Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How much faster is a Non-Base Z over a Base?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 01:21 PM
SwedeZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PropaGanda
An extra grand? I got my base for 26,000. I have yet to see an enthusiast model for 27,000. It all breaks down to personal preference. If you think you need traction control, then by all means get the enthusiast model. To me it is extra weight for a worthless piece of equipment. HID's aren't worth the extra money when you can get better kits for much cheaper. The dimming rearview is gaudy looking and quite pointless when you have tinted windows. The factory LSD isn't that great. I am not sure what extra bells and whistles you are referring to. Maybe you think spending extra money on pointless and inferior items is the "best value" approach. I, however, do not. I don't see the point in financing the extra money it takes to get these items. With financing charges on that extra money you are really spending a lot more than you would by getting the stuff yourself.
Got my enthusiast for $27,000 even.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Conceyted

Originally posted by SwedeZ
Got my enthusiast for $27,000 even.
me 2
Old 10-06-2003, 01:38 PM
zzzya

Making the decision between which model is purely individual. Some may want aftermarket mods galore and go with the base or enthusiast model. Some may not want to touch the car, only to wash it, and go with a track or touring model. I personally wanted the heated leather seats and the 5AT so I went with the touring model with 17" wheels. This way I have heated seats in the winter and 17" wheels to put my snow tires on, with my 19" Volks on the way. Yes, I could have put aftermarket leather seats and warmers in and possibly the 5AT but why when I can buy it and have it done from day one with warranty. You also have to consider where one lives. Here in Iowa it is old school country where Chevy, Ford and Mopar products rule. Thus, it is hard to find places to take your import and have work done making the factory warranty and install more important. There are simply a lot of factors one has to consider when deciding which model to buy. Performance is simply too close between all of them to use that as a deciding factor in my mind.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:31 PM
zstricklen

I realize this is a very quarter-mile-oriented group, but sports cars are generally thought of as road course cars. Thinking in those terms, the Track model would clearly be the fastest because it has BRAKES. I guarantee the Brembos will more than make up for a slight weight advantage that the Enthusiast and Base have.

I bought the Enthusiast because, to me, it is the best value. Mainly I wanted the Limited Slip that the Base doesn't have. The Nav system and Leather and Bose are what make the others cost more. Not important to me.