performance or track pack?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 04:42 PM
su2ny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance or track pack?

hi! I'm thinking to get 350z. and don't know which one i should
get it.
performance has leather seat and better sound system than track pack. but track pack has better brake..and etc...
which one would you guys recommand?!?
thanks!
oh should i wait for 04 model? hummm

Last edited by su2ny; 07-12-2003 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:46 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eh? I think your confusing performance with touring. touring has the seats and sound system.

track is better than stock, aftermarket is better than track. just keep that in mind. Ive already replaced the rims and tires, and when I replace the brakes eventually I will have spent about 5000$ more than the track costs, I will also have leather seats, stereo, better rims, and better brakes. its a trade off.

decide what you want the car for and your plans. if your the casual driver, track is good. but dont expect your car to beat the other guys modified Z. wont happen.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:01 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

just remember, many people buying the Bose stereo are very unhappy and want to change it. Basically, listen closely to it and decide for youreself if you like the sound before buying. I went with an after market stereo instead of getting it.

Good luck, Jeff
Old 07-12-2003, 09:21 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bose is like everything else, no different than the track rims/brembos. better than base stock, but still not as good as aftermarket.

thats what give the base and enthusiast appeal, a clean slate to do all the aftermarket mods from and not waste any money replacing factory upgrades.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:51 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by ares
bose is like everything else, no different than the track rims/brembos. better than base stock, but still not as good as aftermarket.

thats what give the base and enthusiast appeal, a clean slate to do all the aftermarket mods from and not waste any money replacing factory upgrades.
I could not have said it better myself!

Track: I knew if I purchased a a track for example, I like the ray wheels but would never be happy with that small of tires thus that wasnot where I wanted to go. So upgrading brakes was a better option for ME rather than getting a track.

Touring: I was not happy with Bose stereo and than it came down to me paying about 5K more for a stereo I would replace, 18" wheels I would replace, and getting leather interior I could replace or under 1K and did not care if i had as well as getting VDC.

Based on that, I decided on a Enthusist. No model is better than the other, that is why we are all buying 5 different models. My suggestion is really decide what wheels, tires, suspension, upgrades on motor, leather, brakes etc you want to end up with. Start seeing if it is cheaper to do it as a mod or as a model such as track. For me, my prioroity was putting more in suspension, brakes, and adding hp, thus based on that, I put my money towards mods at a later date rather than upgrading to lets say a touring model. Good luck, the only good choice is the onew that gives you exactly what you want.

Jeff