Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Order Number .. (REPLY!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002 | 05:52 AM
Ricky
Banned

Default Order Number .. (REPLY!)

Okay for those of you who know your stuff on Nissan, can the customer use the order number in any way to find out the delivery date, or do only dealers have that tracking option? Second, after how long of placing your order did you recieve your VIN? My order has been in about 2 months, no VIN, no order number, and my delivery date they estimate is late Oct.
PLEASE HELP.. no one replies to my theads, and I really need to know this stuff.. and meanwhile I'm sitting here helping others, and getting nothing in return, so if you know, please reply..
Old 08-27-2002 | 06:51 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Settle down man. We're not ignoring you, it's just that there really isn't a good answer.

If by "order number" you mean the one that has been called the "tracking number" that starts with an R an S a T or a W, then you can use that for SOME info on your car but not much. It won't get you a VIN that's for sure. In general, those letters simply tell you the build month of your car. R=July, S=Aug etc.

To get your VIN, your car A) has to be built already and B) loaded onto the ship in Japan and out in the ocean. If A and B haven't occurred yet....NO VIN FOR YOU!

To find your VIN, you need to call your dealer and tell him to look at the KMD3210-R2 - Production Ordering Detail Report and KMD3210-R3 - Customer Orders Report. With these two reports he can then give you the VIN if the car has one.

Finally, when you get that. You can go to www.nissandriven.com and click on the 350z link. Then enter the type of Z you ordered from the "drop down" menus there. Then you type in the zip code of the dealer you ordered from and search your dealer's inventory. If your car is on the way to him by land, you'll see your VIN listed in his inventory.

Hope all that helps.