Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Fu**in Furious!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 08:29 AM
ariZona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fu**in Furious!!!!

This world is full of GOD DAMN IDIOTS!!! For 9 months now, I have told my dealership NOT to put the dealership sticker on the back or to add the front license plate bracket. Well, even though my salesman and the sales manager told the service manager NOT to put on the front license plate bracket yesterday when the car arrived, somehow they still fu**ed it up and put on the front bracket! I will not be picking up my car for another 3 hours or so, but I went by this morning with the intent to make sure they didnt jack it up, but I was already too late!

Well, needless to say, I have already talked (well, more or less screamed and bitched at) to the owner, the sales manager, my salesman, and the service manager, and they have already ordered a new whole front bumper piece. It should arrive in 4 days, but now I have to worry about fit and finish (ie will the color match exactly? Will the new bumper fit in place like it was the original piece of the car? And will it arrive already painted, or will the yahoos down here have to try to color match it?). Obviously, they are paying for it all, but it kinda put a serious dent in my excitement of picking up my new Z (it still looks SUPERSWEET, though).

ZISME or YELOGTO, can you tell me if the bumper will arrive already painted exactly to match? My dealership owner promises if not it will match EXACTLY if they have to paint it, but I have seen many a bumper or new piece that doesn't 100% match. Please let me know.

BOTTOM LINE: DON'T ASSUME, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE TOLD THEM A MILLION TIMES, THAT THE IDIOTS AT THE DEALERSHIP WILL DO WHAT YOU ASK/TELL THEM TO. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, BE THERE WHEN THE TRUCK ARRIVES AND BE THERE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE TO ENSURE YOU DON'T GET SCREWED AS WELL. GOOD LUCK!

ariZona

Old 08-28-2002, 08:45 AM
rep15

Sounds like you dealership has done everything you could expect to make up for their error. My hat's off to them. Communication problems occur and always will. Sorry it had to happen this way for you.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:47 AM
ariZona

Angry I wasn't the only one!

Oh, by the way, there is also a Chrome Silver 350Z at my dealership as well - the guy who pre-ordered it lives in the Scottsdale-Phoenix area (about 3 hours away), and is also supposed to be coming down today to get his car.

GUESS WHAT? He also told them NOT to put on the front license plate bracket, and they still fu**ed up and put it on his as well. Lets just say that my dealership is 0-2 for new Z customer satisfaction. I bet this guy is just as furious when he arrives, especially after his long drive - hopefully I am there when he gets there - there is strength in numbers, no?

ariZona
Old 08-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Alang

For those that are concerned about this (I was really **** about it with my dealer), arrange to be present for the PDI. Tell the dealer to do NOTHING to the car until you get there, and then talk with the person doing the PDI and tell them exactly what you want. This is what I did. My dealer was very supportive. I was even allowed to be the one to drive the car to get hte tank filled. It will mean spending several hours at the dealership waiting for all the stuff to be completed, but the peace of mind is well worth it.

BTW, when I got to the dealership, in spite of the many phone calls and emails regarding the license bracket, the PDI guy was not told anything about it. I made sure he was aware of what I wanted, and all went well.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:12 AM
ariZona

Alang, I would have done the same thing, but I was in Ohio yesterday for business, and didn't get in until late last night. Some of you might think I got my panties in a bunch over nothing, but when your brand new $40,000 car (including taxes, Navi and stuff) gets messed up from minute 1, it doesn't put a very good taste in your mouth. So like alang said, try to be there if at all possible to make sure nothing goes wrong - I would have, but suffered from bad timing and horrible communication at the dealership. As I said, the car STILL ROCKS, but the excitement has been tainted - after all, had I not raised so much hell this morning, its possible the dealership might have tried to let it slide. Yes, they are doing everything they can to fix the situation and I commend them for it, it still sucks it had to happen in the first place. When those of you who haven't gotten yours yet, you will understand when you arrive and see your beautiful ride sitting on the lot. Hell, people return hamburgers because the guy puts the wrong condiments on em - should I feel any less about the perfection of my 40,000 Whoppers?
Old 08-28-2002, 09:22 AM
zPilott

Sorry to bring it up, but I thought that Arizona doesn't require a front plate.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:27 AM
ariZona

They don't, thats what makes it so bad. It would be one thing if I was in California or where ever and it was mandatory or something, but since there is no law for a front license plate here, there is also no reason to screw up a new sports car just because you want to put your little dealership piece of cardboard in the bracket. And right now, as I said, there are 2 brand new 350Zs and a brand new Honda S2000 here that have all be defaced for no good reason, especially when they were asked not to......
Old 08-28-2002, 09:27 AM
jgrier

ariZona,
Sorry to hear about that man, but relax, you WILL not be able
to tell. The paint is as fresh as it gets and there will be no problem matching the paint since it's brand new. Don't let this mess up your joy of picking up the badest car in the land for the money. Your lucky your car is in! Congrats! But that is bogus? And screwed up the next guy's too? That dude should be fired!
Old 08-28-2002, 09:35 AM
ariZona

Default Thanks everyone!

