Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Freeway car Accident on 605s near

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:50 PM
xtremefairladyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by samjcg
Long story short,I was heading back to Irvine from Pasadena around 2:00pm and usually there are traffic on 605s so we were going about 50 mph. Suddenly the mercedes(first car who is involved in accident) decided to press on the break hard and the toyota camry(second car) and my car was able to come to a stop safely, however the the truck behind me(1999 chevy s10) was not equipped with ABS brakes and even though he tried to stop in time, the car rolled and hit my rear bumper. Due to the impact from the truck, I was pushed into camry and camry into mercedes.

My insurance company just called me that I was 0% fault. I am really happy about that btw . I paid off this car about a month ago, so I can get aftermarket parts. bad news is I just got new exhaust two days ago, and they are pretty much jacked up.

If any of you guys saw me on 605 in big car crash scene, that was me.
I also saw a lot of jackasses who were throwing some dumbass comments when we were exchanging insurance info and such...

have a great weekend guys and drive safe

sam

p.s. How does getting aftermarket parts at the body shop work? please help me out
Dude no wonder!! I missed you at the meet!!! Sorry to hear man. I know if you choose the route to get the money from the insurance, you can use that money to buy aftermarket parts instead of fixing your bumper. I hear vertex body kit coming....
Old 09-13-2008, 08:25 AM
samjcg

Originally Posted by xtremefairladyz
Dude no wonder!! I missed you at the meet!!! Sorry to hear man. I know if you choose the route to get the money from the insurance, you can use that money to buy aftermarket parts instead of fixing your bumper. I hear vertex body kit coming....
Do I have to get the money and fix it myself? I tought the body shop and hook me up and they can get me an aftermarket body kit for me.. as far as body kit goes, i am sticking with nismo v2... I might sell my car soon and I just want to keep my car simple I love v2 front end though... and maybe chargespeed rears or ing rears

sam
Old 09-13-2008, 08:33 AM
xtremefairladyz

Do I have to get the money and fix it myself? I tought the body shop and hook me up and they can get me an aftermarket body kit for me.. as far as body kit goes, i am sticking with nismo v2... I might sell my car soon and I just want to keep my car simple I love v2 front end though... and maybe chargespeed rears or ing rears

sam
Try to ask the body shop if they are alright with you getting something different. I don't see why not. They can just find the difference between the stock bumpers and deduct that from the body kit and you pay the difference. Why are you selling your car??
Old 09-13-2008, 08:51 AM
samjcg

Try to ask the body shop if they are alright with you getting something different. I don't see why not. They can just find the difference between the stock bumpers and deduct that from the body kit and you pay the difference. Why are you selling your car??
this is 2nd time accident with my z. first time, I could get the aftermarket body because I didn't own the car(b/c bank has to sign the paper if it looks like oem or not) but since now I own it, I get to sign the paper when it is done, so I think they will let me get aftermarket body.

I might sell my car because I need more room. I only have z and dd and sometime i want to take out my sister and her friends sometimes but Z has been always the problem. We are looking into audi a4 and hopefully keeping the Z.
I will miss it tooooo much if i sell them i think
Old 09-13-2008, 09:01 AM
xtremefairladyz

this is 2nd time accident with my z. first time, I could get the aftermarket body because I didn't own the car(b/c bank has to sign the paper if it looks like oem or not) but since now I own it, I get to sign the paper when it is done, so I think they will let me get aftermarket body.

I might sell my car because I need more room. I only have z and dd and sometime i want to take out my sister and her friends sometimes but Z has been always the problem. We are looking into audi a4 and hopefully keeping the Z.
I will miss it tooooo much if i sell them i think

I hope your sister's friend give you at least SOMETHING. I hated taking out my sister and her friends (my friends too!). It has always been a hassle so I'm like, screw you guys I'mma get a car I love and not think about taking other people. And so comes the Z. Sure you get complaints here and there but hey, you don't have to take out your sister, just take out her friend! Haha.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:03 AM
haeshik

i've gotten into 2 minor accidents in my z aswell so i know the insurance process pretty well. just have your car taken to a shop you can trust. insurance claim agent will goto your shop and discuss the estimated damage in detail. your insurance will give the shop the check and if anything is left which i doubt you will get the remaing money.

when talking to your claim agent he/she will ask you about your mods. just tell em you don't have the receipts and give the agent the highest price you can find for your parts. for example, if your nismo v2 kit cost $800 then look for a place that sells it for $900+. i did that and in the end got an additional $500 check with my car being fixed perfectly. but then progressive has the best claim agents and you might not be so lucky.

