Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car and Driver assistant dies in 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 07:32 PM
geezer902

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just discovered this thread. The man's death is very sad. But many of the posts here almost as sad. The fact you are arrogant or cocky or just feeling anonymous because you're online doesn't make it alright to write like an insensitive jerk.

If you ccan't say anything nice .... the most appropriate comment would be "a moment of silence."

HIs age has nothing to do with it.
His job has nothing to do with it.
His driving experience is not the issue.
The kind of car is not the issue, either.

There are no lessons or morals or excuses that let us feel safe in this sort of thing. It could have been any of us, and perhaps will be. Everyone gets a turn. Try to show a little respect. Best. J
Old 08-02-2003, 07:45 PM
buzzdsm

What he said
Old 08-02-2003, 07:53 PM
supra crazy

Its Time to install a roll cage in my z then!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:42 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by geezer902
I've just discovered this thread. The man's death is very sad. But many of the posts here almost as sad. The fact you are arrogant or cocky or just feeling anonymous because you're online doesn't make it alright to write like an insensitive jerk.

If you ccan't say anything nice .... the most appropriate comment would be "a moment of silence."

There are no lessons or morals or excuses that let us feel safe in this sort of thing. It could have been any of us, and perhaps will be. Everyone gets a turn. Try to show a little respect. Best. J
What part of the eyewitness report, "driving recklessly and at high speed " did you miss?
Old 08-02-2003, 10:31 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

I agree..no right to judge him. Im sure the way most of us drive could be considered "reckless" at times, this doesnt make it right but i dont know how you can say he deserved to die, thats BS.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Wisky

Im with him, thangs geezer for saying what needs to be said. Im sure EVERY ONE of you have pushed your car to the limits or near the limits at least once at one point (this means any car, not only your Z), does that mean EVERY ONE of you deserved to crash and die and have a bunch of jerks behind a computer screen say "heh, speed kills, he got what he deserved".

If someone gave you an SL55 AMG to use for the weekend, you would go 65MPH and obey all traffic laws? I think not. This guy was just excited about the car his job let him use for the day/night/week (who knows) - and did not deserve to die in any way!
Old 08-02-2003, 10:44 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by droideka
What part of the eyewitness report, "driving recklessly and at high speed " did you miss?
The part where the eyewitness was qualified to determine what "reckless" and "high speed" is. You have the opinion of one person who saw the guy drive by over a 1/4 mile away.

Obviously there was a crash, but to throw all compassion out the window because one person said he was driving too fast is just sad to me.

It was a tragic accident, especially because it could have been easily avoided. It is fortunate that no one else was injured, but very sad that the driver wasn't able to live on and learn from his mistake. Hopefully some of us can learn from his actions instead.

Take care,
D'oh!
Old 08-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Enron Exec

Thousands of ppl die each year due to reckless drivers. A good portion of those are passangers or ppl in other cars. Alot of you defending this young man are looking at this from the driver's point of view and not considering the general welfare of everyone else. Had he have killed a innocent bystander, would you still see him as an OK guy? What if he did kill someone else... someone walking on the sidewalk, someone that you new or loved. This could have easily happend for the worse.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:29 PM
leadfoot

Well, I certainly feel bad for this kid. I think for the most part people are just oblivious to the dangers facing everyone of us everyday. You push your car a little bit and the risk increases. I would not condemn him, I've done the same thing many times on bikes and cars and am pretty fortunate to still be around considering.

The soap box is a bit overboard though. I'm sure that inside everyone of these anonymous posters is a little voice saying it could happen to me and that we all feel bad about the loss even though we have no idea who the guy was. But give us a break, one of the ways we deal with the fear and loss is through outlets like this board. Don't pass judgement on anyone here, we all deal with things in our own way.