Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

should I get a Z?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love this forum because no one goes easy on people.

If you make a post to brag about how your parents buy you stuff, people on here who worked their butts off to afford a Z are going to smack you down.

If you are considering several different cars, just drive all of them and make an educated decision for yourself. You're a double major in coluge right? You're obviously smarter than all of us, who are just inbred grease-monkeys. If you're too much of an idiot to pick out your own car, you should just stick to the one you have. I'm sure mommy picks out all your tighty whities for you as well, maybe you should just let her pick your car out as well.

This is an enthusiast forum, after all. It's not for the feint of heart. I fully support the flaming. Sorry.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:29 PM
travislee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey dont worry about the flaming, im also 20 and saved for about 2 years to buy my Z but i dont hate you for having your parents buy yours, thats pretty bad*ss youve got generous parents
Old 03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Donsred350Z

Iridebiks247 Really the VW Jetta is a classy car for a college kid its interior is nice and handles well even got good pickup, it probably has better everyday use then a 350Z. It's really not a bad vehicle nice and civil smooth shifting and quick pick up.

The difference in the 350z is Sports Car feel and look, you will notice quicker stops, quicker more powerful take off, precises turns with minimum steering wheel movement almost like a go cart the power range is more powerful throughout mid level until top end. The look and feel of the Z is that of a sleek snake moving through water, people notice you and compliment your ride despite how well you are dressed. I think the difference in the Jetta and the 350z is the difference in a tamed well mannered horse and wild bucking bronco, even once you get use to the WBB you know all you have to kick it and he back to being a WBB again and you look good doing it.

A Jetta is a nice Car with lots Foreinkunsism, what was that VW commerical?? There is nothing nice about the Z-car its a Mean SOB, and would be a good gift for yourself once out of school. The Z is the next thing to a Harley to make you feel "Hell I'm bad to the bone"!!! I don't drive my Z all the time or I couldn't stand myself.

Dramatic yeah, but thats the difference I see after driving a Jetta and the Z.
Granted I sometimes like driving my J30 so I can fly undercover.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
konaforever

Originally Posted by Donsred350Z

A Jetta is a nice Car with lots Foreinkunsism, what was that VW commerical??
Fahrvergnügen is the word. Heh. Foreinkunsism.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:38 AM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by konaforever
Fahrvergnügen is the word. Heh. Foreinkunsism.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Donsred350Z

I think the difference in the Jetta and the 350z is the difference in a tamed well mannered horse and a wild bucking bronco, even once you get use to the WBB you know all you have to do is kick it and it's back to being a WBB again and you look good doing it.

A Jetta is a nice Car with lots of Fukengruven or Fahrvergnügen, what was that VW commerical?? There is nothing nice about the Z-car its a Mean SOB, and would be a good gift for yourself once out of school.

The Z is the next thing to a Harley to make you feel "Hell I'm bad to the bone"!!!

I like saying this!!

which one is right so I can stick it in my spell checker.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:39 AM
iridebikes247

READ BEFORE FLAMING

Parents aren't buying this for me...thats FOR sure they helped me when I was younger, once I am through college I am just as much on my own as everyone else out there which is scary. Anyway I am goin to wait till I finish grad school and just spend about 15-18K on a used one. For the guys who think everything in life has been handed to me...I work every summer, from 7-3 5 days a week as a custodian and last summer 6 dayss a week from 9-8 as a bike shop mechanic. I was orginally a physics/engineering major. I am really sorry if I upset some of you guys if you thought i was some "joke" who was given everything. The jetta costed 7 grand...believe me I'm not loaded by any means. I know what its like to work, I guess I kinda went off cause I was having a bad day. The only reason I am bothering write this other than do other things is cause I have guilt and feel like an *** hole. For all you younger guys who worked for these things thats amazing. I couldn't manage my money well enough and blew it on **** I really didn't need, funny cause now I am going to grad school for accounting. I made this post cause I know I am no Michael Schumacher. I remember thinking I was a "bad ***" ski racer when I was 18, then I went to a race camp and saw the olympic guys train and realized I sucked at life. Anyway this applies to everything in life all of us enjoy driving cars, although your having more fun right now cause earned a faster one, I haven't yet. I love going to vacant lots and new housing developments with freshly paved turns and relatively little risk with nothing but 500ft of dirt to my right and left. I am scared of the Z, with it being RWD a throttle blip could send out the tail at 60mph. I know I am inexperienced and there are a lot of people who don't realize it but they are inexperienced too in retrospect. As far as deserving one of these things I think anyone who has made the money deserves to do whatever they want with it. Once again this is MY MONEY, not my parents. For all of the guys flaming me yah I got it I would probably flame me too if this were a bike/wakeboarding thread, just read this post before flaming me I think its a bit less cocky/arrogant than my previous one. I am appologizing, if you continue to flame you're the immature one at this point.

travislee- That is sick you saved up for your own, crazy that some guys my age can hold onto their cash for that long and put it towards one thing.

