Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need Advice: Z in the shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Spoiled Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know cuz when I talk to the cop he said he can't do anything about it. I think I said what if I break in ... then you can go to jail.... I dont know maybe the guy is in jail or died so who knows when I will get my car back or ever. It seems that no one wants to help me even the cops. I called the state attorneys office and the guy said that I have to come down there and file a complaint...ok I file a complaint and then what?! What pissed me off is that when I called the non emergency phone line the lady got mad at me cuz its not a criminal matter and its a civil matter and should call state attorneys office. I go see a lawyer on monday but I bet Im just gonna get the run around. Can I just report that my car is stolen?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

keep going by till you see the shop open, oh and make sure your cars actually in the shop.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoiled Z
I dont know cuz when I talk to the cop he said he can't do anything about it. I think I said what if I break in ... then you can go to jail.... I dont know maybe the guy is in jail or died so who knows when I will get my car back or ever. It seems that no one wants to help me even the cops. I called the state attorneys office and the guy said that I have to come down there and file a complaint...ok I file a complaint and then what?! What pissed me off is that when I called the non emergency phone line the lady got mad at me cuz its not a criminal matter and its a civil matter and should call state attorneys office. I go see a lawyer on monday but I bet Im just gonna get the run around. Can I just report that my car is stolen?
you would most likely get in trouble for reporting it stolen when you handed over your keys to a body shop.

when i worked down at my body shop, it was a private business. We could of shot anyone if we wanted if someone tried to jump the fence. Reason the cops can't do anything is because it most likely a private business as well.

here is an idea...if you are still paying on your Z, through a financial loan, call your finance company and tell them what is going on. Finance companies always tries to help a situation like that since technically they own the car and they don't want you missing a payment since you are not driving the car.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
here is an idea...if you are still paying on your Z, through a financial loan, call your finance company and tell them what is going on. Finance companies always tries to help a situation like that since technically they own the car and they don't want you missing a payment since you are not driving the car.

AHhhhhhhh that's a tight idea!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:06 AM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by g3d
I'd think so - these are they guys who do repos for Banks, etc. and those cars are not stolen in the conventional sense.

Yes.
In Texas they can't legally break in...doing so will get you shot or arrested down here, dunno bout Florida.

I could tell a story about repo man vs innocent guys car who happened to be in my old shop for repair (post repoman damage)...but it'd take too long...basically repoman was called in for wrong car...stole the car, destroyed rear suspension in process...car was @ our shop getting suspension reworked, repoman was trying to steal again...car stayed inside....repoman didn't get car again.

Last edited by WTX350Z; 09-05-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM
350z-Jason

In FL the state attorneys office is pretty aggressive since they want to impress crist who used to be the state attorney. Call them, be forceful and don't let them give you the run around... if they start doing that, tell them you want someone higher up. Honestly, if you are aggressive with them... you can get a response from the shop within 48 hours since he will be served a notice of a civil suit.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:22 AM
labelworkshop75

Now you got the $ BITCHHH
Attached Thumbnails Need Advice: Z in the shop-0405071826.jpg  
Old 09-05-2008, 03:05 PM
gmic350z

dude,write a letter saying you have reported him to better bussines bureau and have talked to a lawyer and if you dont hear anything by a certain time you will file for small claims court,and say that you had to get a rental cause he will not respond to phone and shop not being open and he will have to pay for rental ,which will put some scare into him,then go to city hall and look up his address for shop and you might get lucky and find some personal info,like whonthe landlord is or home address or phone.call him with somebody elses phone so no caller id.ask the neighbors whats going on,have they seen him talk some **** to them so if they do see him they will def bring it up..is like someone kidnaped your virgin bride!!!!!!!get her back at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Spoiled Z

Originally Posted by gmic350z
dude,write a letter saying you have reported him to better bussines bureau and have talked to a lawyer and if you dont hear anything by a certain time you will file for small claims court,and say that you had to get a rental cause he will not respond to phone and shop not being open and he will have to pay for rental ,which will put some scare into him,then go to city hall and look up his address for shop and you might get lucky and find some personal info,like whonthe landlord is or home address or phone.call him with somebody elses phone so no caller id.ask the neighbors whats going on,have they seen him talk some **** to them so if they do see him they will def bring it up..is like someone kidnaped your virgin bride!!!!!!!get her back at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I can but he is no where to be found! I hear my car inside. Once I pick up my car I want my money back and if we dont agree on something then Im going to take him to court. I'm thinking maybe something really happened to him. Maybe he died or went to jail. I called his cel today and it looks like its still off cuz it went straight to voicemail.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Spoiled Z

Originally Posted by 350z-Jason
In FL the state attorneys office is pretty aggressive since they want to impress crist who used to be the state attorney. Call them, be forceful and don't let them give you the run around... if they start doing that, tell them you want someone higher up. Honestly, if you are aggressive with them... you can get a response from the shop within 48 hours since he will be served a notice of a civil suit.
Im going to the state attorneys office on monday. I really hope they can help me cuz I feel so helpless I feel like just taking it in my own hand but I dont want to go to jail from breaking in his garage.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:45 AM
McGuckin

WOW!!!! That is a crazy situation. I think you should post the shops name so nobody else has to deal with this B.S.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Spoiled Z

Originally Posted by McGuckin
WOW!!!! That is a crazy situation. I think you should post the shops name so nobody else has to deal with this B.S.
A and A Paint and Body Shop its on 6073-2 Roosevelt Blvd Jacksonville FL the owners are Tony Poss and Stoney Dillard
Old 09-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Spoiled Z

I went by there this afternoon and it sounds like my car is still in the garage. I unlocked and locked it and I heard it. I also popped the trunk and I heard it popped but sucks cuz now I wont be able to lock the car! I'm just puzzled on how I can't get the panic alarm to go off. It also looks like someone went by there either yesterday or today. Cuz someone had stuck a note on the door and the mailbox used to have mails but now they're gone. I hope on monday he opens up that way it will save me a trip to the state attorney's office.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:13 PM
350z2go

gl man
Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 PM
McGuckin

any update?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Orrah

Show up to the shop with a gun or taser and tell him to give you your car back lol. I'd be like, I'm not paying you, and I'm taking my car back.

Get nasty.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Orrah

Originally Posted by vo7848
Good luck on recovering your money though. I'd put a brick through his front window a month later if he doesn't return your money.

Sorry for the double post but this was great. Totally agree.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Spoiled Z

Finally got my car back today!!! He called me today when I was at legal. He said Im sorry about last week, death in the family bla bla. I asked him if he is at the shop he said I am but Im gonna run an errand so I'll be back in a few. I said I want to see my car. He said its still the same and insisted to see my car. So I walked in his shop pissed. He then apolized bla bla bla I said Im taking my car today and I want my money back. He said he did alot of work on my car and its worth $650" I said what! What ever you did to my car is not worth a days work. I said I'll just take you to court then. Then I didnt listen to what he was saying from there on. I just started my car and took my car from his garage. When I was outside he came up to me and said call me if you want to work something out. I didnt feel like talking to I just ignored him. I was heated. I'll call him in a few days. If he doesn't give "some of my money" back then when I take his a$$ to court I want to make sure that he pays for the court fees and I will demand the full amount. My car no is at carsmetic. I wasn't going to leave it there but they said it would be better if I where to leave the car that waythey can better color match the paint. Im picking up the stuff tomorrow. I can't wait.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you got your car back. Yeah, good call on taking him to court if he doesn't give you your money. It's an easy case for you. Just make sure you take pics of your car before you get it worked on at the new place for court or it won't go too well. Good luck.