Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got sprayed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 05:55 AM
yanotkaj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got sprayed!

I was on Route 27 in Edison yesterday at a traffic light.I heard something hit my driver side door and roof.I was like wtf! I get out,the whole driver side door,fender and rear are covered in bright neon green paint! Some ******* with a paintball gun thought it was funny and sprayed the whole side of my car.I had my window down,lucky I did not get hit in the face.The only thing I could think of,it was someone going in the other direction. I called my friend who is a cop in Edison and told him what happened.He is going to let me know if it happens again.When I got home,I had no problem getting the paint off. I hope they catch who did this.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:42 AM
ajk4

man, that is f'ed up!! i think there is a special ring of hell for keyers (sp?) and people like that. thank god the paint didnt stain or ruin your car. fortunately paintball paint is water soluble because of idiots like this.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:05 AM
iris

I wouldn't be worried about the paint on the exterior, since it is made to come off.

But luckily your window wasn'st rolled down!! And luckily you didn't get some dent - those guns shoot hard.

Buttholes!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:26 AM
WashUJon

That's an assault, since you were in the car. I'm sure the cops will want to find who did it. The thing is that they'll probably do it again sometime. They got away with hitting you and who knows who else. They'll feel like they can get away with it and probably get caught doing it again...
Old 09-15-2003, 10:32 AM
jazzfest

It's just like those buttheads that throw Cigarettes out of the car window and hitting my car.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Uber' 350

I got egg-ed one time by a car going the opposite direction. damn kids... i was angry but w.e. it wanst perminant so im ok...
Old 09-15-2003, 02:33 PM
350zroadster

did you get any dents? I'm suprised the car survived without any damage.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:37 PM
yanotkaj

Nope,no dents.I was suprised
Old 09-15-2003, 02:55 PM
jazzfest

Or a dump truck throwing rocks all over the hwy and hitting the car.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Phatmitzu

Damn! there are always freaking a** holes likes that messing up peoples lives. Good thing no damage was done. Gosh stupid idiots...just reading it made my all pissed off
Old 09-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Beamm

Originally posted by WashUJon
That's an assault, since you were in the car. I'm sure the cops will want to find who did it. The thing is that they'll probably do it again sometime. They got away with hitting you and who knows who else. They'll feel like they can get away with it and probably get caught doing it again...
Actally it's trespass to chattels...if they catch them you could make a claim.

I bet they'll get caught. A couple of years ago some kids drove through my neighborhood shooting out windows in houses and cars (only a few cars because homeowners assn. won't let us park cars in driveway/street) with a B.B. gun. Did it a second nite, got busted.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:54 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pieces of Sh*t! Why would anyone do that. And i bet you that they picked your car because it was nice. Did they make any dents, paintballs shoot out fast!! I got hit a couple times, and they hurt! Thank G-d your window was up and your didnt get hit in the face, that could have been serious.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Cyase

he had his window down.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:44 PM
WashUJon

Originally posted by Beamm
Actally it's trespass to chattels...if they catch them you could make a claim.

I bet they'll get caught. A couple of years ago some kids drove through my neighborhood shooting out windows in houses and cars (only a few cars because homeowners assn. won't let us park cars in driveway/street) with a B.B. gun. Did it a second nite, got busted.
With the guy in the car at the time? He could have easily been injured. I'd call that an assault, intending to injure his person...
Old 09-16-2003, 06:32 AM
peptidbond

First. DON"T WAX YOUR CAR! My Maxima got egged. Everything came off fine, but the next time I used paste wax, I found out that the eggs left "spider web" cracks in the clear coat and the wax filled it. You might have the same from the force of the paintballs. You can use clear stuff though. Or maybe tint your paste wax to your car color with a little coloring, but I have not tried this.

As for dump trucks and the like, I have had my fare share of over-loaded, uncovered pickups. It has actually become a joke for me. Once on the way to work, I am following a F350 and 8 PVC pipes come flying out the back. God must have been on my side that day because one went under my tires, two over the roof and the rest all around. None hit my car. About two weeks ago, a pickup truck tossed a painter's drop cloth at me; it missed. Just last week, and unseen, overloaded pickup tossed some cushions and dry wall at me. A dump tuck in front of me ran over the shattered drywall and tossed plaster chunks at my car. Made some nice spots on the front bumper, but no damage. Now, everytime I see a loaded pickup that is not covered, I practically scream at the driver. Don't care who they are, they should cover their load period. Just too dangerous otherwise. Imagine that drop cloth covering the front of my car at highway speeds. I would have totalled the car. Worst thing is, the drivers never realized.