Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

nismo parts question-yes I've searched-don't kill me

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
rocdok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
IMHO Get a different exhaust. I personally wouldn't pay for an exhaust that is slightly more aggressive than stock for a GEE... There are alot of well made exhaust on the market to choose from..
I know what you're saying but here's a couple of statements:
1)seems like noone wants to talk about that, cause I guess it's been flogged to death on the site since the first Z came out
2)as many have said, and I agree, it's personal opinion, like a painting
3)one really needs to hear and drive a car with the specific exhaust to really know.
4)some of us want full attention from the masses with a big sound, while some of us want the big sound but our wives will have a **** hemorrhage, and others don't want rasp.....etc. etc.

This issue of 'the right exhaust' is on my mind every day now, cause I'll have the cash in the next 2 weeks.
I've listened forever to youtube.....if you listen too long, they all start to sound ok. Plus, you can't tell how freakin loud it's gonna be in real life

There's a guy in my town with what sounds like the perfect note to me, but when my son pulled up next to him, the F'er wouldn't cough up the name of it, and we couldn't tell by site cause we ain't Guru's. Even if I knew, I'd want to ride and hear how it sounds inside.....
So, you may be right....and probably know more than I, but I guess I may end up joining the other ranks who have bought 6 different exhausts in a row.......by trial and painful error.
thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
rocdok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie@Performance
Yes, the Nismo intake is made by AEM private labeled for Nismo. Aside from the black powdercoating, Nismo badge and the standard water by pass valve on CAI models (AEM ones are optional and extra charge). The Nismo ones arent really priced any higher once you factor in the water by pass valve which the Nismo ones come standard (only on CAI models).
thanks Eddie...