Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear Batty (and other Z haters):

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 02:20 AM
LA-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear Batty (and other Z haters):

OK This is lame, and I shouldn't waste my time but here it goes... First off "now i own a eclipse turbo". My old 94 300ZX 2+2 beat all stock Eclipse Turbos off the line. True story.
Second: Interior Cheap? You haven't even sat in the damn car, and AGAIN you own a Eclipse! Talk about Cheap interiors, do you realise that my cuz's fully loaded New eclipse was 25K? With a 0-60 of 7.1 seconds! (the V6 too!) Anyway CAR magazine, and others had NO problems with interior being as inferior as you claim.
Third: 5.8???? FIVE.EIGHT? DUDE, get a LIFE. Car and Driver, which rated the 300ZXTT at like 0-60 5.6 (WRONG) gave it a 5.4! And other's gave it a 5.6, at worst. 5.8 is not even close, besides that these cars are brand new, in about three months they will open up even more.
Fourth: "With the STI, LANCER, RX8 all on the horizon all for under 30". Uhh. WRONG. STI & Lancer are NOT under 30, and RX8 MAY be AT 30, but will NOT be faster, are not even claiming 0-60 under 6 secs, in fact has less horse (250) and weighs as much or more.
5th: Dude, It's 244 Horse at the wheels, and that is RWHP. I wonder how you feel about the Boxter-S at 50K+? Here is a quote from their website: "By the time it reaches 6,200 rpm, there's a full 191 kW (260 bhp) at your disposal. Maximum torque of 310 Nm provides eager acceleration from 4,600 rpm. From a standing start, you reach 100 km/h (62 mph) in a breathtaking 5.7 seconds" BREATH TAKING 5.7 WOW FOR ONLY 50K+! Talk about expensive to mod too.
6th: Dude please don't bring Fords into the equation, life is not all about 0-60 or 1/4 mile time, and they are ugly (and I've owned a Camero for the last two years, love the torque/power, hate the handling HATE THE LOOKS. AND for GODS SAKE MAN, CHEAP INTERIOR, Ford has that on LOCK DOWN SON.
7th: There is not a single new car out there, NOT ONE, for 26K that is as fast, powerful, handles as well, and looks anywhere as good as the 350Z. You son, need to be schooled. Plus you are DEF. UNDER 18 years old, and I doubt you have the ability to buy ANY of the cars you just mentioned.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:24 AM
ballz

Default Re: Dear Batty (and other Z haters):

Originally posted by LA-Z
OK This is lame, and I shouldn't waste my time but here it goes... First off "now i own a eclipse turbo". My old 94 300ZX 2+2 beat all stock Eclipse Turbos off the line. True story.
Second: Interior Cheap? You haven't even sat in the damn car, and AGAIN you own a Eclipse! Talk about Cheap interiors, do you realise that my cuz's fully loaded New eclipse was 25K? With a 0-60 of 7.1 seconds! (the V6 too!) Anyway CAR magazine, and others had NO problems with interior being as inferior as you claim.
Third: 5.8???? FIVE.EIGHT? DUDE, get a LIFE. Car and Driver, which rated the 300ZXTT at like 0-60 5.6 (WRONG) gave it a 5.4! And other's gave it a 5.6, at worst. 5.8 is not even close, besides that these cars are brand new, in about three months they will open up even more.
Fourth: "With the STI, LANCER, RX8 all on the horizon all for under 30". Uhh. WRONG. STI & Lancer are NOT under 30, and RX8 MAY be AT 30, but will NOT be faster, are not even claiming 0-60 under 6 secs, in fact has less horse (250) and weighs as much or more.
5th: Dude, It's 244 Horse at the wheels, and that is RWHP. I wonder how you feel about the Boxter-S at 50K+? Here is a quote from their website: "By the time it reaches 6,200 rpm, there's a full 191 kW (260 bhp) at your disposal. Maximum torque of 310 Nm provides eager acceleration from 4,600 rpm. From a standing start, you reach 100 km/h (62 mph) in a breathtaking 5.7 seconds" BREATH TAKING 5.7 WOW FOR ONLY 50K+! Talk about expensive to mod too.
6th: Dude please don't bring Fords into the equation, life is not all about 0-60 or 1/4 mile time, and they are ugly (and I've owned a Camero for the last two years, love the torque/power, hate the handling HATE THE LOOKS. AND for GODS SAKE MAN, CHEAP INTERIOR, Ford has that on LOCK DOWN SON.
7th: There is not a single new car out there, NOT ONE, for 26K that is as fast, powerful, handles as well, and looks anywhere as good as the 350Z. You son, need to be schooled. Plus you are DEF. UNDER 18 years old, and I doubt you have the ability to buy ANY of the cars you just mentioned.
U tellem LA-Z...... This guy is whacked out. Hey what are the chances of getting some of that crazy **** u be smokin.....
Old 08-22-2002, 02:27 AM
LA-Z

