Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "GUY MAGNET"

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 04:57 AM
devaraj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The "GUY MAGNET"

Hey, back when I was waiting for the delivery of my 350Z, all of my friends kept telling me about what an incredible "chick magnet" the car would be. Now that I have been driving my Z for 6 months, I have found an amazing truth - - - the car is a "GUY MAGNET" (LOL).

Women often turn their heads when I drive by, but it is the guys who stop me every day to drool over the car and ask a million questions about it. If I were gay, I could get a lot of dates with my Daytona Blue baby (LOL). Go figure!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:41 AM
zpeedDemon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Jason

You should try driving an NSX sometime, it's even worse.

From what I can tell, most women don't care about your car at all unless it's either a junker (then they'll stay away) or a Porsche/Ferrari.

(On a related note, they do seem to care how well you take care of your car.)
Old 08-02-2003, 11:05 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Now, Jason, you know I'm on my crusade to make every woman in the world interested about cars. And don't forget the Vettes--I think the female obsession with that car started with Barbie's damn pink one! LOL

And besides other Z drivers, I mostly get dirty looks from the guys. And almost every single freakin' one asks how my husband let me take his car out??? Grrrrr.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:10 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Holy crap, now that I think about it you're right! That's an excellent, if unfortunate, observation.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:21 PM
Blue04

Default Re: The "GUY MAGNET"

Originally posted by devaraj
If I were gay, I could get a lot of dates with my Daytona Blue baby (LOL). Go figure!
Maybe I'm being stereotypical here, (puts on flame suit) I think you'd get more dates as a women with that but I'd bet most gay guys would like something like the new Beatle over a Z. It's got that "cute" factor.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:01 AM
Ralphus

My friend has an Escalade with 24's, and chicks approach him from time to time. Especially closing time at the clubs.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:56 PM
TXz-350
Banned

I've noticed that too, But its more along the line of young bucks looking at my Z. I usually opt to drive my TT to the clubs seeing as i get more looks when i am in it.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Jason

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
Now, Jason, you know I'm on my crusade to make every woman in the world interested about cars.
You are the coolest woman EVER. Now, work on that crusade thing faster!

And besides other Z drivers, I mostly get dirty looks from the guys. And almost every single freakin' one asks how my husband let me take his car out??? Grrrrr.
Weak. Their problem not yours.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:53 PM
AustinTX_350Z

Default Beatle over a Z? Seriously ...

Originally posted by Blue04
Maybe I'm being stereotypical here, (puts on flame suit) I think you'd get more dates as a women with that but I'd bet most gay guys would like something like the new Beatle over a Z. It's got that "cute" factor.
What a perfectly ridiculous comment Blue04!

ACTUALLY, I'm gay and I drive a Z - NOT a Beetle. And well, all my gay friends ... they think a Z is a hell of a lot cooler than a freakin' VW bug. I know because when I was out there looking for all the cars with the"cute factor," they told me to stick to the "awesome car" factor.

So, yes, you're being perfectly stereotypical ... amongst other things.

By the way, I've received just as many compliments from women as I have from guys ... But true, the car is a "guy magnet."

I also bought the Z so I could make up for the shortcomings and insecurities that plague me when trying to get a date!
Old 08-04-2003, 03:47 PM
KhanMan

Well I saw this in a magazine the cars that are usually bought by gay/lesbians the number 1 was the vw bettle, 3 the cabrio cabrio, 4 Jetta, and the Golf non gti's was 7 on list. Mostly vw are know as women and homosexual cars. I am sorry to offened anyone but I saw this in a car mag.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:38 PM
AustinTX_350Z

Originally posted by KhanMan
Well I saw this in a magazine the cars that are usually bought by gay/lesbians the number 1 was the vw bettle, 3 the cabrio cabrio, 4 Jetta, and the Golf non gti's was 7 on list. Mostly vw are know as women and homosexual cars. I am sorry to offened anyone but I saw this in a car mag.
It's not a very descriptive market research study if it ignores the basic premise of sex, that being male or female. Which magazine was this again?

Subaru's marketing efforts paid off when they targeted lesbians - the Outback is the #1 selling car amongst lesbians. From #1 - #10, here's how it actually goes, according to gay.com:
[list=1][*]Jeep Wrangler[*]Subaru Outback[*]Jeep Grand Cherokee[*]BMW X5[*]BMW 3-series[*]Saab 9-3[*]Mazda Miata[*]Ford Mustang[*]Ford Ranger[*]VW New Beetle[/list=1]

VW's aren't known as "women and homosexual cars" - you half-wit, they're just cars. I'm sure that the Beetles are purchased more by lesbians than by gay men ... but they're still last on the list.

So yeah, out of VWs purchased, they may rank in that order.

I guess that Jeep SUVs, according to you, would classify as "women and homosexual cars" based on your unsubstantiated argument - if that's what it was.

You better run over to Germany and tell everyone over there that ... Guess there's a whole lot of gay men over there ...

