Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My new 04 is FINALLY here!! Let the Mod's begin.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 01:39 AM
suhster85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you guys an actual dealership or are you guys a store? If you guys are just a store do you have an actual walk in store or is it all online?
Old 10-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by blaque
hey Jeff: Can I come take a look at your car this Saturday
Sorry, I work 4:30am to 4:00pm Mon-Fri. Come by early in the morning, or call me at the dealer and we'll hook up on a Sat/Sun.

Originally posted by JPizzle
jeff, can't wait to see the finished product
on a sidenote: what would your price be for a greddy body kit?
At this time we are pretty much carrying factory Nissan parts only with a couple specialty items from our race team.

Originally posted by suhster85
Are you guys an actual dealership or are you guys a store? If you guys are just a store do you have an actual walk in store or is it all online?
We are a Nissan Car Dealership. My showroom in parts has most of the Nismo parts in it, and in about a month will be transformed to show EVERY Nismo part and Accessory available for the whole car line. The owner is really great and has given me my run of the place with turning this store into a respected tuner shop as opposed to the "typical dealer". We hope we will have a lot to offer coming up at the first of the year as we learn more daily and hire the right people to help us turn this into a reality. My assistant Jenny is now taking over the internet program full time.... but you guys are still mine. I enjoy this group and I'm not willing to let you go!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 05:08 AM
Mr Twisted

Cool and we enjoy working with you too.

Mr Twisted
www.ssashooter.com
Old 10-02-2003, 06:24 AM
blaque

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
Sorry, I work 4:30am to 4:00pm Mon-Fri. Come by early in the morning, or call me at the dealer and we'll hook up on a Sat/Sun.

We are a Nissan Car Dealership. My showroom in parts has most of the Nismo parts in it, and in about a month will be transformed to show EVERY Nismo part and Accessory available for the whole car line. The owner is really great and has given me my run of the place with turning this store into a respected tuner shop as opposed to the "typical dealer". We hope we will have a lot to offer coming up at the first of the year as we learn more daily and hire the right people to help us turn this into a reality. My assistant Jenny is now taking over the internet program full time.... but you guys are still mine. I enjoy this group and I'm not willing to let you go!!!
THEY'RE ACTUALLY TEMPTATION ISLAND IN DISGUISE

Jeff, PMD you. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

The long awaited results are in. First off we need to use this as a learning tool. I don't want to debate the accuracy of the dyno (dyno pac) just show the gains using the same dyno. I know this dyno sucks and will join the So.Cal Dyno day and get some real numbers later. As I said, this will show what some of the mod will do for our cars. So here goes.

Bone Stock with 40 miles on the odometer:
Peak was at 6000rpm 232hp and 227.1 tq

Next was CAI, Headers and Cams. No exhaust mods at all past the headers:
Peak was at 5500rpm 249hp and 237.7 tq

Last we added the High Flow Cat's and Nismo Exhaust:
Peak was at 6500rpm 268hp and 252.2 tq

After reading others post's I expected more out of these mod's. The most amazing thing my butt dyno noticed was the cat/exhaust change. The dyno shop agreed that there was more available, but we kept tapping the rev limiter at 6800 rpm. I have now changed out the flywheel and clutch assy with Nismo parts and must say it was another good choice. The clutch is not only easier to work, but spins 2nd gear very easily now. Next will be finding someone to start working with the ECU as we start building a forged bottom end out of a core engine I have in the shop. A huge shot of Nitrous seems likely in this cars future.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:45 PM
jreiter

I have now changed out the flywheel and clutch assy with Nismo parts and must say it was another good choice. Next will be finding someone to start working with the ECU as we start building a forged bottom end out of a core engine I have in the shop.

Thanks for the dyno results. Couple questions for you:

1) After upgrading to the Nismo flywheel, do you wish you had maybe gone with a lighter unit, such as the JWT or Jun?

2) What is the purpose of building up a forge bottom end? Strength? Weight reduction? Both? Are you going to keep in naturally aspirated?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:04 PM
bk_r0x

19rwhp and 15rwtq from exhaust and cats, even after all those other mods.. that's a damn good combination you found there.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by jreiter
Thanks for the dyno results. Couple questions for you:

1) After upgrading to the Nismo flywheel, do you wish you had maybe gone with a lighter unit, such as the JWT or Jun?

2) What is the purpose of building up a forge bottom end? Strength? Weight reduction? Both? Are you going to keep in naturally aspirated?
For my personal application the Nismo flywheel is perfect. I drive way too much stop and go traffic and the drivabilty was my big issue. I have driven several customers cars with lighter flywheels and they more than likely would have been fine, but since I work for a dealer it goes well (and in my favor) to use factory parts when I can. I would NEVER recommend a Nismo over a JTW or JUN just because I use one. It all depends on the customers use. As far as the engine goes... that will be my 2004 project. We plan to see what it takes to get 400hp out of one of these. This wont happen till next summer.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:16 PM
SoLo350

this is the performance nissan at duarte, CA right?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by SoLo350
this is the performance nissan at duarte, CA right?
That's me!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 01:56 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your dynos seem much more realistic than those 300+ dynos.

thats the ballpark figure i think i'm putting down too, and i'm still on stock cats.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:48 PM
orhanz33

are you gonna run your car at the track?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:59 PM
Fast281

Any Good Deals At Performance Nissan ? Im Currently Looking For A Z. I Would Like To Buy One This Weekend. Any Good Deals Let Me Know Ill Stop In And Drive One Home...
Old 10-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Mr Twisted

Default Most dealers our boneheads.!!!

