Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fishy experience with Tom Peacock Nissan.... north houston (PLEASE READ)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
CJoker23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fishy experience with Tom Peacock Nissan.... north houston (PLEASE READ)

To start off I took the car in to replace the passenger window motor... (surprise surprise). During the process I get a call from the service manager telling me there is a recall on the fuel lines and they are going to have to drop the whole back suspension out to get to them and its gonna take a little longer. I allow this because I was told it was a safety hazard.

I get the car back everything is fine window motor works great except there is a small ding on one of Maya ST-5's.... . Like they dropped a socket on the lip or something.... ANGER.

Everything ran fine took the car to Galveston and back.... The next morning after Galveston im gonna clean the car it starts great I back it out of the garage, wash the car. I go to the start the car to pull it back in the garage to wipe off all remain water and get water spots.... and the car wont start.

It cranks the rpm's go up to 1500... and right back down to zero car dies(stalls i guess). I check the MAF its not that. Im thinking something went wrong with the fuel line install or something. So I call Nissan they tow the car the next morning back up to the stealership. They perform a major fuel injection/decarbonation. The service manager told me that the throttle was stuck open due to carbon deposits..... I had looked at the throttle body before hand and it was not stuck open... so is he talking about another throttle being stuck open?

NOW THE REALLY FISHY PART.... when picking the car up I notice on the ticket the miles in... 75789...miles out 75835... 46 #$(%ing MILES???? The service manager told me he had the foreman drive the car and told him he wanted the car perfect.... but 46 miles? Am i wrong to suspect somebody was using my car for personal enjoyment? Took it to lunch and back in conroe or something? I have no idea to know..... Thanks very much if you read all of this I know it's a long story. Please give me your opinion of what I should do.

Thanks,
Cory

Last edited by CJoker23; 07-30-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
J0NNy
Banned

prolly took his girl out ; )
Old 07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
cracka350z

i used to work in the service dept there...went to uti and got lucky. i wouldnt trust that place with my car after being there...while i worked there i know one of the guys took a car out to pick up lunch near "gunspoint". i would go in there and talk to the manager or higher.

ps...do you know the name of the parts manager there? was a good friend of mine...cant remember his name now...been like 3 years. skinny goofy guy. lol.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Gulf Coast Z

If it's the same fuel hose recall that we have on the G35's, it's not fuel delivery hoses. It's fuel evaporative hoses. They dry out and get brittle causing an evaporative leak. Either a very small leak to a gross leak. Nothing done for the recall should cause a stall or no start. Was there an SES light on? It's common for the throttle camber (throttle body) to fail, but there is a fail safe to allow the vehicle to still start but limits the RPM and obviously the vehicle speed. Unless your Z has a VQ35HR there is only 1 throttle chamber. Call their bluff and have them remove the intake duct and show you the 2 throttle chambers. If they tell you it's behind the 1st throttle plate call and push it open to show there is no plate behind the 1st. Only older Nissan/Infiniti vehicles have 2 throttle plates for traction control. Ex. early Q45's. As for the mileage. Some service advisors are lazy and look at the history and fabricate a mileage based on previous visit miles. Otherwise I would request for reimbursement of gas used for their joyride. Peace.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
CJoker23

No I know for a fact the mileage isnt due to a lazy advisor.... I did get reimbursed for my gas... but it definitely was a 56 mile joy ride and the principle of that is very wrong considering I was told it wouldn't be driven off the lot...
Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Gulf Coast Z

I Know. It makes you feel all dirty knowing someone else has doinked around with your ride on some joy run. Sorry. Peace.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:41 PM
2boosted4u

thats some BS i had the same **** happen to my lightning at the local ford stealership.... i hate people..
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
350z2k3

First clue...

...The dealership is called Tom Peacock...

...FAIL
Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 PM
killa.beez33

you got milowned.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
m!ke

Yeah sounds kinda fishy to me, too. Driving it to make sure its good is one thing, but 56 miles sounds pretty unneccesary. I would definitely give them a call and try to figure it all out. GL. I dont trust stealerships at all and hate taking my car to them.

Last edited by m!ke; 07-29-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:25 AM
VENOMSZ

I live about 3 miles from there, and I will not ever go there for service.
I took my Z there for an oil change once, never again!
They locked my keys in my car, and used an airbag device, and
scratched up the a pillar to hell with a metal rod.
All this without letting me know what they were up to.
Imagine my ANGER when I find out what they did to my Z.
They did not care at all, I talked to the service manager, and then
to his boss, and nobody seemed to undrstand why I was upset.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Hella

I cant even imagine how hard your car was driven for those 56 miles. Thing was probably smoking when it got back.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:35 AM
raulzito

MAN, I can't believe the stuff they do to your car at these stupid dealerships. I have long stories of where I bought my car:

Sterling Mc Call Nissan
(281) 243-8600 sterlingmccallnissan.com
12230 Southwest Fwy, Stafford, TX 77477

Yeah basically, DO NOT GO THERE guys, the only reason I did my deal there was because they overlooked the fact that my trade-in was wrecked previously. So I decided to jump on this opportunity. The salesperson I had, to this day, I can't stand to see his face. I wasted so much time. Well i have them a second chance, I went back to get my first oil change there and they were so horrible, everything about them is bad. They basically SUCK at LIFE.

Anyways bro, GO TO MOSSY on 10. They have been good to me at the service department. Hopefully they will be the same to you.

Oh and if anybody is about to go to jail. Do me a favor before going to fail, and go burn that worthless POS stealership Sterling Mc Call Nissan down!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 AM
StewartZ

Thats bull ****! I wouldn't tolerate that.. If I had an extra 56 miles on my odometer I would most definitley have a word with the service department..

hope everything works out
Old 07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by J0NNy
prolly took his girl out ; )

were there any wet spots on the seats?

Seriously though, I would be pissed also. Is this something that could be reported to the BBB?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:15 AM
CJoker23

Im not sure about the BBB but im definitely gonna look into it.... Now my SEL is on again too btw.... but im refusing to take it back to that hell hole...

Thanks everyone for your input... It sucks because theres not much you can really do since the miles already happened besides just complain... and they know it....
Old 07-30-2008, 10:25 AM
zstreet86

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

son of a...
Old 07-30-2008, 10:27 AM
raulzito

Go scratch the managers car! lol, just kidding, nah go do it, lol
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Originally Posted by raulzito
Go scratch the managers car! lol, just kidding, nah go do it, lol
What he said.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:40 AM
kupogrey

damn

shady as hell.

Quick Reply: Fishy experience with Tom Peacock Nissan.... north houston (PLEASE READ)