Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

people with shop manuals or anyone good at car electrical systems

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:42 PM
Horizon1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default people with shop manuals or anyone good at car electrical systems

I accidentally stripped a red wire in the wiring harness in the door tryin to pull my speaker wires through that i believe triggers my power windows...hence the inability to put up my window right now.

What i was hoping to find out is....is there one gigantic wiring harness that i need to buy for the door or is there multi pieces, to me, it looks like its several pieces. So...if you guys have the shop manual, can someone check for me? ( this is the piece that starts at the door and goes down to the speaker area.

2ndly...my question is..can i maybe just try to cut that wire out and try to solder a piece of wire in? argh..the space in there is almost impossible...and that rubber housing doesnt make it any easier

3rd...can i pull my window up somehow manually and make it stay there in the mean time..? =(

argh, this sucks, my stereo install has gone to shi*

mike

any help or suggestions are welcome.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:53 AM
ajk4

its an encoder power wire (FSM page GW-24). youll have to soder the wire back together (or use a splicing method), and there is no way to manually roll the window back up or down.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:11 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Splice it! If you need slack the door harness plugs into the side of the door jam. It has a lever (like a CPU seat if you know what I mean) that you release the plug with. It may require that you have the door closed half way to free it all the way. You may have to cut the tape (or loom) with a razor to make enough slack for the splice. Once it is free you should be able to pull it (as a group of wires) to make slack.

It is not too difficult if you know what you are doing. I wish I could explain it better but you may see it and you may not. If you wanna call me let me know in a PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:47 PM
Horizon1

Thanks for the suggestions, i was just wondering if anyone can confirm for me that the RED wire in the lower half of the harness (the bunched up wires coming in from the door jam) is the trigger for the window..because if it isnt, i might have a short somewhere else. =( I know there's more than one red wire in the harness, but if someone that has the service manual can look up what color the power windows are, that would help a lot.

Thanks for the suggestions, i am definitely going to have to cut the rubber loom i think...just hesistant since it'll be a lot less water resistant. =(

the harness is 115 bucks too...argh, too much for what seems like a small problem.

VandyZ - i might just take up on your offer to PM for more questions, as of now, i 'll try to get to the wire through the rubber loom and solder a new piece of wire on. Thanks.

Mike
Old 08-20-2003, 05:39 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far I have found the following Red wires associated with door functions are the:

Battery power to BCM

Key Cycle lock switch wire between the power window main switch and door key cylinder switch

Encoder Power wire between power window sub-switch and passenger side window regulator

I can send you the zip file of that part of the manual if you want. It may or may not be helpful. Let me remind you that there have been several people whose drivers power window stopped working for other reasons.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:46 PM
zcar03

My right window doesnt work either. Can you email me what you have so I know what wires do what in the clip. Im going to rewire the clip. Thanks email is crazkustoms@yahoo.com