Sponsored by:

Very Upsetting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 09:40 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Very Upsetting!!!

There appears to be a rash of "sleaze" overcoming dealers on this whole 'pre-order' situation. Apparently some of these slimeballs are selling pre-orders right out from under the ORIGINAL buyers (us!) and selling them for $5k over and sh** like that! And, some who have pre-ordered have called dealers and were told that either yes we have a couple right now or this week, which can be yours for $5,000 over MSRP!!! http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=58869&t=58869
Guess who's personally going up to the dealership tomorrow...........!
Old 08-18-2002, 09:59 PM
330R

according to ZISME, that sounds unpossible

yes i know thats not a real word
Old 08-18-2002, 10:07 PM
rep15

I feel you are unduly stirring up a topic by using a selective post on a thread on another site. My gosh, you are a moderator.

From the same Zcar thread:

"Author: ZISME (---.tnt1.st-augustine.fl.da.uu.net)
Date: Aug 17, 6:43am

Hey guys don't turn this into a urban legend. Believe me if a dealer sold a car out from under a legitimate pre-sell customer, we would know about it right away. It is possible as you have indicated that a pre-order customer for whatever reason had to back out of a deal and the car is available for the dealer to sell. Not much we can do about that. It is also possible that a dealer obtained one for himself through the pre-sell program, however we are comfortable that this was the exception not the rule. Please don't take off on this issue and turn it into something that feeds on itself. No pre-order people are getting their cars sold out from under them. Thanks."
Old 08-18-2002, 10:23 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by rep15
I feel you are unduly stirring up a topic by using a selective post on a thread on another site. My gosh, you are a moderator.

From the same Zcar thread:

"Author: ZISME (---.tnt1.st-augustine.fl.da.uu.net)
Date: Aug 17, 6:43am

Hey guys don't turn this into a urban legend. Believe me if a dealer sold a car out from under a legitimate pre-sell customer, we would know about it right away. It is possible as you have indicated that a pre-order customer for whatever reason had to back out of a deal and the car is available for the dealer to sell. Not much we can do about that. It is also possible that a dealer obtained one for himself through the pre-sell program, however we are comfortable that this was the exception not the rule. Please don't take off on this issue and turn it into something that feeds on itself. No pre-order people are getting their cars sold out from under them. Thanks."
O.K. 1st: I know what my title is.
2nd: I feel (as I'm sure many others do) this is INDEED an important and worth while subject if not a concern.
3rd:"A selective post from another board." This could have easily been discovered by one of our members including myself and I surely would have posted it up. 4th: There is no person here or on any of the umpteen boards on the net that can "Gurantee" me or anyone else anything. Yes, there are individuals (no need for names) that have more "insight" than the rest of us on product information, possible future plans and a broader knowledge base on the Z. But I believe all would agree, none of us are driving the trucks or trains with our cars on them! Nor has access to the "Pre-order tracking and confirmation documents. Agreed?
By NO means am I attempting to start anything other than an "information base" or "reference page" however you wish to look at it, for the benefit of our members including myself. And I seriously hope you don't take everything you hear particularly from salesman as Gospel........?
Old 08-18-2002, 10:34 PM
rep15

Style,

My point was that by not posting ZISME's obverse opinion on the same thread as your "sky is falling" post, you were merely creating paranoia rather than providing information.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:38 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

This is complete madness! Through pure, 100% conjecture, with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, people are panicking at what they think there is a possibility of happening. It's possible a UFO will land in my backyard and I will be abducted by aliens. Oh my god, what if that happens!! We SHOULD be worried about that. You can't PROVE to me that it won't happen, can you?

C'mon TXStyle, try to use some judgement here. I know emotions are running high with the release of the car, but that's no reason for a witch hunt.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:46 PM
westpak
SFZCC

I think that what we need to take out of this is not get on TXSTYLE back and not ignore the possibility of something like this happening. What we need to do is as much as possible to avoid this from happening, keep on top of your dealer to tie in your order to a VIN, then keep on top as the delivery day approaches don't count on them to keep you informed, the thing is that this only needs to happen once and if it is to you it will be the worse thing and after the car has been sold what can be done, Nissan can't reverse a sale if it was legally done all they'll do is promise you another one and guess when that will be, they wont take from another preordered to make you happy, you could make a stink and threaten to sue, but guess what you wont have the car.

Personally I am going to be as on top of the delivery as I can, including being in the dealers face as it gets close and driving by every chance I get to see if it has arrived, just be aware.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:46 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by z350z
It's possible a UFO will land in my backyard and I will be abducted by aliens. Oh my god, what if that happens!! We SHOULD be worried about that. You can't PROVE to me that it won't happen, can you?

