Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Reaction to Keyer's

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 02:43 AM
Vicarious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reaction to Keyer's

Well, the last few days, i have had somebody harassing my car.
The first incident was a big face smear on my driver side window. The nose was so oily it and you could tell it was deliberately planted onto the window along with his eyebrows.

The second incident was a bunch of hand smeared like crazy on the windshield

The third incident..which happened tonight was a piece of trash taped onto the window. It was a torn/wrinkled piece of paper that advertised for a room. It wasnt put there to advertise, cuz it was all dirty and trashy.

Anyway, i was thinking about this for a second. What i would possibly do, if i SAW someone doing damage to my car or just doing stupid stuff like the last few incidents. Should i go up to him and threaten him? beat him? also, these are assigned parking spots for my apt. and he knows where i park...so if i threaten him, he could come back and destroy it. But just in general, if i were to witness someone doing something to my car, how would i get him to pay for it....cuz theres no evidence of him keying it if i report it legally or what not. threaten to kill? idunno..whats your guys' opinion
Old 08-16-2003, 03:55 AM
SteveZzz

Does your apt. have security. If so, ask them to watch your spot.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:43 AM
spinninbackfist

Time to sit outside hiding in the shadows with a paintball gun,....lol Oh and Freeze the painballs first. lol
Old 08-16-2003, 05:11 AM
KONVERTER

gun...
Old 08-16-2003, 08:07 AM
bshockley

I would have to disagree with everything that's been posted so far. I think the worst thing you can do is threaten, or beat up, or whatever that person. That would just start a feud war, not something you want. Sure, you pelt them with a paint ball. Then the next night they bust out your car windows. etc...

I would say, watch your car and if you see someone, talk to them calmly, explain that you don't like trash on your car, etc. Assuming they are somewhat mature, they will understand and realize you know what they are doing. If it doesn't stop, then get them on video (if you don't have one buy one from Wal-Mart then return it later, Wal-Mart will take just about anything back.)
Tell them you have them on video and if they don't stop you'll have to take this further.

You get where I am going, keep it all legal and mature. While shooting them with a paintball would be satisfying, I am willing to bet they won't just leave it at that and you'll end up with worth things than face and hand prints.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:03 AM
SlamMan

Shoot him with a real gun. Then you won't have to worry about getting your windows smashed later.

JK, the last guys response seems decent.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:59 AM
marhot

I agree with bshockley, as usual, "...keep it all legal and mature..." And trying to get him on video is a good ideal. You can use it when he goes to court. Document everything that’s happen.

As bad as it is, don't make it worse by doing something stupid you’ll later regret. You can’t drive your Z when you’re sitting in jail.

This might sound a little lame, but since has happen more than once, I’d call the cops and tell them everything. Tell the cops to run patrols thru your parking lot at night, that’s what your taxes are paying for. Let him be going to court, because if you take matters into your own hand you’ll be the one in jail.

Also tell the apartment management.

Peace.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Vicarious

well, say u just walk to your car and at that moment, u see the guy keying it or somethin. what would u do then, if u have no video camera taping him do the act. id need a lot to hold me back to keep from punching him.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:16 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Tell all your neighbors what's going on and to watch out for the guy. That way, they'll appreciate the info., they'll help out, AND best of all, the guy who's doing it will probably find out and be afraid to do anything ever again!
Old 08-16-2003, 03:38 PM
perucho

What I would do is just invite him over for some tea and cookies. Of course his cup of tea will have some cionide
Old 08-23-2003, 01:32 PM
nigevellie

kill him.

then invite him over for cyanide tea.

then shoot him with the frozen paintball.

then shoot him with the real gun.

then talk to him real calmly in a civil and mature manner.

do this in any order that you like.

hehehehehe........
Old 08-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Phatmitzu

Hey, where in Arcadia are you located it?
Old 08-23-2003, 05:48 PM
ttheisen93

What's been done is so trivial, it sounds more like a joke one of your friends is playing on you than someone who's really trying to be malicious.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Vicarious

well right now i dont know anybody at the apartment complex, so it cant be somebody =\
Old 08-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Vicarious

umm...i live on duarte..i havent lived in arcadia very long...just moved recently
Old 08-24-2003, 01:07 AM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default get some fingerprints

bshockley made a good post...

also.... if he smears his face, and tapes stuff on your car, then possibly he is touching his hands on your car too.

this is a bit extreme, so im not sure if you want to do this, but whenever you park your car for the night, then wipe the car down. so that there wont be any old fingerprints on your car. so if you do notice something the next day to your car, then call the cops and have them dust the car for prints. the only prints that would be on your car is that of the guy who is messing with it.

would also be a good way of keeping your car clean.

umm.... that is as far as i got with this idea....

must lie down.... brain is overheating......
Old 08-24-2003, 02:20 AM
ttheisen93

The cops aren't going to dust for prints if there's no monetary damage. Some greasy prints on the windows and something taped to them fall more in the realm of rudeness than criminality.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:53 AM
fatmanoz

Many, many years ago, I met a girl who had an ex who wouldn't move on. He kept harassing her.

He must have seen my car and I'm convinced followed me and keyed a big X on my driver's side door. About 2 weeks later in the same parking lot, my car was keyed with two long lines from the front to the rear on the driver's side.

Of course I had no proof it was him, but I was sure. I found him in his local shopping centre and CALMLY (not) let him know how I felt.

Anyway got the car resprayed, got the girl and the ex decided to finally move on. Funnily enough, my car never got keyed again.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Ryde

Originally posted by Vicarious
well, say u just walk to your car and at that moment, u see the guy keying it or somethin. what would u do then, if u have no video camera taping him do the act. id need a lot to hold me back to keep from punching him.
Talking to a good friend of mine who's a State Policeman here in NY...when situations like that arise and you do catch him redhanded...and do...take actions into your own hands by knocking him out or something. You won't exactly goto jail...most officers will claim it was street justice (as my friend put it). But ofcourse that could lead to retaliation and actually more damage done to your Z if your not around to stop it. Killing the person, on the other hand...bit excessive and yeah, you would goto jail for that.

I got talkin to him about it cause one night after work, I walked out to my car (was working overnight shift) and someone had so nicely put their foot in the rear quarter panel of my Daily driver (Buick regal). Some people are such asses.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Vicarious

so if i actually punch him, nothing would happen? the cop would just shrug it off as street justice?

Quick Reply: Reaction to Keyer's