Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my short review

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 07:21 AM
goofyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up my short review

flew in from L.a. and right to the dealership. for those that read the end first...OMFG...THIS CAR ROCKS!!! color: silverstone is great. got grade A treatment at the dealer including a fake bottle of champagne being opened. after showing me every feature I already knew we went to fill it up with gas. Three people at the gas station came over to ask about the car. heads were turning all over town. Pulled up next to a suburban, the windows rolled down and 12 eyes gazed at my little beauty.
Anyway the car drives like a true sports car.. this is NO imitation. it corners like its on tracks, no matter the speed. I was causous at first but I stoped caring how fast I'd go into a corner cause the car didn't care. It hugged the road on ups and downs also. As for speed, I'm not sure. It seems fast but without taking it over 4000 rpm...? The torque is amazing. I could start in second and be in any gear from 2nd to 6th at 60. (I didn't try 2nd but will after 1200 miles. at any gear the was still some power. this car can make up for some very bad drivers.
But the real fun in the twisties.

oh yea...I found the cheapest part.. the floor of the rear that lies above the spare tire is made of cardboard painted black. well I rather the money be spent on what makes it go, besides if it waers out I can get the parts cheeper at the local grocery store than Nissan.

for all of you still waiting... it is worth evey second of anticipation. you picked well
Old 08-25-2002, 07:54 AM
LowFuel

Nice write up! Thanks!!
Old 08-25-2002, 08:46 AM
NissaNZ

Default Re: my short review

Originally posted by goofyZ

oh yea...I found the cheapest part.. the floor of the rear that lies above the spare tire is made of cardboard painted black. well I rather the money be spent on what makes it go, besides if it waers out I can get the parts cheeper at the local grocery store than Nissan.

for all of you still waiting... it is worth evey second of anticipation. you picked well
That's not a cost cutting measure its a weight saving measure.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:48 AM
raceboy
Banned

It's not cardboard, it's plastic.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:09 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Man, I really admire you guys that are actually keeping it below 4000 RPM. I don't know how you can do it! I am doing pretty well with 5000, but not all the time. It does have good torque even below 4000, but you have to shift just as things start to get interesting.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:39 PM
goofyZ

Man, I really admire you guys that are actually keeping it below 4000 RPM. I don't know how you can do it! I am doing pretty well with 5000, but not all the time. It does have good torque even below 4000, but you have to shift just as things start to get interesting.

it is called dedication. you see, when I was just a boy I learned....icon44:
Na, it is hard. I just figured that I waited this long for the car, whats another few weeks to wait before opening it up? it's for the good of the car man. I agree this is an almost imposible task. (and I've only had the car for one day). :

The other thing I didn't comment on was the exhust sounds great. When I herd it standing still and reving I was less than impressed, but In first as you take off it is deep and mean sounding. who needs a radio?
Old 08-26-2002, 05:55 AM
BRICKS Z

Default radio who cares

glad i couldnt get the bose as a seperate option in the enthusiast
would rather hear the exhaust
i think ill add an amp and subwoofer shortly sound in the radio is good not fantastic however the car gets a 10 worth 40+ and i only paid 28996+++=31400