Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
88 mph. Then all hell breaks loose.
1 + i have done about every turn on my local highway no more then 90mph
after 90 i feel like my car is slipping
Old 09-14-2008, 12:10 PM
gmic350z

try it out,feel it out when its safe.cause you cant say you can drive your car the same as someone who has had there car on the edge, maybe you loose your ******** factor mid pass when you get into it,.know what i mean?do it and find out.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Learn your limits on a track.

You don't want this to happen on any street;
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wK_6Ei5j9YY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wK_6Ei5j9YY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 PM
gennosuke1

exactly thats what i dont want to happen lol
Old 09-14-2008, 12:36 PM
gennosuke1

do you have to record your car when you go to the track or how does it work because in case i want to sell my car i dont want the buyer to think i drove the **** out of it
Old 09-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by gennosuke1
do you have to record your car when you go to the track or how does it work because in case i want to sell my car i dont want the buyer to think i drove the **** out of it
No, you don't have to record it. I do it just in case something interesting happens. (like a Z noob spinning my car in less than 10 seconds )
Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 PM
MulhollandDrive

So i searched around and couldnt find a post to what i was looking for. I would like to know for roads that are curved a little bit how fast could you go before loosing control.
Gennosuke... In the past, a lot of cars really did not corner well and there was a lot of understeer and squealing of tires to let you know well in advance that you were going to fast. With the advent of muscle cars, we learned how to control the understeer with power and some of us learned that too much power meant that the back end would come out and ouch! Those of us lucky enough to live near dirt roads and/or those of us who rode dirt bikes learned how to drift and slide on the dirt which was a lot of fun and a useful skill to know. The 240z was an opportunity for many of us to drive a more neutral handling car. However, under hard braking into a corner a stock 240z would oversteer which led some of us to replace the front rubber bushing in front of the compression rod with one made of teflon. This, by the way, was a way bad idea for ride quality. Although the 240z was a much better handling car than most muscle cars, with some tires, the behavior past the limit of adhesion was NOT good. The other stickler is wet, icy or snowy roads. Wet roads can really change the adhesion limits, especially after the first rains after summer when the oil has built up. So having exceeded the limits of adhesion on more than one occasion, I now place predictability over absolute adhesion. I will gladly buy the most expensive tire that has the best wet weather grip as opposed to dry grip and prefer a tire that slides smoothly as opposed to a tire that grips better but breaks away violently.

As for spirited driving, I drive fast going UP a deserted twisty road, not down, so if I go in too hot I just get off the gas. I blip downshift as I enter a curve and control my line with the throttle. Having been a passenger in a head on collision and having smacked my helmet on the pavement going down on a motorcycle all I can say is be careful.

In this day and age, there are very few deserted roads for spirited driving. I agree with the recommendation for taking your car to an autocross event and there you can learn how fast to take a curve and what happens when you go too fast. They will give your car a safety inspection and give you a helmet to wear. You will want to empty out your trunk of junk and raise the tire pressure for this type of low speed event. I think you will be amazed at the G forces a modern car like a 350Z can generate. I also recommend that you take an emergency maneuvers course where you learn how to correct for a slide in the rain or ice.

350Z Roadster Stillen SC Stage II
Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 PM
gennosuke1

thanks a lot for advice
Old 09-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Lento

Get forza 2. Its the closest simulation you can get
Old 09-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

a good way to learn some limits is to go to a big empty parking lot and do some various turns at various speeds, make sure its wide open enough so if you **** up, you don't slide into anything. a track would be a step above this, but since that isn't an option to everyone..

that being said, on public roads, take it easy, I know it's fun to corner fast and all.. but you should get a good feel for the car and you have no reason to push it to the max. you will be quiet sad the one turn you take it too far and put your Z in to a ditch.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:14 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

...just wondering what the Z can really handle also for corner too. whenever i am going a little fast i am afraid that the car might slide or drift and then i would loose control

thanks
This thread is retarded...not to be a a$$hole about it but, come on!!!

