Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dfresh713
No car competes with the Z unless you have enough money for a Lambo IMO

couldn't have said it better myself
Old 12-16-2008, 02:48 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Where have all these people come from lmao? I love my Z but its not the best car ever made lol.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 PM
tanabe350z

Originally Posted by JCSVT
Very arguable.
brand new? i may be wrong it is my opinion though and up for discussion if anyone would like to go with it
Old 12-18-2008, 02:48 PM
oo7arkman

Originally Posted by dfresh713
No car competes with the Z unless you have enough money for a Lambo IMO

Wow... You are an idiot. Must be a honda civic to 350z convert... and I have a lil '93 mazda that would like to disagree with your statement. Infact it is laughing at the sheer ignorance in what you just said...

Anyways to the OP, I have always wondered about the ms3's. They appear to be pretty solid little cars. To combat the tunability why do you not just go with a standalone ecu? Don't get me wrong, I like my Z but that would be a lot cheaper and once you throw on a different turbo and some exhuast that little ms3 would really move. But if you are after a trackable (autoX or time attack) then the Z is a better choice.

Do some reading in this forum, there are good bits of info on model/year differences. If you are looking into FI 400whp seems to be a good aim unless you would like to get into the motor and do a more complex build. I am not saying more cannot be had on stock internals, but it is not really a good idea if you are looking for any sort of engine longevity. If you don't go FI, do lots of research before just bolting things on. It seems that if done correctly you can gain a few hp, but the potential for loss of hp over stock is also there due to already good design. Anyways, good luck with you future decision.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:48 AM
RedLine 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the MS3. I wanted one, but didn't have one where I live in a 600 mile radius of the model with HIDs. I would stick with it if I was in your situation. Don't get me wrong. I love me Z, but there are times that I wish I had the space of normal compact cars have. I'm sure gas mileage is much better. 24-27 MPG? The highest I've seen with mine is 17-22 MPG. The interior is also much pleasing to the eyes. Test drive a loaner for the weekend and then make a decision on it. If you do decided to get a Z, then I would like to congrat you in your new Z.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:14 AM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by TRYNALIVEPRO
holy cluster**** of responses!!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:30 AM
3-fifty-WeEe
Banned

cool = Z
grocery go getter = Mazda3
Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 AM
whitecel

OP....there are a few questions you need to ask yourself.

1. Is this your only car?
2. Do you have kids or multiple friends you have to give a ride too?
3. Do you change your mind about cars frequently?

If yes, then don't get it. IMO I thought a 2 seater would be great since I only have my gf and the dog. Now I'm looking into getting a 4 door (audi a4, tsx, tl, is250) instead. I can't carry any big items in the z. Can't even fit a box in the trunk. On top of that, it seems that the depreciation on the z is so quick that I'm having a hard time trying to get rid of my z. Only want 18,000 for my 06 enthus. w/ 13k miles on it
Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 AM
VQpoweredZ

I feel having 2 seats is a plus because you won't have to drive everyone around like having a 4 seater. On long trips with the family you won't be putting more unwanted miles on the Z.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:00 AM
1sick

it has been a fairly solid car.. other then the k04 turbo seals going bad. as for big turbo and stand alone... zoom zoom boom boom. most cars can slap on an ap or any other tuner and expect anywhere from 20-50 whp. na get like 10 from it on a ms3 lol... but i mean bolt ons bring on some power.. one aspect i hate is it does not turn heads. sorry i crave attention lol
Old 12-25-2008, 09:00 AM
350z Guy

post pics of your Z when you get it
Old 12-27-2008, 06:31 PM
pollinatrix11

the z is a great bang for your buck, but like 350z guy said, post pictures of your z when you get it.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:26 AM
arneltec