btw im also Korean so heem naeh

Last edited by haeshik; 09-13-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DAMN!! i'd be in jail from choking someone...but that lil pipe u circled is for your freon to be distributed to the condenser for your A/C.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 AM
samjcg

Originally Posted by haeshik
i've gotten into 2 minor accidents in my z aswell so i know the insurance process pretty well. just have your car taken to a shop you can trust. insurance claim agent will goto your shop and discuss the estimated damage in detail. your insurance will give the shop the check and if anything is left which i doubt you will get the remaing money.

when talking to your claim agent he/she will ask you about your mods. just tell em you don't have the receipts and give the agent the highest price you can find for your parts. for example, if your nismo v2 kit cost $800 then look for a place that sells it for $900+. i did that and in the end got an additional $500 check with my car being fixed perfectly. but then progressive has the best claim agents and you might not be so lucky.

btw im also Korean so heem naeh
dam... some koreans in this flooor i have to say...
My front is not nismo v2, but it is just stock with nismo lip on it. and only the mod that was damaged was my xo2 exhaust. Even though this is not oem, would they be willing to replace with new xo2 or some other exhaust as i wish?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
samjcg

I hope your sister's friend give you at least SOMETHING. I hated taking out my sister and her friends (my friends too!). It has always been a hassle so I'm like, screw you guys I'mma get a car I love and not think about taking other people. And so comes the Z. Sure you get complaints here and there but hey, you don't have to take out your sister, just take out her friend! Haha.
thats exactly what I said! I will just take your friend out and she will have fun time with me
Old 09-13-2008, 10:34 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

and only the mod that was damaged was my xo2 exhaust. Even though this is not oem, would they be willing to replace with new xo2 or some other exhaust as i wish?
I'll bet the stock exhaust cost more , have them pay for a stock exhaust.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:38 AM
haeshik

^better idea, tell em its the hks exhaust instead of x02
Old 09-13-2008, 10:56 AM
infinite

The insurrance company will usually give you the value for stock parts regardless of the modifications, since they insurred a stock vehicle, however stock parts usually amount to more than custom parts, so you're benefitting off of this big time... good time to choose your mods. if they amount to more than the price of stock you'd pay the difference.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
samjcg

^better idea, tell em its the hks exhaust instead of x02

dont you think insurance people will know? lol
if i can pass than sure why not.. i am getting 1000 dolla free money
Old 09-13-2008, 11:49 AM
samjcg

Originally Posted by infinite
The insurrance company will usually give you the value for stock parts regardless of the modifications, since they insurred a stock vehicle, however stock parts usually amount to more than custom parts, so you're benefitting off of this big time... good time to choose your mods. if they amount to more than the price of stock you'd pay the difference.
yea.. well we will see how the estimate will go.. AAA agent will come on tuesday and hopefully we can get most money out of it.

I left my car at MOB works in Orange,ca

anyone know that place? someone referred me there and the mechanic, miguel looked like a good guy to deal with...
Old 09-13-2008, 12:21 PM
haeshik

dont you think insurance people will know? lol
if i can pass than sure why not.. i am getting 1000 dolla free money
like i said i got lucky with both progressve claim agents and it didn't hurt that they were coo and laid back. They took my word for it so i got lucky and made some extra cash
Old 09-13-2008, 12:26 PM
samjcg

like i said i got lucky with both progressve claim agents and it didn't hurt that they were coo and laid back. They took my word for it so i got lucky and made some extra cash
I dont know if you know "MOB works" in Orange, ca. but I let miguel deal with my car this time. someone from this forum referred me to him and I just dropped off my car there. He seemed like a really nice person. It looks like i am getting nismo v2 front and nismo rears, and maybe +06 headlights. If i can pull that off I will be so dammnn happy.. Are there any other rears that I should think of? I like ing rears...anyone?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:19 AM
samjcg

anyone?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 AM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Maybe a diffuser of some sort like Top Secret or the Jp type diffuser that fits in between the nismo rears would work well. Hey if your looking for an Audi A4 I have a friend of mine selling his for i think 12 or 13 thousand. Not a bad price considering he has upgraded the turbo and engine for the most part. He dynoed at 340 or 350 awhp something at 20 psi which is what he normally runs. Its a clean ride too. PM me if your interested i can hook you up with him, hes a chill guy.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 AM
samjcg

pmed
Old 09-15-2008, 01:49 PM
1M0RLAP

Sorry to hear that man. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. Hope the car gets fixed up soon.

Quick Reply: Freeway car Accident on 605s near