Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Reaction to Keyer's

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Ryde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, if you caught him while doing something to your car...if you just walk up to him and knock him out, that'd be a different story.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
gooters

I believe in California that you have the right to use force upon another if you feel damages are occuring that would be unrecoverable...you should check on that.

I'm sorry..as an apartment dweller, this is my worst nightmare...I would just splurge for a covered garage if it is available to you.

Also, a video is an okay idea. A rational conversation isn't...seriously, do you expect this guy to say "oh yeah, now that you mention it...taping garbage to your car probably isn't that mature?!"

I think if you catch him doing something dumb like fingerprinting or taping garbage to him...you should pin him to the ground and just scare him.

I am being serious when I say if you catch him keying your car that you should beat the $**t out of him. If it progresses to that level unprovoked...sure he might elevate after getting beat, BUT he will also likely just leave you alone!! I hope you are a pretty big fella...let us know what ends up happening, good luck!
Old 08-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Vicarious

nah...not a big guy..about 5' 8 and 160...but im a second degree black belt
Old 08-24-2003, 05:33 PM
rouxeny

I must agree that this guy doesn't seem like somebody that would be receptive to any kind of calm, mature, civil discussion.

Video sounds like a good idea.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:51 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by marhot
I agree with bshockley, as usual, "...keep it all legal and mature..." And trying to get him on video is a good ideal. You can use it when he goes to court. Document everything that’s happen.

As bad as it is, don't make it worse by doing something stupid you’ll later regret. You can’t drive your Z when you’re sitting in jail.

This might sound a little lame, but since has happen more than once, I’d call the cops and tell them everything. Tell the cops to run patrols thru your parking lot at night, that’s what your taxes are paying for. Let him be going to court, because if you take matters into your own hand you’ll be the one in jail.

Also tell the apartment management.

Peace.
Check the laws in your area about video surveillance. Many states (like IL) will not allow you to legally tape anyone without warning them. The law can actually get you in trouble, so check on it.

I agree with the call the cops deal. At least file a complaint/report so its on record for next time. That way, if you catch the guy in the act, there's a paper trail.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:46 AM
junglist350Z

it'd be almost worth him doing it just to catch him in the act.....

hahaha, pulp fiction is the best!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:52 AM
buzzdsm

I don't care what anyone says I might not do anything right that second but I would find out who they are and make their life hell.

As a side note if someone ends up door dinging me and I see it I would do at least twice the damage back to their car. Then I would leave them a note explaining that I took justice into my own hands.

If I took my door and rammed it into some kid the parents would probably get kind of angry. I feel the same way with my car. I probably pay more attention to my car then most people do with their kids.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Subbacultcha

get a car cover & cable lock.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:44 PM
cincyspider

Originally posted by bshockley
I would say, watch your car and if you see someone, talk to them calmly, explain that you don't like trash on your car, etc. Assuming they are somewhat mature, they will understand and realize you know what they are doing.

LOL! They are taping trash to your car and you can "assume" they are somewhat mature?? That's a good one!! HA HA HA HA!

Thanks for the laugh!

If I discovered someone screwing with my car, I'd take a 2x4 to them.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:46 PM
cincyspider

There is NO law in ANY state that would prevent you from videotaping your own car, parked legally in it's assigned space.

Get real.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:53 PM
exzeltus

ask him to step away from the car. Then follow his *** home. If he ****s w/ your car, you know exactly where to find him.