Originally Posted by 1sick
.. one aspect i hate is it does not turn heads. sorry i crave attention lol
Your getting there with the Zed.
Random people just start talking to you at gas stations.
You will find yourself looking at people staring at your car.
The oddest one is when a little girl told me she liked my car as I was walking into a gas station. Threw me off guard and confused.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:18 PM
rotchcrocket04

it has been a fairly solid car.. other then the k04 turbo seals going bad. as for big turbo and stand alone... zoom zoom boom boom. most cars can slap on an ap or any other tuner and expect anywhere from 20-50 whp. na get like 10 from it on a ms3 lol... but i mean bolt ons bring on some power.. one aspect i hate is it does not turn heads. sorry i crave attention lol
I'm not trying to call you out here because I am far from an MS3/MS6 professional. Although, you're wrong when it comes to only gaining 20-50whp and blowing up.

These cars are just like all other cars. Without a proper tune... you WILL run into problems, I promise you that. Other than that, the MS3's are very restricted from factory. With bolt-ons, a tune on a good map and quality parts... you can easily push alot more HP and keep reliability.

People keep seeing others blow these cars up and it's the same issue all the SRT owners see as well. You're putting a cheap boosted car with great power in the hands of people who normally wouldn't own a boosted application. They start modding and forget that YOU CAN'T change the vehicles drastically without a professional tune! Therefore, everyone is seeing alot of holes through the block and burnt turbo seals because people don't know what they're doing and/or have no experience with boost. I'm not generalizing the entire community, the majority of guys blowing them up don't know what they're doing. There are also ALOT of very knowledgable tuners with these cars and they're continuing to pile HUGE numbers/gains out of this car.

My best friend owns an MS3 and I seriously considered getting one prior to the Z. Although, I enjoy turning heads as well... not to mention I wanted a real sports car, FWD is boring after awhile and I wanted rear.

There ARE guys on the MS3/6 forums that are pushing well over 400whp on the stock block and they have been handling it very well. Larger turbo, better piping, FMIC, CPE tuned map (which I believe is currently the safest way to go right now), canceling boost cut (with CPE's map) in 1st and 2nd, etc etc. I'm telling you right now, get a quality tune done with a few bolt ons and your jaw is going to hit the floor when you feel the after effects. When another guy with an MS6 around my area got all the above listed parts and had a good tune done, he was putting down over 350whp i believe. The thing takes off like a bat out of hell and there is NO WAY my Z could keep up.

It's a matter of opinion. If you're looking for the ability to tune with bolt ons and boost, you've already got the application you need. If you're looking to turn heads with a real sports car, sound amazing, have decent numbers factory... go with the Z.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Donsred350Z

Originally Posted by tanabe350z
i have to agree the z is an amazing car and i love mine but its not in the same realm as super cars like lambos. but for the price best bang for your buck

Very arguble if you count looks the Z is hard to beat but if ugly don't matter and again looks are debatble. The WRi STi and Evos are good bag for the bucks and very drivable in the winter, in my opinon your Madza speed 3 got them beat on looks and from 03-05 with tune & mods can match and beat the Zs 0-60 speed. But looking like a Sports Car the three econo boxes/rally cars just don't do it for me. But the 0-60 numbers and handling are great on the Evo/Sti if you can get pass all that rice, I know looks are in the eyes of the beholder. I think the Mazda3 is kinda neat looking.

Heard of some pretty hot 03-05 Zs turbo and tunes or nitrious 400-500hp but this cost far more money then the DIY bolts & pro tune that the Mazda3 has availble.

In saying that I love me some Vette looks and numbers!! Come on Lambo lets roll.

Last edited by Donsred350Z; 01-02-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:53 AM
8cd03gro

i came from an 05 spec v that was built pop charger on 15 lbs that made i think 312whp... why do u think i should stick with the speed3? think im dumb? im planning on getting one and having a local shop turbo and tune it =). and ms6 is a pretty fun car.. clutch sucks and there a bit chubby but owners are kinda like wrx owners think there the hottest **** around and cant loose
am i the only person that caught this?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:02 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

What did you get?