Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So I'm a new owner and I have a couple Q's

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 PM
elpasoZer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I'm a new owner and I have a couple Q's

Yeah, I'm gonna go and introduce myself later in the New Owners portion of the forum but I thought I'd ask you veterans a few questions.

So I just got an 05 Touring, blah blah.

1. How do you get the Heating/Cooling system to respond quickly? From what I've read in the manual they recommend to keep it on Auto most of the time. But what if I'm just a little warm and I just want the fans on, like the vent? I've turned off the A/C light and had the fan in the middle away from Auto, and still no air being rushed through the system. It's like it has a mind of it's own and comes on still automatically.

2. I don't have stock tires and rims. When I drive for about 40-50 highway mile trips I notice the low tire pressure sensor go on. It is not blinking, and once I get to my destination and eventually turn it back on again the light won't come back for another 40 miles. When I just drive it around on the weekend the light never comes on. I also noticed that the PSI's are not being read on the dash unit. Shows the --- (dashes) and from what I read in the manual that means that there is no reading. The dealership is now telling me that the reading will not work since I do not have stock tires and rims on there.

Any feedback would be helpful. I've been lurking around here since before I got the Z and I'm happy to know that there are so many enthusiastic owners out there.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

1. Just try messing with the *****, set the temp **** in the middle for warm air and set the fan speed on low. Whatever you want

2. Since you have aftermarket wheels, I'm guessing you probably don't have the tire pressure sensors in them, that explains the lack of reading and the light coming on.

Oh and welcome and enjoy
Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ What he said.
and Welcome

And if you have any other questions, the search feature comes in handy too.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want the TPMS can be purchased often on this site, and elsewhere. They can be installed in most aftermarket wheels, but must be programmed to interact with your specific car. I don't know the recipe, but research it.