2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

nasty day...need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 10:30 PM
xchriz012x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nasty day...need your opinion

sup fellows...bad day for me.
I'm from delaware...and today i wuz visiting my gf in md.
usually i take my Honda Accord to MD cuz i didn't wanna put up high mileage on the Z. But this morning...i wanted to take the Z. So here i go riding down to md. By the way...i only had 900 miles on it. well...back to the story...i go down crusing...not too fast.
well...at baltimore...i come up to a massive traffic in front of toll lanes...i'm in a line waiting, minding my own business. once again...this traffic was ridiculous. only if i'd brought my ez pass from the accord. but ne wayz...i move up little by little...and at one moment, i look on my rear view mirror, and i see a isuzu rodeo coming faster and faster (from stop to about 8mph) without breaking, and i'm thinking to my self....wtf. and bang so i get out of the car...and call the police. so now i'm left with two big dents in my rear bumper, and some scratches...
well...i need you guys opinions...should i replace this bumper or take it to friends body shop and get an estimate to get the money from rodeo's insurance company and get a body kit??
what to do???
Old 07-14-2003, 11:30 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt you going to get enough money to the rear replaced (or a body kit) Unless the bumper cracked the insurance company will not pay for a full replacement. They'll pay for bondo and repaint.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:44 AM
gooters

Actually as the worlds most un-lucky driver, I am somewhat of an expert on the subject. First, ti depends on the Isuzu's insurance company. If they are reputable then they will very likely replace your bumper, unless the damage is very minor. Also, you should feel free to contact them personally and tell them that you expect to have your bumper replaced, as the victim of a malicious and reckless driver you kinda have the other company where you want them. Also, your own insurance company can help arbitrate.

Bear in mind, their agent will be assesing the damage and giving you what they estimate to be a fair price, you cant just get your buddy to give you a trumped up estimate. My advise, goto a Nissan dealership (or other expensive body shop), get an estimate, then take the check and goto a different body shop if you dont want the work done. It IS possible that the other insurance company will only issue the check to the body shop, so ask that first! If so, goto your buddy.

As for whether to get the replacement bumper or a body kit...that's totally up to you.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:28 PM
350zdanny

Sorry to hear about the car. I hate unattentive drivers. This is what I would do:

Go to any and every body shop in your area and get a quote. Tell them to assume that you need a new bumper. Take the place with the highest quote, or that you know does the best work, and have the insurance adjuster meet with them. He will negotiate a final price with them. Then get your body kit or whatever with the check from the Ins. Company and take it to your friend's place to be painted. Pocket the difference.

Dan
Old 07-15-2003, 08:32 PM
SlamMan

This is what guns are for. To eliminate drivers like that on the road.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:34 PM
samw1978

Originally posted by SlamMan
This is what guns are for. To eliminate drivers like that on the road.
NICE~
Old 07-16-2003, 06:33 AM
2Fishy4U

Replace the bumper with a new one; after all you have a brand new car. Inasmuch as the other driver was 100% at fault I doubt you will have a problem with the insurance company.

Don't forget to let themknow you have whiplash from the rear end collision; that definately will get their attention.