Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
dynamic21

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfingRools
i think it has 18's the mirrors are vanity mirrors, I dont know what a homelink mirror is though.

w...t.....f
Old 06-18-2009, 08:22 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. It sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I've never thought I would like racing stripes on a Z, but that looks very good. I like it. I also have a base model and have had it for 6 years. I don't miss the traction control, the vehicle dynamic control or any of the supposed "upgrades" ' I have yet found the need for the limited slip differential. The base is the lightest of them all and thus the best handling. I have put in aluminum pedals and HID lights so I am very happy with my Z. Good luck with your Z.
Attached Thumbnails cruise control-driver-side-small.jpg   cruise control-front-small.jpg  
Old 06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Im starting to think its a Base.....Grrrrr No spoiler, I didn't know that was an indication. I just assumed that if it was advertised as the performance then it was.....DOH..... The lessons of buying my first car. Live and Learn, And I realize its not something used all the time but the trip from atlanta back to florida after I purchased it would of been really nice to have.

Oh well.....Ive only had the car 2 weeks, but so far I am in love. All i really want to do is maybe get it repainted, and put in a nice Stereo/touch screen, And figure out what the best thing to do as far as making the head lights super white. Any suggestions on that? Is that something I could just buy from an auto zone or should I look else where.?

And if you haven't guessed cars aren't really my forté, Sportbikes are, But i really want to learn as much as I can about this car. The driver side window motor is gong bad, I found a thread on how to pull it and clean it, so I did that but unfortunately it didn't help, So ill be replacing that this weekend.
Well it is a 350Z. That’s what counts.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy a new hood and take those stupid vents off the windows and you're set.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Boogshag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having a base model Z is still better than having like the best honda civic in the world! no offense to you civic lovers (if there are any?), it was just a terrible analogy! anyway, enjoy your new ride
Old 06-18-2009, 01:36 PM
SurfingRools

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
Congrats on the purchase. It sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I've never thought I would like racing stripes on a Z, but that looks very good. I like it. I also have a base model and have had it for 6 years. I don't miss the traction control, the vehicle dynamic control or any of the supposed "upgrades" ' I have yet found the need for the limited slip differential. The base is the lightest of them all and thus the best handling. I have put in aluminum pedals and HID lights so I am very happy with my Z. Good luck with your Z.
Nice ride dude

Im thinking of upgrading to black rims eventually, the ones that came on it have a few dings in them but nothing I cant live with for now,

Can anyone give me suggestions on what the best options are for head lights?
And the stripe is only on the hood, not the whole car. It also already has stillin exhaust and an Injen intake
Old 06-18-2009, 02:05 PM
KornerCarver

Just Google "HID light kits". Lots of examples come up. I have the Brightstar lights but they are almost 6 years old. I bought mine from Importhookup.com but I don't think they are in business anymore.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:06 PM
ambientflier

Don't put any crappy plug and play HID kits into your headlights. Just buy a set of oem HID lights from ebay and sell yours. If you just want a white bulb, look for German Osram/Sylvania NightBreaker bulbs. You have to buy them from overseas, and don't confuse them with the crappy US Silverstar bulbs, but they are white and quite good. These bulbs are one of the the brightest and best performing aftermarket stock wattage bulbs according to many review sites.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Osram-Night-Brea...3%3A1|294%3A50

You could always get those cheap blue-coated bulbs off ebay for even whiter light, but your visibility will suffer a lot.

Last edited by ambientflier; 06-19-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:50 PM
ambientflier

Btw, looks like you've got a set of wheels off a newer Z on there. I think that style came out in 2006, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:09 AM
SurfingRools

thanks for the link dude, If i order those do i need anything else or do u just put the new bulbs in?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Escobar

Received 153 Likes on 127 Posts

you will need a starter and ballast with the bulbs.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:38 AM
ambientflier

thanks for the link dude, If i order those do i need anything else or do u just put the new bulbs in?
Make sure you have the right size bulb. That link I gave you is just an example. The bulbs are all that you need. What type of low-beam bulb does it take? Isn't it H7? http://cgi.ebay.com/Osram-Night-Brea...3%3A1|294%3A50

Anyway, they are good bulbs, and are noticeably whiter than stock. They aren't as white as a blue-coated bulb, but those put out a lot less light. It's probably the best you can do without getting HIDs. Buy two pairs, one for lows and one for highs.

I've got these on my Mazda6, and while they provide identical lighting to stock, the color looks to be about 4000K compared to about 3200K stock.

Last edited by ambientflier; 06-20-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:39 AM
ambientflier

Originally Posted by Escobar
you will need a starter and ballast with the bulbs.
I think he's talking about the halogen bulbs that I showed him.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:52 PM
KornerCarver

Those halogen bulbs are going to cost almost as much as a plug and play HID kit. The HID kits are not crappy, I've had mine for almost 6 years and they still work perfectly. Here is a link......................

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...-motoring.html

Last edited by KornerCarver; 06-20-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-20-2009, 02:08 PM
ambientflier

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
Those halogen bulbs are going to cost almost as much as a plug and play HID kit. The HID kits are not crappy, I've had mine for almost 6 years and they still work perfectly. Here is a link......................

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...-motoring.html
They are less than $30 shipped. I'm guessing that's at least two or three times less than any HID kit, especially a quality one. Authentic Philips or Osram HID bulbs alone are around $100. I believe he DID say that he just wanted whiter color.

Last edited by ambientflier; 06-20-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:14 PM
spider310

yea whats up with the stripe
Old 06-20-2009, 05:11 PM
hpka365

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 04 performance and I have cruise control. Look right above where your left knee is when your in the car and see if theres a button that says VDC. If it's not there then they lied to you.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:35 PM
SurfingRools

thanks for the help with the bulbs guys, Yeah i just want them too look whiter is all, I dont like the yellowish look of the stock lights, But i did get an amp sub and new head unit in today, I took out the spare tire and put a 12 in the trunk, Turned out really nice did everything my self.
Attached Thumbnails cruise control-img_0613.jpg   cruise control-img_0614.jpg   cruise control-img_0612.jpg   cruise control-img_0617.jpg   cruise control-img_0616.jpg  

Old 06-20-2009, 07:38 PM
SurfingRools

damn i took those with my iphone they look shitty, I need to retake them with a digital, Its sounds great, Tomorrow im taking it out and Dynomating the whole trunk so it should sound a little better when its all finished
Old 06-20-2009, 10:40 PM
ambientflier

thanks for the help with the bulbs guys, Yeah i just want them too look whiter is all, I dont like the yellowish look of the stock lights, But i did get an amp sub and new head unit in today, I took out the spare tire and put a 12 in the trunk, Turned out really nice did everything my self.
If you do end up getting those bulbs, make sure to take a pic with one of them and a stock one in the light against a garage door or wall to see how much difference it makes. Hell, in your Z they might actually improve visibility as well as color.

Quick Reply: cruise control