Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

holy holy crap!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 07:16 PM
Btooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking holy holy crap!!!!!

So i posted a thread a couple days asking about the differences between the Z and the G35... well my experiences today have made my decision and im SOLD on the Z .... here's a little story if you feel like doin some reading:

so im drivin home from work and decide to stop by the nissan in downtown LA (corner of Figueroa and Washington) and just have a looksee at the Z, because frankly all i know about the damn car is what ive read in reviews, seen in pictures, and read in this forum. granted theres a whole lotta info but theres nothing like seeing the car. After reading about people having trouble getting test drives even when they fully intended to buy the car that day i had absolutely no hopes of driving one, just wanted to check out the interior which ive heard is a bit lacking.

So here's how it starts:

I walk across the parking lot towards the Z and a salesman intercepts me before i even make it over to the car (big surprise right). So i start makin chit chat tell him i want a track blah blah nothing real important, but the one thing that did surprise me was he was very straigtforward, i was tryin to get him to spit out some bullplop but it never happened. The dealership also had the stickers on the cars so it was nice to see they werent tryin to charge MSRP+10,000 lol.

Anyways, when i tell him i wanted track (the only one on the lot was a super black enthus) he said "lemme see whats in the back" So he comes out and says there might be one in the warehpouse do i wanna go take a look. and i think to myself, well I'll take a free ride in the Z!! w00t! So we get in and take off and i notice the car has 14 miles on it. Now i wouldnt wanna be the guy to buy this particular car because my good friend carlos was gettin in up into the 5's while we drove over there (but i was sure glad he gave me a glimpse of what this baby has got

So on the way over it gets brought up that im 21 and still in school and he got the idea that there was pretty much no chance of me buying the car today (or in the next 9 mo either) but still he treated me with incredible amout of respect.

When we got there they had my DB track sitting there lookin BEAUTIFUL (not to mention all the other colors. I took some time to get a good look because prictures really dont do the paint justice) So i take some time to look everything over, meanwhile still makin small talk

We get back in the Z and on the way back he asks me if i wanna test drive... i was like WHAT?! and then i remember that i really have never succesfully driven stick, i mean ive tried, had some sucess but also had some failure. So i told him if he wanted to cart me around a little i would be more than happy to see what she could do. He kind of ignored me and went back to the dealership and when we got there he asked me for my license. So i gave it to him.

So i thought to myself well ill give it a try, if i dont get into 1st after a couple tries (what it ususally takes me) i will take that as my test drive.

So he takes it out onto a sidestreet (because it was wedged very carefully infront of the dealership) and we switch places. All i have to say you guys is THANK YOU SO MUCH for those threads on learning to drive stick. This time i had SO much better of an idea of how the transmission works and I was able to get goin on the first try!! I was goin crazy!! as soon as i felt i was goin and i saw the rpms start to drop i gave it some more gas and WHOA this girl likes the gas!! hehe. Anyways it was just a short trip around the block but i was ecstatic that this salesman would take an hour - hour and a half out of his time to help somebody whom he knew wasnt gonna buy AND let me test drive. I got the first 3 starts flawlessly, but as murphy's law states once i got onto the busiest street (last turn) i stalled the car lol. oh well i think it was cuz i couldnt see straight with excitement

anyways this post is freakin long enough, but i just wanted to say that all the fact of the interior being "cheap" and such is dismissed. I really like the simpleness of the door.. to me it looks "sleek" instead of cheap. I was also REALLY impressed with the amout of headroom/legroom compared to smaller cars like the celica. I didnt feel like i was in a fighter cockpit, i was really comfortable.

I just thought i would share my experience, hope u were entertained. Basically i am 99% sold on the car. Basically all that is left is get a job when i graduate, save a little to put down, and find a decent deal ... *sigh* I DONT WANNA WAIT
Old 07-25-2003, 09:10 PM
MilleniumZ03

I'm with you on that one. I want this car so bad but I can't afford it yet. Waiting is so painful.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:56 PM
DBZ

Remind me never to buy this DB Track model from Downtown L.A. Motors!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:49 AM
SD350ZEE

LoL, yeah, I went to check out the Z after I saw it at the SD Auto show, I was still pretty hell bent on getting an EVO, but there it was, a gleaming SilverStone Track, and he let me test drive it, and it was over....
Old 07-26-2003, 07:02 PM
Btooth

Originally posted by DBZ
Remind me never to buy this DB Track model from Downtown L.A. Motors!
i shoulda written down the VIN so i could warn u guys
Old 07-27-2003, 12:50 AM
spextar

reading this post, a question popped in my head.. do you guys think it is still possible to order a Z (not pick one up at the dealership) and take the delivery "off the TRUCK", like the way first batches of Z's were delivered to their owners?
Old 07-27-2003, 04:21 AM
zpeedDemon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im with you Br0, finish school first and thats more important. I am doing the same as well. As of now I am lining up and doing a lot of research of which after market parts I would like to add onto the car. I already know which wheels I want, the color it would be (oh what a tough choice!) Suspension upgrades and so on.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:24 AM
zpeedDemon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want my Z to look like this. But with the stock spoiler with the exact wheels.
Attached Thumbnails holy holy crap!!!!!-side2.jpg  
Old 07-27-2003, 01:48 PM
john0213

i think u really should remember the name of the salesman~
so the time u 've gonna buy ur Z u will find the same person because he deserves it~
Old 07-27-2003, 02:03 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by spextar
reading this post, a question popped in my head.. do you guys think it is still possible to order a Z (not pick one up at the dealership) and take the delivery "off the TRUCK", like the way first batches of Z's were delivered to their owners?
you can always do that, but I think dealers order their cars in advance, Im sure they will put whatever you want in as the next car they order, but it might not come to you for quite a few months, prolly atleast 2-3months from build to delivery, and a the dealer probably has the cars ordered a month or 2 in advance.

easier to find a car fresh on a lot somewhere and have it shipped to your dealer.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Btooth

Originally posted by john0213
i think u really should remember the name of the salesman~
so the time u 've gonna buy ur Z u will find the same person because he deserves it~
i know what you mean, i would have had know problem giving this guy a sale (assuming i had a job lol) but i feel kinda bad b/c most likely i will be relocating to Chicago after i graduate so i doubt im gonna get it from here. I did make sure to thank him profusely for the opportunity.

zpeedDeamon: yea I have no dilusions about being able to afford a Z before i have a full time job paying decently and have a bit saved to put some down (dont wanna get the car and then break my back for 5 years trying to make the payment). It will be nice to have done so much research though cuz by the time i am ready to buy i will know EXACTLY what i want.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Btooth

alright so i had a dream last night about negotiating a price w/ the dealer and then driving it off the lot.

THIS CANNOT GO ON FOR ANOTHER 9 MONTHS!

*sigh*
Old 07-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Vash350Z

we are in the same boat Btooth, i can get mine until the end of march i go and look at them every weekend and just sit in them and drool, gonna go again next sat. for my 4th test drive i just cant get enough of them, i hope i can make it until i get mine!
Old 07-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Btooth

hmmm thats not a bad idea.. i have already started driving by the dealership every trip to and from work

i wonder how long it would take before that nice salesman would stop being so nice lol