Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Worst Compliment

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 09:57 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have gotten the cute comment, my g/f... quickly corrected her on that one.

Had one of her cousins see the car once before, and then a week later in conversation say that my car was a Miata.

SAY WHAT!!! (Don't think her cousin knows much about cars....).
Old 08-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Btooth

cute = perky, eh?
Old 08-01-2003, 10:34 AM
kohlersc

"I would rather have a new one of those (points at Toyota Celica)...but your car is nice too."

I am not talking to her still.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Jason Bourne

My worst compliment (at Watins Glen from a C5 Vette driver):

"That car isn't as powerful as I thought it would be, I'm almost catching up to you at the end of the back straight."

My response: "Yeah, almost."

P.S. I don't care if people don't like the way it looks - I didn't buy it for looks. I've had people tell me they think it's ugly, I just tell them I think it looks a little weird from some angles but it dropped 10 seconds off my lap times at some tracks (on street tires - compared to my R-compound times in my previous BMW).
Old 08-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Mikestro

I got 10,000 wonderful compliments from everyone that I have come in contact with....until I went to the stereo install shop

One guy told me that his EVO was on order and it would be faster than my Z. Went to the car audio section of Fry's and a guy working there told me I should have gotten a G35
Old 08-01-2003, 02:24 PM
steig

The first day I drove my car to work my boss commented that the car was pathetic because I didn't have leather seats with adjustable lumbar support. In his opinion any car without such a feature isn't worthy. Needless to say he can be an ***.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:53 PM
jikman01

Ok, I posted this in another thread and it got moved to the "off-topic" forum, but it could clasify as a "worst compliment"...

I was at a stop light and the dude next to me in a Ford Focus (perhaps it should have been a Ford PROBE ....(you'll see the humor in that in a sec....)

Anyway, he yells out his window to me as I had my windows down also..."If I had that car, I wouldn't have to worry about my dick being so small".

Aaaalrighty then.... So....I suppose that's been the worst compliment that I've received
Old 08-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Enron Exec

jikman01... u also have a RSX Types S ? You lucky bastard ! 8-)

As for that guy in the Focus, you should have told him to stop looking at other guy's dicks, then maybe he would notice what a POS he was driving.

Anyways, my run in with the only crap compliment happened today at work. The company I work for had to order a crane to unload a large project we will be working on for the next few weeks. While the crane was setting up, the truckers and construction guys with the super wide 18 wheelers stopped to take a break and they formed a lil group around my car. One probably tried looking through my 20% tint windows for 3 whole minutes. When I went to move my car so the trucks could get in, the crowd of workers saw that it was my car and one old fart said, "Ohh thats a girl's car." I gave out a loud laugh while repeating what he had just said in good humor, but what i really wanted to say was, "this girl's car can smoke your Mustang and Z28. What does that make you?"
Old 08-01-2003, 08:25 PM
350cj

"My Honda Civic handles better"

I shove that Civic up your .................
Old 08-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Zsilverstone13

Funny thing is when I was driving RSX-S before the Z, I got the same compliment from the girl in the drive-though window - "You car is so "CUTE", what is it?" Looks like girls like to use CUTE to describe cool cars.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:31 PM
samw1978

Well, this happened to my friend, not me...
He got a brand new C5 Corvette, then a friend of his saw his car, then 'kicked' its tire, and said.... nice car, is it a Eagle Talon? did it cost you $30000?(CND)
OMG!!!
My friend was mad...
Old 08-02-2003, 06:45 AM
jikman01

Exon Exec...

The RSX-S is my wife's car and the Z is mine. Actually the RSX is what I wanted to buy 2 years ago when I was ready to buy my car but my wife's car broke down and we got her the car I wanted at the time!!!! So, I had to suffer terribly for 2 years in my beater until I could afford to buy my Z!!! (which I think was worth it!!!). I love my Z!
Old 08-02-2003, 01:06 PM
ztom

I posted this previously in another thread a while back, but it is also appropiate here.

A night club owner I know (that has a Ferrari) saw my Z for the first time and commented it was "cute". I bit my lip and said that I hadn't seen his Ferrari in quite a while, and did he still own it? He said "Yeah, but it's in the shop" - Now that's cute!!
Old 08-02-2003, 01:08 PM
erock

Originally posted by jikman01
Ok, I posted this in another thread and it got moved to the "off-topic" forum, but it could clasify as a "worst compliment"...

I was at a stop light and the dude next to me in a Ford Focus (perhaps it should have been a Ford PROBE ....(you'll see the humor in that in a sec....)

Anyway, he yells out his window to me as I had my windows down also..."If I had that car, I wouldn't have to worry about my dick being so small".

Aaaalrighty then.... So....I suppose that's been the worst compliment that I've received

haha... i read that post...... What's funnier is YOUR response......
Old 08-02-2003, 02:24 PM
vice86

to my face: "it's SOOOO cute!"...lol..i think everyone's gonna hear "cute" atleast one time in their Z ownership lifetime

on forums...the Z haters:

1. I think its ugly and would have got a G35
2. Looks like a frog taking a dump
3. Ugly
Old 08-02-2003, 08:03 PM
supra crazy

i really havent had any bad compliments unless people always sayin it looks like a porsche being a bad one.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:32 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by Jason Bourne
My worst compliment (at Watins Glen from a C5 Vette driver):

"That car isn't as powerful as I thought it would be, I'm almost catching up to you at the end of the back straight."
From a C5 owner, that's a compliment!

You know, the 350Z does look kindof like a certain type of hat. It's shaped a lot like one of those beret-style hats with a brim, classically used as a driving hat.

I haven't heard "cute" yet, but I have thought about it with dread and loathing. If I wanted cute I would have gotten a TT! I think the problem is symantics. To some people cute means "attractive, sexy, gives me a good feeling looking at it". To most people reading this, cute means "fluff; weak and ineffectual". The language evolves....
Old 08-03-2003, 06:16 PM
ZFlyer

The thing that gets me is when people say; "Is that the new 300ZX?" I'm like, "Yeah it's the 350z. Or they say something like, "I like your 300ZX." And it says 350Z right on f'ing car. The worst compliment or comment I should say, was when a friend told me that he knew a guy who could paint my doorhandles (the same color) for me. It's amazing though how many ex. Z owners there are who will stop to talk to you (and not call it a 300zx).

-Bryan
Old 08-03-2003, 06:44 PM
StandAloneZ

I've gotten soo many compliments from people..but one kid kinda annoyed me when he said "dude i love that car...its soo sick." then he adds "but you gotta do something with the door handles, gotta shave the door handles." His friend told him to shut up lol.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:33 PM
erock

Originally posted by ZFlyer
The thing that gets me is when people say; "Is that the new 300ZX?" I'm like, "Yeah it's the 350z. Or they say something like, "I like your 300ZX." And it says 350Z right on f'ing car. The worst compliment or comment I should say, was when a friend told me that he knew a guy who could paint my doorhandles (the same color) for me. It's amazing though how many ex. Z owners there are who will stop to talk to you (and not call it a 300zx).

-Bryan
yea, i get that alot too.....

Quick Reply: Worst Compliment