I knew why I liked this site so much more than the others. People here have more understanding and love for the car and what it means to its owners - its not just another car, for christs sakes, its a new Z! I am sure everything will turn out just fine, and I know people make mistakes and all (including me), but I was just hoping it wouldn't happen to me and my car. Spilled milk and all, not worth crying over, but if I can save just one other Z owner from having to go through this bs, then my posts have been worth it. I still love the car, and appreciate all my dealership is doing to rectify the situation. Thanks for your understanding and support.

ariZona
Old 08-28-2002, 09:37 AM
padam07

Default It might be different.

Not to make you pissed off more but factory paint is one ofthe best finishes that you can get on a car. It might look the same now but say 2 years down the road it mike look different. I don't think you should replace it just because personally i think it will be different. Get a nice Z plate in the front if you don't change the bumper cover. Aftermarket paint is not as good unless you have a real pro do it and I don't think there will be any real pros painting at a dealership.

Just my 2 cents.
Adam
Old 08-28-2002, 09:39 AM
netviper

stop complaining take the car and be happy. it looks better with a licence plate
Old 08-28-2002, 09:41 AM
abz123

It'll prolly be factory paint.....like with the spoiler and splash guards...don't sweat it....

States that require only a rear license plate :

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virgin Islands, West Virginia, Alberta, Quebec, Manitoba (New plates are front/back in 1997), Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Yukon Territory
Old 08-28-2002, 09:48 AM
ariZona

Default Looks better?

Netviper, I think you will have a hard time convincing anyone here on this site that the car looks better with a front license plate.

Anyway, would you expect anyhing else from Beavis (aka Cornholio)? He's always getting worked up about something - you know, tee pee (for the bunghole), chicken picata, front license plate brackets.........
Old 08-28-2002, 10:17 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Angry Re: Fu**in Furious!!!!

Originally posted by ariZona
This world is full of GOD DAMN IDIOTS!!! For 9 months now, I have told my dealership NOT to put the dealership sticker on the back or to add the front license plate bracket. Well, even though my salesman and the sales manager told the service manager NOT to put on the front license plate bracket yesterday when the car arrived, somehow they still fu**ed it up and put on the front bracket! I will not be picking up my car for another 3 hours or so, but I went by this morning with the intent to make sure they didnt jack it up, but I was already too late!

Well, needless to say, I have already talked (well, more or less screamed and bitched at) to the owner, the sales manager, my salesman, and the service manager, and they have already ordered a new whole front bumper piece. It should arrive in 4 days, but now I have to worry about fit and finish (ie will the color match exactly? Will the new bumper fit in place like it was the original piece of the car? And will it arrive already painted, or will the yahoos down here have to try to color match it?). Obviously, they are paying for it all, but it kinda put a serious dent in my excitement of picking up my new Z (it still looks SUPERSWEET, though).

ZISME or YELOGTO, can you tell me if the bumper will arrive already painted exactly to match? My dealership owner promises if not it will match EXACTLY if they have to paint it, but I have seen many a bumper or new piece that doesn't 100% match. Please let me know.

BOTTOM LINE: DON'T ASSUME, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE TOLD THEM A MILLION TIMES, THAT THE IDIOTS AT THE DEALERSHIP WILL DO WHAT YOU ASK/TELL THEM TO. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, BE THERE WHEN THE TRUCK ARRIVES AND BE THERE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE TO ENSURE YOU DON'T GET SCREWED AS WELL. GOOD LUCK!

ariZona

I feel your pain bro'! That is un and inexcusible, PERIOD! Your car, your options, your word, PERIOD! And I will add, to those of you who may think, "Well, I already told my dealer." I suggest you keep on telling them, and possibly paying them a visit to refresh their memory! Cause' unfortunately, I do not give "The benefit of the doubt" on instances/purchases like this! Be it that my sales manager has ordered one, and he too doesn't go for the front plates, and is the "Z Coordinator" (called in to handle unloading and placement of the Z's) he specifically said, "Every Z will be unloaded and put up out of sight, and the owner will be contacted immediately." THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
Otherwise I'd have to go up there like this..............
Old 08-28-2002, 02:28 PM
TCL

Default Re: It might be different.

Originally posted by padam07
Not to make you pissed off more but factory paint is one ofthe best finishes that you can get on a car. It might look the same now but say 2 years down the road it mike look different. I don't think you should replace it just because personally i think it will be different. Get a nice Z plate in the front if you don't change the bumper cover. Aftermarket paint is not as good unless you have a real pro do it and I don't think there will be any real pros painting at a dealership.

Just make sure they add a flex agent to the paint. I had a bumper done and it looked as good or better than the rest of the paint and was quite durable.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:29 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude.... chill! It's just a car. It's not worth having a conniption over At least you got your car; some of us here will be waiting until late September or worse-
Old 08-28-2002, 06:29 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Arizona, I am a huge fan of Beavis and Butthead. I have every episode on tape and The Great Cornholio was my favorite.

Hello from Dr. Beavis

Uhhhhh, Hi, I'm Dr. Beavis.....I'm gonna have to ask you to take off all your clothes.......or something
Attached Thumbnails Fu**in Furious!!!!-drbeavis.jpg