Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Worst Compliment

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 03:29 PM
erock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Compliment

Well, since we had a Best Compliment thread I thought we should share the worst compliment we got:

My GF and I were going to the Mall last weekend, (Fashion Valley, for u SD'rs), when we saw a DB Performance/Touring on the same level of the parking structure also looking for parking..... I decided to follow it hoping we could get spots right next to each other or at least close by (I kno, I'm such a dork).

Anyway, it was my GF's first time seeing a Z in DB and the first thing out of her mouth was, "WOW, that's niiiice.... U shoulda got that color"...... I told her thanks, now get out and walk...... j/p.... As soon as she caught what she said, she says, "But, black is nice too"..... I gotta admit tho, the guy must of just washed and waxed because that thing was glowing......

Oh well, that's my worst compliment, what's yours?
Old 07-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Zsilverstone13

Some girl actually told me that my Z is CUTE!! It's not a bad compliment, but I just don't think CUTE and Z should be associated to each other. I was hoping some thing more like "COOL", "NICE","BEAUTIFUL"...etc. "CUTE" is for Beetle, Mini, and the old Mazda 121.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:06 PM
the bluez33

"looks like some sort of space capsule"
Old 07-31-2003, 05:20 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys like their cars being called as cute about as much as women like being called cute. Sure its a compliment, but being referred to as sexy is just so much better!
Old 07-31-2003, 05:51 PM
350zroadster

My ex-gf's bestfriend called 00+ Celica a "spaceship tuna can" I still haven't figure that one out.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:45 PM
marhot

I had an old lady (about 60) come up to me & tell me my Z was cute, then she preceded to tell me about her VW Beetle she had recently sold. I'm like trying to ignore her and she is continuing to talk to me about cars. I'm like, get away from me old lady.

People act so strange around this car. Sometimes it's such a moron magnet!

the bluez33 said ""looks like some sort of space capsule... Well, my daughter's friend (age 16) says it sounds like a space ship when it starts up My daughter and her friend have nicknamed it "the Spaceship"

Last edited by marhot; 07-31-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:25 PM
thackattk

One of my neighbors first words about the car when I brought it home, "I don't like it, it's too bubbly." He's an idiot. Oh, by the way, he drive a chrystler sebring coupe
Old 07-31-2003, 07:43 PM
Dizturbed

I've also been a victim of "cute". I felt my stomach knot. My black Z with dark tinted windows shouldn't invoke "cuteness". Cute...makes me mad just thinking about it again!
Old 07-31-2003, 07:52 PM
z33r1

Default Cute

My girlfriend, her friends, her mom, her mom's friends, my neighbor's all these female's have called my Z cute.
I don't get it the car is not freaken cute.
It's a bad *** sports car that is capable of tremendous speed and handling don't they see that or is it just a cute car to them.
I mean if a girl pulls up to you and says "hey that's a nice car", what is she really thinking that it's cute. My God I wonder what they think about lamborghinis are they cute to?
Old 07-31-2003, 10:12 PM
the bluez33

i can't really see most chicks (i'm 20 for god's sake btw let me use that word :P) coming up to my car and calling it "bad ***", and "mean looking". cept for my gf though, but hey- that's why she's my gf
Old 07-31-2003, 11:06 PM
drew703

I've definitely had the word "cute" ascribed to my Z too...and I definitely got the same confused/angry feeling inside too..lol But nonetheless, I'm sure they intended well. One compliment, not to say its a compliment at all actually...it was interesting to say the least :

I'm parking my Z toward the end of the lot at Best Buy, right near the curb (i like lowering my dings/scrape rate by 50% ), and this guy maybe in his 30's/40's approaches the car. Since I've had my Z, most guys in this age range are usually in awe of the car, or at least compliment me on how good it looks, and ask me some questions about it. But this guy obviously was a little different. He literally walks over from his car, surveys my car up and down, and says "hmm, that's an interesting car...is that the new hyundai hybrid car??" I almost had to restrain my self from laughing, yet cringing from surprise too! A HYUNDAI HYBRID...hmm, thats all I can say. You all can figure out the rest...

btw, I calmly told him it was a Nissan 350z, and NO it was NOT a Hyundai Hybrid... LoL

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 08-01-2003, 03:00 AM
SteveZzz

Yep, CUTE has been used to describe mine, too, but I've got a theory about that.

Mine's been called cute only by people who have been standing in front of it and looking directly at the front end, not the side profile or the rear. I think the front of the car is the least agressive when it comes to styling and "bad a$$ness". So if my theory is correct and you don't want it to be cute, try to avoid the head on view!
Old 08-01-2003, 03:11 AM
spinninbackfist

A friend of mine said to me " It looks like a bar of soap ". A bar of soap uhhh let me show you what a bar of soap looks like from the back. So Fresh and so Clean.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:35 AM
ZRiCaN

Another victim of the cute compliment, I was think of 'Joe Dirt' "Beautiful?? I'm looking for righteously kicka$$"
But I think my worst compliment was on-base shortly after I got her, a friend of mine saw me drive by then saw me later and was like "hey I like your new car, that the new Audi TT" I couldnt get mad cuz she didn't any better, so I bit my lip and politely corrected her " actually its the new Z"
Old 08-01-2003, 05:49 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I've heard the dreaded "cute"--and from my mother in law, so I couldn't tell her that my car's not cute, it's bad a$$ or stunning or aggressive or anything but cute! AHHHHH!

For a chick who's into her cars, the word cute is one of *those* four letter words!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:28 AM
MASTERPLAU

my mom said my interior looked "cheap", she drives a coach edition lexus...
Old 08-01-2003, 09:45 AM
SteveZzz

Your mom's right!!! Compared to the Coach interior it is cheap, both in look and cost!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:50 AM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found this at dictionary.com

Entry: cute
Function: adjective
Definition: attractive
Synonyms: beautiful, charming, dainty, delightful, perky, pleasant, pretty
Antonyms: homely, ugly, unattractive
Concept: beauty

If cute=beauty, then I'm happy.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:51 AM
kakey

I had a 16ish year old girl at a drive thru window look at my car, tell me she liked it, ask what it is and then proceed to tell me it looked like a hat.

She quickly corrected herself upon seeing the look on my face to "a very cool hat" ...

Regards,
Kevin
Old 08-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Zulu

Originally posted by marhot
I had an old lady (about 60) come up to me & tell me my Z was cute, then she preceded to tell me about her VW Beetle she had recently sold. I'm like trying to ignore her and she is continuing to talk to me about cars. I'm like, get away from me old lady.

People act so strange around this car. Sometimes it's such a moron magnet!

the bluez33 said ""looks like some sort of space capsule... Well, my daughter's friend (age 16) says it sounds like a space ship when it starts up My daughter and her friend have nicknamed it "the Spaceship"
Hmmmm...I'm curious. Could you please ask her how does a spaceship sound when started??? btw, right now I don't recall any bad compliments (oxymoron?) or comments, just a friend saying he didn't like black because it hid the lines I guess selective memory is a good thing, only remember good things said about your car (they definitely outweigh the others!)

Quick Reply: Worst Compliment