If you get scared, rule of thumb is your going to fast for whatever corner...

I'm not a pro driver, or an autoX guru...what your asking has to be felt...

there's no way we can tell you if the speed sign says 40 your Z can do 57 through that corner...not happening

So if you do take a spirited drive through some fimiliar roads...small steps
Old 09-14-2008, 04:44 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So i searched around and couldnt find a post to what i was looking for. I would like to know for roads that are curved a little bit how fast could you go before loosing control. I dont want to go out and test it, i am just curious so i know when i should slow down or not.( i know that sounds kinda stupid but i wanna know the max) I noticed the other thread which was "How Fast have you gone", this can be similar in a way except i was wondering about roads that are like these (dont pay attention to how the road opens up and becomes staright toward the end just imagine if the road was eactly like that in the front with alittle curve):

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_QOJx29EeSAY/SA...s/DSCN3394.JPG

just wondering what the Z can really handle also for corner too. whenever i am going a little fast i am afraid that the car might slide or drift and then i would loose control

thanks
your threads suck. Seriously how old are you? reading this, i can't wait till a future thread by you titled "wrecked my Z"
Old 09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Go do some autox's...
+1

Best way to learn how your car handles on the edge.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Z33_kid

u can go fast enough
Old 09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
gennosuke1

Originally Posted by 350z_racer05
your threads suck. Seriously how old are you? reading this, i can't wait till a future thread by you titled "wrecked my Z"

if u dont like it then move along and stop reading them, how hard is it just to stop reading and then move along unless you dont have anything else to do than bash on the internet. Judging from where you live there is prolly nothing better to do, so go ride in your gay red car...

as for u waiting to see me "wreck my z" a big FU*K You

this place is suppose to be a place to help fellow z drivers not talk $hit douchebag ahahhahaha thats a good nickname for you and your car since its red too
Old 09-14-2008, 09:25 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if u dont like it then move along and stop reading them, how hard is it just to stop reading and then move along unless you dont have anything else to do than bash on the internet. Judging from where you live there is prolly nothing better to do, so go ride in your gay red car...

as for u waiting to see me "wreck my z" a big FU*K You

this place is suppose to be a place to help fellow z drivers not talk $hit douchebag ahahhahaha thats a good nickname for you and your car since its red too

lol, your funny. Somebody must have missed his nap time today. Judging by this little rant, you must be around 16 or 17 years old? You do realize you just dissed everbody's Z on here for calling my Z gay .... including your own

oh yes, I'll be waiting for your wrecked thread

Last edited by NISMO_558; 09-14-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 AM
gennosuke1

Originally Posted by 350z_racer05

lol, your funny. Somebody must have missed his nap time today. Judging by this little rant, you must be around 16 or 17 years old? You do realize you just dissed everbody's Z on here for calling my Z gay .... including your own

oh yes, I'll be waiting for your wrecked thread

nah not really i only meant that towards you, you make the z look gay. Now hurry along and get back in your douche mobile, you prolly dont need your tampoon since you give your car a new paint job every month ahahahah

Judging from my little rant you saying that im 16 or 17 years old? Look at the comments you have made..."your face is outdone" hmm very mature. Actually if i was that young i would have loved to rub it in your face. That saying that goes "never argue with an idiot,they just bring you down and beat you at their own game" seems to be true as i can see it here....

if there was a way to block this gay ***, can anyone tell me how to block?

seriously im trying to find some information out and everytime this b*tch shows up
Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 AM
alan86

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY
Learn your limits on a track.

You don't want this to happen on any street;
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wK_6Ei5j9YY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wK_6Ei5j9YY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
looks like a base, wus this because he had no diff?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:58 AM
gennosuke1

check this out, this is kinda what i mean.. he loses control a couple times but seems to recover

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v2dDRqcZNtI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v2dDRqcZNtI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 09-15-2008, 01:00 AM
gennosuke1

he drives crazy though lol

Quick Reply: Speeding