Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hit And Run Victim!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 06:34 PM
ADOOZIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hit And Run Victim!

Got rear-ended on the way home from work today. The bastard signaled me over to the side of the road after he hit me and then took off!

Tried to catch him while I was on the cell phone with the 911 operator. But they ordered me to abandon the pursuit and to return to the scene of the accident to meet up with the cop that they dispatched to the accident. Of course the cops have yet to catch the guy.

I've been left with a very sore neck and a tore up Z. It's a good thing they called me off from chasing that jerk because I would have beat the crap out of him after I caught him. The cop that took the report said if I did catch him, and he was the cop to roll to the scene, he would not have stopped me from kicking his *** becuase he is so damn tired of people doing this!

The sad part of this besides being hurt and left with a wrecked Z is that the cop told me that he personally fills out 4-5 hit-and-run police reports per week. What happened to our society? When did it become okay to not be responsible for your actions? I'm only thirty years old and would never dream of leaving the scene of an accident that I caused. This young guy that hit me obviously does not have the same values. As far as he is conserned he is free and clear becuase he did not get caught

For his sake I hope I never see him again.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Conceyted

get his plates?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:43 PM
ADOOZIE

Nope. Never got close enough. And no one that witnessed the accident reported it.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:54 PM
myinfinitig20

what type of car was it?
Old 08-19-2003, 07:11 PM
Conceyted

myinfin.... have any pics of your car... have the same setup on the z I plan on doing, as well as many others. the JDM markers on a black should look great.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:38 PM
ADOOZIE

It was a POS Nissan Hardbody pickup.

Atleast it was a nissan.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:06 PM
350zroadster

and you couldn't catch up to it?

well atleast you can file insurance and get it repaired. Wouldn't it have sucked if you were in NJ and got hit by an uninsured driver and have to fight in court? (atleast that's my understanding of NJ insurance situation, I never lived there)
Old 08-19-2003, 08:10 PM
350G

Let's see . . . odds are he was in a sub $8K pickup (assuming its moderately used) and he plowed into a 350Z worth quadruple . . . yup, no brainer. The dude was probably some cronie on a construction crew full of potheads and alcoholics (I should know, I sell paint to these guys) who just got high during his lunch break and couldn't pass field sobriety if there was a pound of weed counting on him. Don't worry--carma is a b!tch.

Sorry to hear that . . .
Old 08-19-2003, 08:48 PM
longbowe

Unhappy Holy Hazards!

That's a dreadful thing to happen!

My guess is that it happened in the South Bay, though. South Bay drivers are the worst.

My condolences, and good to hear that our law enforcement can empathize.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:14 PM
ADOOZIE

350ZRoadster:

Nope, from the beginning he had no intentions of actually pulling off the road. I turned on the side street and he went straight. By the time I made it back to the street where he hit me he had already made it through the light at the next intersection and I got stuck at that light.

As soon as I saw him take off I was on the phone to 911. The dispather forced me to go back to the scene to meet the officer. As it was, I went a number of blocks before I did as she said.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:03 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Sorry to hear ADOOZIE...

BTW, where in the BA was this?

Hopefully one of us Z forum members from the bay will see a smashed Nissan truck with blue paint on it somewhere...
Old 08-20-2003, 04:31 AM
MSCHOEN2U

Default Hit and Run

Where I live, hit and run is a sport. The police will not do anything unless they see it happen, and if by chance there is an officer of the law at the scene, he will have his head conveniently turned the other way. What are the odds?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:20 AM
DaddyKool

I say you chase him down, beat him up, then call police
Old 08-20-2003, 05:31 AM
jleighZ

AW, that sucks, hope you and the Z feel better My cousin had that happen a few years back in his 5.0. He got t-boned at an intersection, with about 50 witnesses around and the person who hit him took off. I can't believe people are that stupid.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:12 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man i'm really sorry to hear that

i hope you find the **** and give him a beating of a lifetime.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:05 PM
LEX

If you have the time, my bet is that he takes that same route often, and you can wait at that spot, until you see him.

Follow him home. Get his address, or work location. Get his plates.

Beat his ***. Then call the fuzz and tell them you found your hit and run driver.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:46 PM
OC_350Z

Same thing happened to my GF on last Sat. The guy tried to run but she followed him. He finally pulled over, gave info but then fled the scene again. Meanwhile she was on hold with 911 for over 30 minutes!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 05:02 PM
ADOOZIE

Yobri:
It was in Livermore on First St.

DaddyKool:
That was the plan, that is what I was doing but the dispatcher became adamant about me returning to the scene.

HOEN2U:
The odds... well that is why I want to find this bastard and press charges against him. Teach one a lesson.

jleighZ:
I wish I had better news but unfortunately it gets worse. I'm in more pain then yesterday and the insurance company kindly informed me that I will have to pay my $500 dollar deductible. Not only did I get hit from behind now I'm forced to take it in the rear.

LEX:
You and I think alike and that is what I did today. I did see a black nissan pickup was unable to catch it. This city has more frickin signals!!! I'll be back tomorrow. I have a few friends who have offered to sit on parallel streets and wait for this jerk. I'm also calling in some favors with the PD. I want this dude to pay.

OC_350Z:
It happens way to often. The system really needs to crack down on those that do it. the cops would rather hassle the homeless and give parking tickets then go after those that committ felonies. Which it is.

Last edited by ADOOZIE; 08-20-2003 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:35 PM
LEX

ADOOZIE

Grab a video camera as well. Get in close on that license plate.

Also, if you have a friend or two that can be up ahead, you can phone them if you miss a light.

Hope you get the f***er. Won't this be considered a felony?

Not sure of the laws in your state.

Be sure to have yourself checked out by a doctor, even if you feel fine. Minor accidents can cause years of cronic pain, depending on how hard you were hit.

A woman backed into my passenger door 3 weeks after I got mine, while I was parked, still in the car.
She tried to deny she hit me, saying that "how do I know the damage to your car wasn't already there," and "there is now damage to my car".
I was on the phone immediately to my insurance company filing her LP# before she would even give me her info.
Had the car in the shop in 36 hours.

Let me know what happens.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:31 PM
ADOOZIE

Lex:
Thanks for the advice. No luck today with catching this bastard. I'm headed to the doctors tomorrow as the pain is just not going away. Sorry to hear about your car. It's so upsetting that there are so many lousy irresponsible drivers out there. I do have one lead that I'm going to pursue tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Hit And Run Victim!