C'mon TXStyle, try to use some judgement here. I know emotions are running high with the release of the car, but that's no reason for a witch hunt.
No hunt intended z350z. For all you or I know, this could in fact be the case, we truly hope not. And I won't even comment on ufo's and aliens.........
Old 08-18-2002, 10:52 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by westpak
I think that what we need to take out of this is not get on TXSTYLE back and not ignore the possibility of something like this happening. What we need to do is as much as possible to avoid this from happening, keep on top of your dealer to tie in your order to a VIN, then keep on top as the delivery day approaches don't count on them to keep you informed, the thing is that this only needs to happen once and if it is to you it will be the worse thing and after the car has been sold what can be done, Nissan can't reverse a sale if it was legally done all they'll do is promise you another one and guess when that will be, they wont take from another preordered to make you happy, you could make a stink and threaten to sue, but guess what you wont have the car.

Personally I am going to be as on top of the delivery as I can, including being in the dealers face as it gets close and driving by every chance I get to see if it has arrived, just be aware.
Very well put, finally. And the type of response I actually anticipated. Sure, no harm no foul, until it happens to you.......right? There's always 2 ways of seeing things people: Good & Bad and Right & Wrong (usually). This thread is all about "AWARENESS". And maybe with enough awareness, you or I can avoid this terrible travesty.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:09 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by Gantra

This thread should never have been started. The starter of this thread used language that was very inflammatory about something that is not in any significant way happening.

If there is something to this, let's have the people who have actually been involved in such an incident relate the story. For those who want to distort and sensationalize the story, i suggest you think twice and act responsibly. Heed Zisme's call for not propagating baseless rumors. There are a lot of anxious people awaiting their cars and posting groundless stories like this makes that wait that much more difficult.
Sleaze and Slimeball???
Hmmmmm? I specifically chose words that were none-cursing nor profane! But apparently you are specifically choosing to start a problem:
i suggest you think twice and act responsibly.
Here is my suggestion as to reduce any flaming or downward posts on this thread: As I have stated over the years to countless people on other Forums where I moderate; If you come across a post/thread that you don't agree with or have no comment on, pass it up, and move to the next one. This particular thread maybe complete and utter nonsense to you, but of serious interest to others. That being said, let's please try and bare this in mind while WE (*notice* I'm not singling anyone out) read through the forum.

TX
Old 08-18-2002, 11:23 PM
alear

I am thinking the cars in question are just cancelled preorders.
Lets not bring zcar's paranoia over here. I come here to get away from it.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:33 PM
westpak
SFZCC

I think you may not agree with TXSTYLE's wording or use of exclamations but I would rather panic for 2 seconds while the thread loads than later find out that I am one of the exceptions and got screwed by the dealer and find out that there might have been a thread that could have raised my awareness but because of sensitive people, that might behave differently if their cars were in the delivery window, the thread was not written or deleted. So people take a chill pill and keep on walking if you don't like what is on display.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:40 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Yes. And please guys, for the love of Pete, let's keep this from being a "negative" thing. Think about the many not only members here, but passers-by who read through this site for the wealth of knowledge (which I try my best at bringing) and insight that they would not otherwise get from their local dealership or magazine. Again, "awareness and prevention" that's all this thread was/is intended to do.

TX
Old 08-18-2002, 11:53 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the awareness Marcus. I'm sure all of us appreciate it, but some of us just don't want to imagine that happening - that's where all the drama in this thread is stemming from. Thanks again for the update. Keep it comin'!!
Old 08-19-2002, 12:27 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

TXSTYLE, of course there is nothing wrong with being aware of a bad possibility and being vigilant to protect against it. If your message said "wow, a dealer could do this, so be careful" I don't think anyone would have been too concerned. But you specifically said :

Apparently some of these slimeballs are selling pre-orders right out from under the ORIGINAL buyers (us!) and selling them for $5k over and sh** like that!
This makes it sound like you know for a fact that this is happening, and you don't. This is inflammatory, unfair, and wrong. It creates a panic over possibly nothing. I don't think it's something people should ignore and go onto the next thread. Making accustions based on guesswork and conjecture is a very bad thing for a moderator to start a thread with, IMO.

Or maybe you have proof that such a thing has happened. If so, post the details and let's fry the SOB dealer that did it!
Old 08-19-2002, 01:08 AM
dc350z

Cool I agree

.....z350z

No need to get people all wound up like that. This post should have never been started.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:19 AM
Sabre

Everyone needs to chill out. The post didn't bother me one bit. Isn't there more important things to argue/worry about?

Quick Reply: Very Upsetting!!!