Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying sound when braking lightly

Old 09-25-2015, 12:09 PM
samansharif

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying sound when braking lightly

Hi guys! this is my first post here on the forums. I'm usually on bimmerforums but sold my 5 series and got a Z instead.

So I have a 2007 Nissan 350z HR with 126k miles and I love it!

This car was in great condition when I bought it a month ago and it still is in my opinion. But I have this one issue that honestly drives me nuts and I've searched for this on my350z, **********, and 350z-uk and honestly I cannot find the answer to my problem.

When braking lightly I have this sort of screeching sound coming from the rear passenger side. Its not like the squeal you get with worn brakes, but more like intervals, and the faster I'm driving the quicker it is.

So what I've tried so far is new rear rotors and new rear brake pads (brake pads are duralast max from autozone) I've replaced the rear passenger wheel bearing. (I just went ahead and turned my front rotors and got new front brake pads)

Then yesterday I got a brake hardware kit from autozone. I put the brake hardware kit on the side it was coming from, and voila! It stopped making the screeching sound I been desperately trying to get rid of. But this morning on my way to school I heard the noise come back again when I brake lightly.

It's been driving me nuts and I've took it to several mechanic shops in my area and so far they were all wrong, I myself decided to buy a hardware kit and I was one step closer than them.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:31 PM
dcains

Received 428 Likes on 338 Posts

If you've got the standard sliding mount calipers (not the Brembo's), I'd suggest making sure all the sliding surfaces are clean and shiny, and then properly lubed. I've always been happy with this stuff:

http://www.rcworst.com/permatex-8020...FQgXHwodCU0AvA

I also like a thin layer on the backing plate of each pad, and make sure the anti-vibration shims are in place and in good condition.

That's all basic stuff that should always be done, but it could also be a bent dust shield that's making light contact with the rotor - I've seen it happen.