Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

All quiet on the eastern front?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Shagger
Charter Member #94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks, mbeguy, keep the info coming..

I've got to be on one of those ships. Your info is really helpful...thanks again
Old 08-27-2002, 06:55 PM
GUido

Default God Bless the South

For once it pays to live down here in the south. WHile you guys in the Northeast sweat and dream about your Z's... I'll be picking mine up tomorrow

350Z Performance
Redline
Kickplates, Mud Guards, and Mats
Old 08-27-2002, 09:27 PM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

That web cam is driving me crazy!! It's like looking an eclipse of the sun - you kinda' want to look at it but you kind of don't....maybe it's more like if you had the apartment across from Rosie O'Donnell's dressing room.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:49 PM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

So have any Z's moved from there today?

I got this at 5AM this morning from my contact at Nissan America:

To: 'Andrew' xxxxxx@xx.xxxx.xxx
Subject: RE: 350Z Pre-Order

Andrew:
Your car has arrived in Newport News and is in the process of be
accessorized.
So all of Maryland's 350Zs are coming through Newport News as I suspected. I just hope they start shipping from the port today today.

Last edited by blueshift; 08-27-2002 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:05 PM
240DRIVEN

I'm located in Springfield, MA. Is my car going to be coming from Newark as well. Newark is distributing to the entire east cost or what? They gave me a ETA of 9/19.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:09 PM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

No, the East Coast has 3 ports.

1. Jacksonville
2. Newport News
3. Newark
Old 08-27-2002, 11:26 PM
panthrd

I wish Nissan would provide us with a web search for the shipping/port location of the vehicle, that would be pretty cool. They have to have that information, and it's likely on a computer. Being so close is killing me - AAAAHHHH!!!! need more info...
Old 08-28-2002, 12:07 AM
mbeguy

No Z's shipping from Newport News to dealers today. Another boat, the Hual Asia, arrives tomorrow to add more Z's to the crowded docks. They still hope to have some Z's to dealers this week but I am starting to worry.

MBEGuy
Old 08-28-2002, 03:20 AM
TCL

Originally posted by mbeguy
No Z's shipping from Newport News to dealers today. Another boat, the Hual Asia, arrives tomorrow to add more Z's to the crowded docks. They still hope to have some Z's to dealers this week but I am starting to worry.

MBEGuy
Worried that they won't make that target? By the way, do you know what was their purpose in holding the first shippment in port until the second arrived? Could it have been to pack the full load for each dealer on a single transporter? That's the only explanation I could come up with.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:54 AM
mbeguy

Originally posted by TCL

Worried that they won't make that target? By the way, do you know what was their purpose in holding the first shippment in port until the second arrived? Could it have been to pack the full load for each dealer on a single transporter? That's the only explanation I could come up with.
I am worried that the cars won't arrive at the dealers this week if they are sitting in Newport News. As of 8:50AM, no Z's were loaded or shipped from Newport News. They still expect to get them out "soon". The Hual Asia arrives today with more and so they really have to make room. I am sure some will start shipping today or tomorrow but I want my Z NOW!!!!

The delay was due to the low ground clearance of the Z and the decision by those responsible to modify the carriers before they loaded the Zs.

MBEGuy
Old 08-28-2002, 05:11 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

9:07AM NNMT camera shows a car carrier entering gate (again it might be for a load of Subaru's)
Old 08-28-2002, 05:20 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

i think delivery staring today. the cars are showing up at dealers inventory through out the NY area.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:27 AM
VaGentleman

Is it advisable/would it be helpful to call DAS at Newport News?
Old 08-28-2002, 05:37 AM
mbeguy

Originally posted by VaGentleman
Is it advisable/would it be helpful to call DAS at Newport News?
They are very polite and knowledgeable but also responsible for getting their job done (i.e. getting our cars to us). So, yes, you can learn alot by talking with them but the more of us to talk with them, the less time they have to get our cars to us. Like I said before, there are alot of cars there that they expect to start shipping today, tomorrow or friday and we will know as soon as ANY start leaving. But it would be hypocritical of me to say not to call.

MBEGuy
Old 08-28-2002, 07:52 AM
TCL

Originally posted by mbeguy

They are very polite and knowledgeable but also responsible for getting their job done (i.e. getting our cars to us). So, yes, you can learn alot by talking with them but the more of us to talk with them, the less time they have to get our cars to us. Like I said before, there are alot of cars there that they expect to start shipping today, tomorrow or friday and we will know as soon as ANY start leaving. But it would be hypocritical of me to say not to call.

MBEGuy
I would suggest not calling. It seems that MBEGuy is keeping close tabs on the situation. MBEGuy, if you don't mind continuing to be our conduit for information, that would be great. It would also prevent DAS from being swamped with calls.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:08 AM
VaGentleman

In response to the above,

I agree...would rather have them doing their thing rather than yakin on the phone.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:24 AM
mbeguy

I know that Z's (maybe 100+) will be leaving for dealerships this week, but none have left yet as of 1:30pm today. I do not know how long it will take from the time it leaves to the time it arrives at the dealership and it ready for the customer.

MBEGuy
Old 08-28-2002, 09:59 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it taking them so long? NY people are receiving their Zs either today or tomorrow, and their boat arrived in Newark 2 days after ours arrived at Newport News...
Old 08-28-2002, 10:04 AM
mbeguy

Originally posted by Hedonist
Why is it taking them so long? NY people are receiving their Zs either today or tomorrow, and their boat arrived in Newark 2 days after ours arrived at Newport News...
Very good question, and I can honestly say I do not know the answer. I only know that the "problem" has been resolved.

ZISME knows....maybe he will tell us what special problem we had at newport news?

MBEGuy

Quick Reply: All quiet on the eastern front?