Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Calling out Denic79

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

why don't you go back to his house and ask for your money back, rather then belittle him online?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 AM
HATED1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it was your mistake for not checking it out in good light, or at least bringing a bright LED type flashlight. You did look at it, feel it, touch it, etc before purchasing.
I don't think he was trying to rip you off because he did bring you to his place of residence and even helped you load it in your SUV. You should have asked more questions, maybe even see it fitted on his z before making a final decision. Calling him out the internet isn't very good business practice especially if you haven't discussed the situation with the seller. Honestly though, you did see it before hand and were able to inspect it, remember that when it comes time to talk to him.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:25 AM
MikeyG

Originally Posted by Entaille
why don't you go back to his house and ask for your money back, rather then belittle him online?
I have been trying for 10 days to work out a solution in pm with him. That didn't work. I have a feeling if I show up at his house the cops will end up having to get involved and I really don't want that. If it was over a more substantial amount, then definately.
Originally Posted by HATED1
I think it was your mistake for not checking it out in good light, or at least bringing a bright LED type flashlight. You did look at it, feel it, touch it, etc before purchasing.
I don't think he was trying to rip you off because he did bring you to his place of residence and even helped you load it in your SUV. You should have asked more questions, maybe even see it fitted on his z before making a final decision. Calling him out the internet isn't very good business practice especially if you haven't discussed the situation with the seller. Honestly though, you did see it before hand and were able to inspect it, remember that when it comes time to talk to him.
His solution was to have it fixed at a local shop, Underground Paint Works. I spoke with someone there and they said they would not be able to get the imperfections out. After I relayed that to the OP he will not respond to any more PM's to offer any other ideas on how to get it fixed. I tried real hard to get a resolution to this by either returning it or fixing it for a week and a half before posting a thread in the general forum.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Entaille

you can't go to someones house and calmly hold a conversation with them about a refund? chances are if he invited you to his personal residence he has no intentions in stiffing you.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
MikeyG

you can't go to someones house and calmly hold a conversation with them about a refund? chances are if he invited you to his personal residence he has no intentions in stiffing you.
I was basing that on our conversations thus far. He is on one extreme and I am on the other. His stance is he sold a product, I picked it up it is mine. Mine is he knowingly sold a damaged product that can not be fixed, he should take it back. I could understand his point if it could be repaired. I really don't think discussing face to face will change that or get us anywhere.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
HATED1

i feel for you man, sucks about what looks to be a good deal ending up to be bad. sorry for your loss.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Entaille

I feel for you too, hated, you'll understand once you open up that bunk *** K&N filter I sent you. Don't you dare come after me for your 32 dollars!!

hahah.

.. kidding.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 PM
raulzito

Your not solving anything on this Forum by calling him out. Paint it, make the best out of a worst situation. But you have to realize, that it is partially your fault, you looked at it, inspected it, and still bought it! I could understand if you were complaining about a car, where you have to drive it around a couple of days to evaluate accurately.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
J. Dub

IBTL
Old 10-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you guys should Pokemon battle over it.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Greddytwin350Z

Originally Posted by MikeyG
Actually in one of his old posts he complains about how poor the fit is on one side compared to the other, then he told me that the gaps and seems fit good. It is his opinions that conflict depending on what he is trying to do, get a new hood from the manufacturer or sell it to someone else.
I totally agree with you Mike! Be honest about what your are selling! If it happened to me and I knew where the liar lived I would bust every window I could see! But its ok, I would do it at night! Everything must be legal at night! In this case 2 wrongs wouldnt make it write but it would atleast make me feel better!
Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 PM
HATED1

Default .

I feel for you too, hated, you'll understand once you open up that bunk *** K&N filter I sent you. Don't you dare come after me for your 32 dollars!!

hahah.

.. kidding.
got the package today... WTF? a box of tampons? hehe j/k thanks!

I second the notion to paint it!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
MikeyG

Originally Posted by HATED1

I second the notion to paint it!!!
Unfortunately it's an OEM style hood, so painting it would give me basically what I already have and I didn't buy a Seibon hood for weight savings
Old 10-01-2008, 04:46 PM
raulzito

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
I think you guys should Pokemon battle over it.
Suck My UNIT!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this like the second or third thread from you about this same hood now?