Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Advice on Options.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 10:48 PM
myOranz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice on Options.

First of all, this Forum is great!! i'm reading so much good info here. I have ordered the roadster 350z, and i am having sedond thought about the options. I have ordered touring with nav and 18 inch rims. What i'm hearing from some peeps is that the sound system on Touring sux, and the 18 inch rims are not that pretty. Am i better off not getting the options and getting them aftermarket? If you had to do this buying thing all over again what options wouldyou choose? I"m from Texas, so I think leather is going to be very hot. If i don't require lether seat, is there any reason to go to touring in the roadster version? Does anyone have roadster? does it worth the money or should i settle for coupe? Thanks in advance.

LeMan Sunset roadster coming.....
Old 08-25-2003, 05:59 AM
My_Tampa_Z

It's too bad the Track 18s are not available for the roadster. IMHO, they are the nicest stock wheels. As for the NAV, it is a nice feature that looks cool and does have some utility, especially if you get lost. It has saved me a lot of times. I have the Track coupe and decided to put aftermaket leather, I live in FL and I do not notice them being that hot. However, I do park it in a garage at home and work. My thoughts are that the options are the things that depreciate the fastest. Get what you really want and be happy with it. Take care.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:02 AM
marhot

I got an Enthusiast for several reasons.

1. Didn’t like the 18” wheels, IMO its not worth the extra money. I can/will buy better aftermarket wheels & tires for same or less money.
2. Didn’t want leather. IMO not worth the extra money.
3. The so called “stereos” suck regardless if you get the base radio or Bose. Save your money. Again, aftermarket is the way to go.
4. Didn’t need DVD/NAV.

That’s why I got an Enthusiast, IMHO it is the best value of all the models.
In regards to roadster vs. coupe, I guess it is just a preference thing. The question is how often will you go with the top down?? If you don’t mine the hot Texas sun on you all day, then it doesn’t matter.

Just remember, they are ALL good

Good luck....Peace