details, I don't live in the past. Suffice to say "He sucks at business". All the stories sound exactly the same. Which only means one thing..... He's a scam!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:56 AM
BabyZiLLa

Wow this is awesome. I have a Blitz spoiler on the way from him. Better bloody arrive.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:05 AM
highside107

Wow, I experienced the very same thing with Jay and thought it may have just been me. I bought a carbon fiber front bumper center cover piece (the piece in the middle at the bottom) a couple months ago. I waited and waited and waited and finally email Jay asking him where my part was after a couple weeks. I ask for a tracking number and he gives me one but I don't know what service it's from so I can't track it. I assume it gets lost in the mail because I asked Jay if it required a signature (I never signed for anything) and never got a straight reply. He told me to wait a couple more weeks and that if it didn't show up, he would re-send it. I waited and told him I never received it and he re-ships and gives me a new tracking number. It finally comes from a Taiwanese company/courier(?) after a little over a month after I paid for it. The part was exactly what I had ordered and there was nothing wrong with it.

I told Jay I would do business w/ him again, but I wasn't aware this was "standard practice". I just thought it had really gotten lost in the mail. Makes me wonder if the part was even shipped to begin with. I'm not sure if this matters, but when I had originally called Jay up, I told him I was a member of these forums and had heard good things about him (partially because I wanted him to think I would create a thread much like this one). After reading all these posts, I doubt I will do business with Evo-R again.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:33 PM
bofa

Sounds like many have experienced the same issues... what a shame. It sucks that he's allowed to maintain his sponsorship here.

Yes, I've thought about buying them and sending them to a paint shop.. but I thought I would be able to get what I paid for and didn't really have a lot of extra time to deal with a paint shop when I ordered these. I really don't now either so I may just pass on this little project. I wish Intense still painted stuff.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A crook? No

Horrible customer service skills? Yes
Old 05-11-2008, 02:24 PM
lonewolf

Originally Posted by Diesel350
A crook? No
Way to back up your statement.
Explain why some people are still upset about a transaction one year later because Evo-R never sent them the product they paid for, or refunded them. Sounds like a crook to me.

Quick Reply: Is Jay with Evo-r.net a crook?