Last edited by AustinTX_350Z; 08-04-2003 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:24 PM
fresno350

omg this person actually went to gay.com..............LOL!
Old 08-04-2003, 05:46 PM
AustinTX_350Z

Originally posted by fresno350
omg this person actually went to gay.com..............LOL!
Imagine that ... We actually have websites that give us information about our lifestyles ... a community on the web much like my350z.com ... except it pertains to other things, not just a car.

Oh my God - that really is funny. I looked up information from a valid source to back my argument!

I guess your humor is like that of a 5 year-old kid, where one pokes fun for no reason.

I guess straight or gay, intelligence is obviously not a trait all people hold.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:11 PM
MallocFailure

As another gay 350z owner, I'm amazed by the stereotypes being thrown around by some of the members. Guess what? I wouldn't be caught dead in a Beetle. My previous (and very heterosexual) roommate had a Beetle. Cya, stereotype!

And Fresno350, what's with the comment? I guess I shouldn't expect anything better from Fresno. (Oh, you don't like the stereotype?)
Old 08-04-2003, 08:34 PM
fresno350

ok...how many times can you use the word stereotype in one post. you even said yourself you were out looking for a car with the "cute" factor....and your friends are the one that told you to stick with the "awesome" factor. so, what would you have gotten if you went with the "cute" factor? hmmm. well those insecurities and shortcomings are definetly becoming obvious. anyone who gets that offended that easily is very insecure. oh, and by the way, ive heard for years by multiple different people that the volkswagon...especially the golf....is the "*** flagship".....why would they say that? i guess they are stereotypical too. haha
Old 08-04-2003, 09:21 PM
KhanMan

I saw that on some car site that was linked on wwwg35driver.com
Old 08-04-2003, 09:28 PM
KhanMan

http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Gay-Lesbian/gay-guy1.html
Old 08-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Zeromancer

Hey now, hey now...don't dreeeeeeeeam it's over...

Gay people like Z's and cars in general...heteros like Z's and cars in general...some like cute cars and some like awesome sporty cars...who cares? You like what you like so let's stop stereotyping for a little while at least. I have gay friends who tell me about their lifestyles, but that doesn't mean everything they say or do is what all gays say or do? Does it? Of course it freakin' doesn't.

I'm straight and Half Black/Half Japanese. Are you saying I bought my 350Z because the Japanese side of me made the car and the Black side of me wants to steal the stereo while eating watermelon and fried chicken? I hope not...stereotyping and racial profiling are signs of ignorance and I KNOW people who buy Z's aren't ignorant...right?

But I digress...
Old 08-05-2003, 05:51 AM
AustinTX_350Z

Originally posted by fresno350
ok...how many times can you use the word stereotype in one post. you even said yourself you were out looking for a car with the "cute" factor....and your friends are the one that told you to stick with the "awesome" factor. so, what would you have gotten if you went with the "cute" factor? hmmm. well those insecurities and shortcomings are definetly becoming obvious. anyone who gets that offended that easily is very insecure. oh, and by the way, ive heard for years by multiple different people that the volkswagon...especially the golf....is the "*** flagship".....why would they say that? i guess they are stereotypical too. haha
You're obviously lacking the ability to comprehend what DRY HUMOR is.

You actually think that someone who would buy a Z would even dare look at a freakin' Beetle? Yeah, highly unlikely. As MallocFailure, I wouldn't be caught dead in a Beetle.

Most people would agree that it is offensive to stereotype homosexuals or member of any other minorities. Me? Insecure? Are you kidding me? I just "came out" and I'm still backing it and now defending it because some ignorant bastards have decided to comment on something that is a sensitive issue (it's not the VW anymore, I could give a hoot about the VWs), yet they know nothing about. It's not about being insecure - it's about being politically correct and respecting others ... while using your brain.

The "flagship?" That's hilarious! Actually, the flagship is a Jeep Wrangler/CJ7 for gay men, it's the Subaru Outback for lesbians ... commonly known amongst the people who actually know.

Fresno350 - you're a moron. Your argumentative skills need some work. Besides that, you're seriously making yourself look like a fool ... not just to me ... but to others.

KhanMan - did you see the nature of that website? It's a joke ... the whole thing ... besides, the Beetle isn't number one, it's the Jetta. I'm sure that's some queened out web site that is based on opinions, not facts ... but, it's okay, you didn't know that. Honest mistake ...

ZERO! Funny stuff! I concur. As much as I hate to admit it ... not all Z drivers are cultured or educated. I myself was born in Houston, parents are Venezuelan, my mom is Irish and Italian, and my dad is Spanish and German ... so, somewhere in there I ended up becoming part of two "subcultures" when I moved back into the states after having traveled and lived overseas.

Things are much different here when it comes to issues such as these.

"A-HA! VICTORY IS YET AGAIN MINE!"
"HOW DARE YOU SULLY MY GOOD NAME WITH YOUR SLANDEROUS FILTH?!?" - Little Stewie

Last edited by AustinTX_350Z; 08-05-2003 at 05:55 AM.

Quick Reply: The "GUY MAGNET"