Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all Friends of AudioPat

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 04:04 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Got another update from Susie this morning. Pat is still in ICU which isn't out of the ordinary for this surgery in my experience. He is doing OK but the recovery is slow going. No major setbacks or anything like that. Just slow but sure. I'll keep everyone posted.
Thanks for the update.

Victor
Old 08-17-2003, 04:12 PM
gaseous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best wishes to Pat and Susie.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:49 PM
XxKP89xX

Best Wishes Pat.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:24 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Got another update on Pat. He had to go back into surgery Sunday to remove a small collection of fluid behind the heart. That sounds a lot scarier than it really is. That surgery went well but he is still in ICU. Susie said that he might be able to go to a regular room Wednesday 8-20.

He seems to be in good spirits because when Susie told him I got the Procharger, he called me a Bastard! Sounds like he is getting better! He even said that his doc told him that he too has a Procharger but it is in his heart. I asked Susie to ask him how many RVHP (that's right ventricle horse power) that thing puts out and if his doc gave him a free dyno pull to test it!

I'll keep you posted as I get more info.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:43 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Got another update on Pat. He had to go back into surgery Sunday to remove a small collection of fluid behind the heart. That sounds a lot scarier than it really is. That surgery went well but he is still in ICU. Susie said that he might be able to go to a regular room Wednesday 8-20.

He seems to be in good spirits because when Susie told him I got the Procharger, he called me a Bastard! Sounds like he is getting better! He even said that his doc told him that he too has a Procharger but it is in his heart. I asked Susie to ask him how many RVHP (that's right ventricle horse power) that thing puts out and if his doc gave him a free dyno pull to test it!

I'll keep you posted as I get more info.
hehehehehe, good to see that he is in good spirits.

send out my regards.

Victor
Old 08-19-2003, 07:58 AM
all_bark

good luck on the recovery Pat!

I'm sure Jay misses you also and that whomever your replacement is there doing HALF THE JOB you do!

Here's to getting back on your feet in no time.

(and thanks for the info, doc)
Old 08-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Mr B

Good news about the surgery and that he might be in a regular room soon! Take care Pat and hope to see you soon.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:04 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Good to hear he's in such good spirits. Thanks for all the updates, Bonz.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:36 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wishing you a quick recovery Pat. My Dad had tripple bypass when he was 39 years old. He is now 55 and is in better shape then he has ever been in. Best of luck with your recovery.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Jill

Awwww, good to hear he is doing well! We miss you Pat!!!!
Old 08-23-2003, 06:42 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Thank you all so very much for the warm wishes...I am finally home after two weeks of hell....very tired...will write more tomorrow
Old 08-23-2003, 06:43 PM
SizongZ

Best wishes Pat and Susie. And speedy recovery
Old 08-23-2003, 07:48 PM
r34 racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Good luck pat and susie! Its great to hear that everything is going well!
Old 08-25-2003, 02:15 PM
iris

I found out about Pat's heart surgery REALLY late - only when OC350 told me. I'm so glad to hear that he is having a normal recovery and seems feisty. He is a great guy - he got me and my hubby onto the Tonight Show early this year, where we saw Pam Anderson, despite only having met me at one meet before.

Best wishes.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:05 PM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by AudioPat
Thank you all so very much for the warm wishes...I am finally home after two weeks of hell....very tired...will write more tomorrow
AWESOME!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 06:27 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

SHIFT_BYPASS

Well, first of all I want to thank all that sent along well wishes during my hospital stay. Susie printed and brought me many posts and it really was the only thing at times that kept my sprirts up. It was a very fast paced two weeks with events moving from one to another almost in a blur.

I had been experiencing slight chest pain and shortness of breath while exercising so I made an appointment with my Cardiologist for Monday Aug 11. I had an echo cardio stress test and flunked...and yes I did ask for a makeover exam but they refused They admitted me to Kaiser Woodland HIlls on Tues 8-12 and took me by ambulance to Kasiser Sunset in Hollywood where they do all their cardiology work. I had an angiogram that afternoon and was told that yes indeed I had blocks that had to be fixed immediately. The damage was extensive so an angioplasty was out of the question. I was hoping if they found anything it would be a quick fix...not!!!

On Wednesday night the surgeon came in and told us that I needed a Quad Bypass and that it would be done the next morning. Thursday morning the 4 hr surgery was performed and by Thursday night all looked well. Unfortunately, by Saturday morning my numbers were still not normal and the surgeon was concerned. They decided to open me up again

When I awoke from the second surgery on my 55th birthday on Monday 8-18 I thanked the surgeon for the best Birthday gift he could have given me...my wife was by my side and I was still alive! What they found was a series of blood clots and excess fluid surrounding my heart. Thank God he knew what he was doing.

A final note...because of the way they had to cut me up for the spare parts..my days as a male model are sadly over...I know I know..try to control yourself ladies...just try to remember me the way I was...old and overweight

One last thought...a huge thanks to Doc Bonz for not only keeping you informed but also for translating to layman's terms for Susie..it helped to ease her mind..I'm sure this was an unbearable ordeal for her too and all through it she was my strength.

See you all on the road
Old 08-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Once again, it's GREAT to have you back Pat! I can't wait to get out to the left coast and take a first hand look at those scars. And remember how much I like to take pics and videos of eveything I encounter..........(note to self.......next thread title, the Dr Bonz bypass boys of so-cal experience!)
Old 08-25-2003, 09:06 PM
fdao

Welcome back Pat. Good to hear that you're doing well.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Cazzz Z

Default Welcome back.

And a hope for a speedt recovery frwm a fellow So. Californian.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Mr B

I'm glad everything went well Pat. Hope to meet you at a meet soon!

Quick Reply: To all Friends of AudioPat