Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carjacked...almost

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:27 AM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissenter
This is nonsense! First of all, if you are going to be in a situation, why not carry the gun cautiously hidden and not totally concealed? Like in a jacket pocket? S&W's have hammerless 38's, so there really is no need to even pull it from the holster (if it is in your pocket). Use the better bullets and not the cheap bullets that you use for target practice.

Secondly, I am not going to stand at my car and decide whether or not the perp wants my car or is going to injure me. Any sign of a threat, which by law at that time you may defend yourself, he/she is done. I'm not sure what kind of laws you have in Minnesota, but in Pennsylvania we HAVE the right to defend ourselves (at home or outside of the home).
Yes you can defend your self,fight or flight it's programed in all our heads.The law in all states,say you have to prove that you had no option but to stop said attacker if you where out side you can run away,now the home is where we can make a stand because of loved ones justifiable,but you still have to prove no other means with where avlailable that is what the law states .And first of all you should not be in those situations,but if you have to be only use as last resort.Yea better bullets will help?-do you know what you are even talking about.Minnesota has a open permit as well,the jacket pocket idea is good expect the last thing you want is your hand in your pocket easily trapped from behind or the side of you(hands should always be in front of you). I never said not to carry I was saying just getting a gun is not a solution it's a big step a lot of people get a gun in there hands and you can see there chest puff-up.I carry and have for 7years I would never tell some one not to carry a gun but to treat it as a last defense/resort. And Dissenter read your law because you are wrong (pretty much the same as Minnesota but you can carry at 18,while MN is 21,we can not carry where known alcohol is served).http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/18/I/5/507/use-of-force-for-the-protection-of-property/http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/18/I/5/507/use-of-force-for-the-protection-of-property/.I[/url] wasn't telling or asking,I was weighting good and bad on the subject of the C.C.permit..

Last edited by CUL8ER; 02-22-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Dissenter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CUL8ER
Yes you can defend your self,fight or flight it's programed in all our heads.The law in all states,say you have to prove that you had no option but to stop said attacker if you where out side you can run away,now the home is where we can make a stand because of loved ones justifiable,but you still have to prove no other means with where avlailable that is what the law states .And first of all you should not be in those situations,but if you have to be only use as last resort.Yea better bullets will help?-do you know what you are even talking about.Minnesota has a open permit as well,the jacket pocket idea is good expect the last thing you want is your hand in your pocket easily trapped from behind or the side of you(hands should always be in front of you). I never said not to carry I was saying just getting a gun is not a solution it's a big step a lot of people get a gun in there hands and you can see there chest puff-up.I carry and have for 7years I would never tell some one not to carry a gun but to treat it as a last defense/resort. And Dissenter read your law because you are wrong (pretty much the same as Minnesota but you can carry at 18,while MN is 21,we can not carry where known alcohol is served).http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/18/I/5/507/use-of-force-for-the-protection-of-property/http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/18/I/5/507/use-of-force-for-the-protection-of-property/.I[/url] wasn't telling or asking,I was weighting good and bad on the subject of the C.C.permit..
Again, if I am in a situation that calls for the use of protection I will protect myself and my property just as the LAW states that I can. What YOU may be misunderstanding is a philosophical dilemma. You state; "And first of all you should not be in those situations." What kind of "thinking" is that? The perp should not be putting him/herself in THAT situation. And by the way, there is a revision pending in the PA Legislature that states to the affect that I, or anyone else has the same right to be in a location if someone is threatening me. So the "run away" "law" will be thrown out the window. This revision is meant to allow law abiding people to stand their ground because the law abiding people have the right to not run inside their home.

By the way, personally, I carry my firearm when necessary. Very few of my friends even know I have one and have a concealed firearms permit. I don't go around like a THUG with my chest puffed out. However, I, nor my family will become a victim because of some law that is antiquated. You are more than welcome to run!!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 AM
n2oZ

Shoot the guy, then walk over and put a "blunt" or "sharp" object in his hand. Cops hate paper work and this would be an easy open and shut case.

Anyway to OP nice job on avoiding the issue altogether.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Dissenter

Originally Posted by n2oZ
Shoot the guy, then walk over and put a "blunt" or "sharp" object in his hand. Cops hate paper work and this would be an easy open and shut case.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 PM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by n2oZ

I am just going on what the BCA has stated,if the law was as open and shut as you claim then wouldn't people be killing each other and just placing a object in their hands(David Shapell,just sprinkle crack on them), like I said you have to prove you are,or your family is in danger if you use deadly force in any state. if a guy or girl comes at you and shoot them,later it turns out they were deaf and trying to hand you one of those sign language cards asking for money,but it was dark and I couldn't see what was in his/her hands.(worse has happend) A cops job consist of 85% paper work they learn that in school.And yes I will run if the chance is there,if you don't you could be held accountable for your actions.Look man I love our rights (2nd Amendment) but you as a person has a expectation under that law.If some one is stealing your car while you are in the house you have no right to shoot them because you were not in danger.And same goes for the fight or flight,you have to prove that if you did not act you or your loved ones life could be taken,as the expectation fight or flight..Anyway to OP nice job on avoiding the issue altogether, I was talking to WXSigns,he brought up the c.c. permit in the first place I was just stating facts,so thanks!

Last edited by CUL8ER; 02-22-2009 at 01:46 PM.