Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Did your friend do this to your new Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 11:43 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U sually if someone is getting in my car I do tell them a couple of things that "I Would Prefer" them to do. Sometimes it's just a matter of HOW you tell them so they don't take offense.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:52 AM
jbjam02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All my friends know im quite **** about my car hehe.. and "shrug" if they are your friends they will respect your feelings; just tell them DUDE like dont place stuff on my car.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:08 PM
350zroadster

Well I took my new car to Circuit City to have a new alarm installed. It wasn't sensitive enough and I showed it the installer by lightly hitting the wheel well with my palm. The guy was suprised and asked if I didn't like my car and when I took a closer look there was a slight dent. I didn't know that's was all it took to dent a car. (oh yeah, alarm didn't go off)

I miss my old saturn that had plastic body. Didn't have a single dent.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:24 PM
crayons

I remember a year ago when my friend got his brand new Acura RSX Type S. I was so careful with that car.. everytime I got in it and out of it, I made sure that my feet never touched anything other than the floor mats or the concrete outside the car. Even when I took off my seat belts, I made sure that the metal clip never hit the door panels when it was being pulled back into the slot. He's one of my best friends and I treated that car as if it was my own.

When I finally get my 350z in November, I'm sure he'll do the same .

Originally posted by over-Zealous1
i think most people that do crap like this are only the ones that are jealous because they can't afford or not into cars enough to spend the money on them. they feel that getting a rise out of you will some how make them feel better about themselves.
Sad, but probably true. All of my friends (and their friends) are pretty cool so hopefully I won't encounter any of this antagonism.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:07 PM
SweatyPalm

The more I think about this guy, may be he's not really a good friend. I remember when he got his new Accura Integra I was always very careful with the car. I dusted my shoes before I step into the car. At one time he yelled at me for shutting the door too hard. I was like WTF? I didn't slam the door....it was just a light touch. probably because he was still inside when i shut the door. There were several occasions, he asked me to get off the car because there's a high bumper ahead...he didn't want to scratch the bootom of the car.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:56 PM
SharpST77

ppl are jealous and being *********...

im extremely careful with ppl's properties, because i dont want to ruin it or anything...but then you got friends who treats it like dirt because it isnt theirs...

if i get a Z..i dont think ill even let some ppl get near it...
Old 09-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Dissolved

im getting pissed reading all this. Next person that ******* lets the seatbelt go too fast, lets their feet hit the kick guard, hits the hazard button or plays with my god damn vents will be KILLED

Motherfcuker

Last edited by Dissolved; 09-28-2003 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 03:01 PM
momentum

Guys, you got to realize most people don't look at cars they way we do, To them, it's only something that will take them from point A to point B. To us, it's something we treasure and will do just about anything to keep it in its original pristine condition inside and out for as long as possible.

I, too, have had friends, and family too, play around with every little thing that seems to tickle their fancy. I have now come to the conclusion and position that nobody, absolutely nobody, not even my wife or kids, touches my car except me.

What I worry though are those auto mechanics.....darn it, I can't win.....
Old 09-28-2003, 04:10 PM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by momentum
I have now come to the conclusion and position that nobody, absolutely nobody, not even my wife or kids, touches my car except me.

What I worry though are those auto mechanics.....darn it, I can't win.....
I totally agree. You go girl! j/k
Old 09-28-2003, 06:42 PM
IMAZLPR

well depends on how hard he's pushing down, if way too hard, the rear will have a small dent. and also depends on where he's pushing it down. hallow, will definitely dent the rear. and hell no im not letting anyone putting ***** on top of my car, just like everyone else doesnt want you to.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:16 PM
d8abusa

You know if NISSAN used quality paint (LIKE THEY USED TO) we would not be getting tweaked about our narcissusistic effort to preserve our car's finish.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:58 AM
fairladyz33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should've seem when my friend put a big dent in this other friend's RX7 door!

and the time he buffed the guy's car paint off, that was freakin hilarious.