Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Advice on buying a 2005 Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
dodi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on buying a 2005 Roadster

I live in Vancouver, B.C. ( Canada ) and test drove a 2005 350z Roadster. The car was originally an American model . The dealership then sold it to a customer who just traded it in at an Acura dealer . I am assuming i am the second Canadian owner if I purchase the car. The car has 30,000 miles or about 50,000kms. It is a black convertible in excellent shape. I test drove the car and from what i could tell it rides pretty much like a newer car would. It is an automatic...I would probably prefer a 6 speed but with traffic in the city and wife and kids who all drive an auto would be a better choice. I'm not sure if you can comment on the Cdn pricing but I can purchase the car for $24,500. I'm not sure about the model designation.....but the seats are cloth. I did a quick check at the bookstore and was a bit surprised to read that Consumer Reports and Edmundson's Lemon-Aid books did not give it favorable reviews. I love the look of the car and the ride. If anyone out there can give me some advice about purchasing the car, or anything I should be aware of regarding the 2005 automatics it would be appreciated. Also one of the dials on the upper dash was displaying the speed in miles per hour ....can that be changed to kms . temperature was in farenheit, can that also be changed to celsius Thanks for any input.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

i dont think they could be changed between KM/H and MPH and F/C. but then again anything is possible with computers, its just how much you want to spend. but dont count on it.
wish i could answer your other questions. i love my Z and you cant lose when it comes to the driving experience and dependability (at least in my case, 171,000 miles on an 03)
Old 11-12-2008, 04:10 AM
Greg06

Originally Posted by dodi
I live in Vancouver, B.C. ( Canada ) and test drove a 2005 350z Roadster. The car was originally an American model . The dealership then sold it to a customer who just traded it in at an Acura dealer . I am assuming i am the second Canadian owner if I purchase the car. The car has 30,000 miles or about 50,000kms. It is a black convertible in excellent shape. I test drove the car and from what i could tell it rides pretty much like a newer car would. It is an automatic...I would probably prefer a 6 speed but with traffic in the city and wife and kids who all drive an auto would be a better choice. I'm not sure if you can comment on the Cdn pricing but I can purchase the car for $24,500. I'm not sure about the model designation.....but the seats are cloth. I did a quick check at the bookstore and was a bit surprised to read that Consumer Reports and Edmundson's Lemon-Aid books did not give it favorable reviews. I love the look of the car and the ride. If anyone out there can give me some advice about purchasing the car, or anything I should be aware of regarding the 2005 automatics it would be appreciated. Also one of the dials on the upper dash was displaying the speed in miles per hour ....can that be changed to kms . temperature was in farenheit, can that also be changed to celsius Thanks for any input.
Im pretty sure it's able to display both measures.. Check your owners manual or download one here if you don't have one.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/owners-manuals.php
Old 11-12-2008, 05:02 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wrong forum.