LMFAO!!!! I just reread my post...and then your comment. The s**t I Be smoking goes for about $20 a gram, knock Snoop Dog on his ***, for real (Amsterdam ain't got nothing on South Cali Chronic.)
Old 08-22-2002, 02:31 AM
NissaNZ

Good point LA-Z, seems like you know what's going on uinlike some of these noobs and trolls wondering this site as we speak. Let me also say that please don't put the Z (or any Nissan as a matter of fact) in the same sentence as mistubishi (AKA kia of Japan) since they see the mechanics shop more than they see the light of day. Ohh yeah and they're also butt ugly.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:41 AM
ballz

Originally posted by LA-Z
LMFAO!!!! I just reread my post...and then your comment. The s**t I Be smoking goes for about $20 a gram, knock Snoop Dog on his ***, for real (Amsterdam ain't got nothing on South Cali Chronic.)
I'm behind 100% on the Z, but when it comes to the Chron, u aint got nuttin on BC BABY........... Snoop and the boyz bought summer homes out here just to get herb....
Old 08-22-2002, 02:49 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not defending the troll whatsoever, but I will say the following:

WRXs and the EVOs are cheaper, are AWD, and come with a stock turbo (and closed deck)... they can handle a lot of boost, and are wicked fast. Turbo Eclipses are the same way... with little modifications, they will eat your 350Z at the strip, but I don't know about the track.

I've driven two AWD cars at Summit Point... one my old Audi TQC, the other was a WRX... I definitely pulled better times with the WRX since I had a few more years of experience behind the wheel, but regardless, both cars are a blast to drive (AWD at the track ownz!).

Anyways, I'm not a Z dissident... but I just wanted to lay down what the WRX and EVO are capable of... they will be serious competition for our Z's lap times...

John, who knows people who run mid-12s on WRXs and GSXs, do pretty well at the track, and their mods were very spartan (relatively speaking)...
Old 08-22-2002, 03:25 AM
LA-Z

WRX's are cheaper, my brother just bought a brand new one, and they kick ***, are faster and prob. handle as well or even slightly better, no doubt. But, please don't take this the wrong way, THEY ARE UGLY, inside and out *shudder*. Some people buy cars for the look and exclusivity, not just speed (SL Converts and SC430's are both not that quick) and the Z takes the best of all worlds and in an amazing package. I just don't get what people expect for a car base $26K as far as interior quality. I've been in Boxter's numerous times, and was never impressed with the interior. Anyway it's def. about speed, handleing AND LOOKS.
Old 08-22-2002, 04:03 AM
zPilott

The WRX starts at 2k less than the Z, but it is real easy to get it up to 30k (17" wheels, suspension, performance muffler). Fully loaded they get up over 35k (I don't think carbon fiber "patterened" trim should be considered a performance option). So the price range is pretty close. I can't say how people are outfitting them, so maybe the average selling price is lower, but there are certainly people out there who have/will pay more than what 350z owners will/have paid.

Price is probably the biggest thing that turned me off about the WRX (okay, so it is ugly, and I don't know how comfortable I would be in one). With the options that I was looking at getting, it was just too much. Of course, with the Z, I probably won't be truning it into a dedicated rally car 5 years down the road, oh well.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:18 AM
zane11

Z vs. WRX in speed hand down it definitly goes to the Z. Both cars are great too by the way but I'm a Z fan