2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Sport Z magazine

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 06:44 PM
dduck44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Borla lost power? That's funny because I remember reading a post from the editor of this mag that stated it was not the Borla that lost power. Can you say misinformation?
Old 09-04-2003, 06:54 PM
webcarconnection

For those who owns one of this exhaust is just a article more... I now what HP put the exhaust to my car... is the same if any of you get together and dyno this exhaust yourself, maybe you will see differents results... just enjoy the reading and learn a little more everyday

Last edited by webcarconnection; 09-04-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Lateapex

It wasn't the Borla. Here are some highlights from the test:

1) The lightest exhaust made the least power.
2) The quietest exhaust made the most torque.
3) The loudest exhaust made the least torque.
4) The most expensive exhaust made the second-most power.
5) The most difficult to install exhaust made the second-least torque.
6) One of the true-dual exhausts had the most consistent improvement curve.

That help? ;-)
Old 09-04-2003, 08:56 PM
webcarconnection

thats a funny way to say it!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

Wonder where the Nismo fell.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:27 PM
webcarconnection

4) The most expensive exhaust made the second-most power.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:28 PM
Javi

I subscribed for two years, still haven't received the issue, and wouldn't mind knowing the results before I get it. When I subscribed I knew that the articles could be discussed in this forum but still I preferred to receive it because I could read and judge for myself the whole process of the event. Not to mention there are more articles in the issue that I could find interesting...
Old 09-05-2003, 04:47 AM
lowrider

Is there some sort of embargo on discussing the contents of the article, if so please advise?

Doing a simple search yielded various instances of people discussing the contents of magazine articles and funny how nobody raised an issue about that.

oh well, enjoy your reading
I don't understand the secrecy either. We have discussed many other articles before, and the games people are playing here make no sense to me????

Lou
Old 09-05-2003, 04:50 AM
madisonmc

Default Just an observation

I find it a little humorous that if this test would have been posted in let's say... C&D or Motor Trend, the first guy to post the results would have been considered the "cool guy.” Give the man 5 stars for the post!

But in this case, the first guy to post the results of this new "up-and-coming" mag will be considered an a55hole or traitor or the “un-cool guy.”

I have no problem with not posting the results, but I do find this a little bit hypocritical.

Old 09-05-2003, 04:53 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

As previously stated, I have also subscribed but have not received my copy yet and look forward to getting my copy.

I would like to see the results and discussion and don't need to wait. But I don't need this nonsense. Its rediculous.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:13 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So those of us that have a copy are required to read it and give everyone here a book report? I don't think so. The purpose of this post was to comment on the quality of the magazine, not to discuss the contents, since this is my first issue.

Maybe when you get your copy you should start a thread entitled "Discussion: Sport Z Exhaust Shootout" that way you have a place you can begin to discredit the work they put into the comparasion and the magazine.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:19 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

This all started out when this was posted...

"tell us about the hp/tq #'s.........come on, dont get stingy on us.....its for the benefit of the eniter Z community "

He is calling a guy stingy when the person doing the name calling is too stingy to buy his own and trying to make the other guy feel he is being cheap when already laid out the money thus he is not being cheap at all.

I think all of us go out of our way to help others here. For example, i just got a head unit and took pictures of all the dash kits at that store (while getting my head unit installed) for others to see because it was posted that they were looking for a dash kit and had not seem one they liked yet.

Last edited by zland; 09-05-2003 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:50 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Discredit the work ? WTF, Who said anything about wanting to do that ? Man you are a negative being. Noone asked for a book report - hell skip the thread if its too much for you!

I don't think anyone was being stingy by not buying a copy either. I for one paid months ago and have not received it yet. Everyone just wanted to know what the freekin results were. Since it was eluded to (by the publishers own post) that there were some surprise results, there has been great anticipation on the board(s) about them. Now thats its out it is certainly reasonable to expect discussion about the results.

You guys (ladies) are creapy!

That'll by my last word on this but this thread certainly epitomizes what this site has become.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:00 AM
Bostonian

I too have a two year subscription and have not received my issue yet(maybe when I get home from work). I do not see why so people do not want to discuss the exhaust article. Afraid that people will just come here for info from the mag? Most people will still want to purchase the mag since there is so much info in the mag and all of it will not be discussed on here. I actually was looking forward to discussing the mag with members here (subscribers and non-subscribers).

I guess if I do receive it tonight, I will have to keep my opinions to myself.

Think everyone that owns a Z should subscribe to this mag.
my $.02
Old 09-05-2003, 08:08 AM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's too late to buy that issue anyway, so might as well start the discussion.

-D'oh!
Old 09-05-2003, 08:12 AM
dduck44

I just got the latest copy of "Alchemist Quarterly", there's a great article in there of how you can transmute lead into gold, there's also an article illustrating how you can turn an ordinary 350Z into an Ferrari Enzo. Really good stuff, I'd sure like to share these amazing facts w/the rest of the forum but regretfully I can't.

Now what did I do w/the keys to that Enzo?
Old 09-05-2003, 08:38 AM
raymanZ
Site Sponsor

Default buying that issue

You can buy THAT particular issue online (courtesyparts.com). Just placed my order, then I'll decide on a subscription later.

RaymanZ
Old 09-05-2003, 08:54 AM
lowrider

With the BS going on here, and the hype started by the publisher - This is one mag. I will never buy. Teasing is not the way to sell magazines or any product. I don't like or appreciate it. This is my last response to this thread. I will avoid it in the future. I thought this forum was about sharing. What kind of sharing is this?

Lou

Last edited by lowrider; 09-05-2003 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:58 AM
Zrated

I don't think it is a matter of them spending the $18 for the mag and that's why nobody is talking, as it is the fact that they would like to see people subscribe and support the magazine to help them continue to bring good articles.

Of course I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see the results
Old 09-05-2003, 09:48 AM
mcduck

I find it a little humorous that if this test would have been posted in let's say... C&D or Motor Trend, the first guy to post the results would have been considered the "cool guy.” Give the man 5 stars for the post!
Well, I think the difference here is partially that Sport Z specifically caters to the Z community. If I subscribe to C&D or MT, I may get one article about next year's new model or a comparison test between the Z and 2 or 3 other import sports cars. It's a bit much to ask me to pay $20 to subscribe for a year if the only thing I want to know about is Nissan Z news.

Sport Z, on the other hand, is always all about the Z. You can bet each issue will have a number of articles on every generation of Z. So, for $18, you will get something from each issue instead of something only out of 1 issue in 4.

That said, I don't have a problem sharing some info. I think sharing the information benefits all... but I'm not going to scan or repost the entire article for anyone! When my issue arrives, I'll be happy to post how the exhausts ranked. I will not answer specific questions about HP gains, editors impressions, dB levels for each exhaust, etc. A quick summary will be had, but if you want details, subscribe!

'nuff said.

Quick Reply: New Sport Z magazine