I went to about 6 dealers with cash in hand and no one would deal a dime, so I bought mine private party. I really didn't save much but at least I got the last laugh on the dealers I did see.
l
I really enjoy driving into their customer lots and showing off my new car..

I understand that Jeff ( he's the parts dept mgr) has a no hassle forum member price which sounded damn good to me. based on the runaround I got from everyone else.

If your serious about driving a Z home I'm sure you'll get it, while your there check out Jeffs' rocket. It's the bomb.

I'm buying my next car from Jeff and Performance.Nissan..
Old 10-02-2003, 11:50 PM
pimp1911

Wow. Nice results Jeff.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:57 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by durobred
are you gonna run your car at the track?
Funny you should ask... Went to Irwindale last night (1/8 mile track for those who don't know). I ran the car when I picked it up a few weeks back and the best I could get out of it was 9.91@75.87mph. Last night I only took one run since I had prior obligations. Ran 9.40@79.24. I know I could do much better as I spun the street tires hard in first and second. I was still running full tire pressure so my 60' was 2.38. I am very pleased with the progress so far. Also on another note, the car is not as loud as I made it out to be. Seems when we installed the muffler, the resonator was laying on the X-member and transfering the noise to the cabin. Fixed now and sounds GREAT!!

Originally posted by Fast281
Any Good Deals At Performance Nissan ? Im Currently Looking For A Z. I Would Like To Buy One This Weekend. Any Good Deals Let Me Know Ill Stop In And Drive One Home...
Give me a call!! Do not just show up at the dealer.... once a salesman latches onto you, your on your own. Let me put you in touch with Ken in Fleet and he will honor the $1200 off MSRP.

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
If your serious about driving a Z home I'm sure you'll get it, while your there check out Jeffs' rocket. It's the bomb.
Hey Mr Twisted, next time your in the area stop by and go for another ride with me. Now that we fixed the problem with the exhaust I thing you might change your mind about the noise level.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:31 AM
mcduck

Great work, Jeff! That 268hp figure has me optimistic.

The cams you sold me will be installed in about a week, along with some other goodies. Figure I should be where you are on power + a crawford plenum to boot.... Hoping for mid-280s.

I have to tread lightly here as we are a new car dealer and anything to do with altering emissions is a no no. That said, it was significantly better than the max allowed. Surprised us as this car runs awesome. BUT, I must admit the high flow cat do make the car loud. You can get bystanders to turn their heads and look when you floor it.
As a side note, I wanted to relate a story... at the moment I only have the Borla exhaust which is nice and quite at an idle, but can be quite loud under hard acceleration.

I work in a VERY secure building with high density, sound proof, bullet resistance glass... you hear very little from the outside world while you're working. One day I stepped out to lunch because I had driven my Z to work... I nailed it coming out of the parking lot onto the street parallel to my department's offices. My boss told me later that he snapped his head around to see what was creating such a beautiful ruckus! As he did, he caught a glimpse of my Brick zipping by.

I think under real acceleration, any good aftermarket exhaust is going to make people take note of you going by... what matters is what you can live with when you're not out driving like a damn fool. In those cases, do you like it quiet? A respectable rumble?

I'd love to hear the Nismo... I seriously considered it, but the price is a bit high.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:36 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by mcduck
The cams you sold me will be installed in about a week, along with some other goodies. Figure I should be where you are on power + a crawford plenum to boot.... Hoping for mid-280s.
Save your money for a set of cat pipes or high flows next. It will make that car come alive after the cam install. I still can't get over how much of a difference they made!!
Old 10-03-2003, 11:18 AM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Mr Twisted, next time your in the area stop by and go for another ride with me. Now that we fixed the problem with the exhaust I thing you might change your mind about the noise level.

hey jeff, what problem were you having with the exhaust? from previous posts i gathered it was too loud. were you able to quiet it down somehow?

like most people, i want the best of both worlds.....not too loud exhaust AND performance

i gotta check out your car one of these days to assess the noise level. since you passed the sniffer, noise is my only concern right now for the high flow cats.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by b18bvudoo
hey jeff, what problem were you having with the exhaust? from previous posts i gathered it was too loud. were you able to quiet it down somehow?
Seems when we installed the muffler, the resonator was laying on the X-member and transfering the noise to the cabin. Fixed now and sounds GREAT!! Been awhile since I've seen you. When will you be back to visit?

Quick Reply: My new 04 is FINALLY here!! Let the Mod's begin.