Last edited by iridebikes247; 03-06-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Donsred350Z

Op wrote - I am scared of the Z, with it being RWD a throttle blip could send out the tail at 60mph.

The wonders of modern Sports Cars unless you turn it off the Z-cars computer wll straighten the car out, some real experience drivers think this is cheating I think it saves me from body shop dues unless you 360 degree it you are pretty safe. Don't be scared Cowboy Up!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Brandon26pdx

Originally Posted by KS0385
Age please.
15. (And a half)
Old 03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

A piece of OBJECTIVE data: Check out the latest April Auto Issue of CR. Zs fare b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l-y, reliability-wise AND performance-wise! Whatever you decide, ENJOY your new ride.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:19 PM
JEKL

I like this kid. Seems like a pretty stand up kind of guy to me. Good post OP.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:44 AM
350z-Jim

Originally Posted by jekl1000
I like this kid. Seems like a pretty stand up kind of guy to me. Good post OP.
+1
Old 03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
seZy350

Originally Posted by iridebikes247;7033107 [B
parents pay for all of it[/B]....and my gas money...and my ski racing camps in Oregon...and my malibu wakeboard boat....and my downhill/road/XC/park bikes...low class? yah ok, I just lol'ed, I bet you didn't though . Now that I got that out of the way, can we get back to talking about the 350z I plan on getting right when I get out of school? thank you.
enough said you fail
Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebikes247
READ BEFORE FLAMING

Parents aren't buying this for me...thats FOR sure they helped me when I was younger, once I am through college I am just as much on my own as everyone else out there which is scary. Anyway I am goin to wait till I finish grad school and just spend about 15-18K on a used one. For the guys who think everything in life has been handed to me...I work every summer, from 7-3 5 days a week as a custodian and last summer 6 dayss a week from 9-8 as a bike shop mechanic. I was orginally a physics/engineering major. I am really sorry if I upset some of you guys if you thought i was some "joke" who was given everything. The jetta costed 7 grand...believe me I'm not loaded by any means. I know what its like to work, I guess I kinda went off cause I was having a bad day. The only reason I am bothering write this other than do other things is cause I have guilt and feel like an *** hole. For all you younger guys who worked for these things thats amazing. I couldn't manage my money well enough and blew it on **** I really didn't need, funny cause now I am going to grad school for accounting. I made this post cause I know I am no Michael Schumacher. I remember thinking I was a "bad ***" ski racer when I was 18, then I went to a race camp and saw the olympic guys train and realized I sucked at life. Anyway this applies to everything in life all of us enjoy driving cars, although your having more fun right now cause earned a faster one, I haven't yet. I love going to vacant lots and new housing developments with freshly paved turns and relatively little risk with nothing but 500ft of dirt to my right and left. I am scared of the Z, with it being RWD a throttle blip could send out the tail at 60mph. I know I am inexperienced and there are a lot of people who don't realize it but they are inexperienced too in retrospect. As far as deserving one of these things I think anyone who has made the money deserves to do whatever they want with it. Once again this is MY MONEY, not my parents. For all of the guys flaming me yah I got it I would probably flame me too if this were a bike/wakeboarding thread, just read this post before flaming me I think its a bit less cocky/arrogant than my previous one. I am appologizing, if you continue to flame you're the immature one at this point.

travislee- That is sick you saved up for your own, crazy that some guys my age can hold onto their cash for that long and put it towards one thing.
Thank you for sharing. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:05 AM
Z04

should I get a Z?
if you even have to ask that question then no, you should not get a Z. go troll somewhere else
Old 03-11-2009, 09:16 AM
GenPac

Interesting thread... haven't seen one of these before.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 AM
GenPac

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
I love this forum because no one goes easy on people.

If you make a post to brag about how your parents buy you stuff, people on here who worked their butts off to afford a Z are going to smack you down.

If you are considering several different cars, just drive all of them and make an educated decision for yourself. You're a double major in coluge right? You're obviously smarter than all of us, who are just inbred grease-monkeys. If you're too much of an idiot to pick out your own car, you should just stick to the one you have. I'm sure mommy picks out all your tighty whities for you as well, maybe you should just let her pick your car out as well.

This is an enthusiast forum, after all. It's not for the feint of heart. I fully support the flaming. Sorry.
I like your style... although I am a pure-bred grease monkey, not inbred FYI... most of the inbreds go RSX.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Paul55100

$12k?? What are you going to do when it comes time to get tires? Or any other major maintenance/repair stuff? Keep your Jetta.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 AM
XV8Crisis

Originally Posted by iridebikes247
READ BEFORE FLAMING
I am scared of the Z, with it being RWD a throttle blip could send out the tail at 60mph.
...what?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:30 AM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by Z04
if you even have to ask that question then no, you should not get a Z. go troll somewhere else
Being a douchebag as usual . . .