Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Cops shoot 350z driver after car chase

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Doc has 50 coats now. And he drinks the Z7.
Yeah, I "snapped" a LONG time ago. Don't worry folks, it wasn't me. Besides, with 50 layers of Zaino, my car is bulletproof anyway.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:48 PM
350zroadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Yeah, I "snapped" a LONG time ago. Don't worry folks, it wasn't me. Besides, with 50 layers of Zaino, my car is bulletproof anyway.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:04 PM
jimster716

Originally posted by ajk4
are u serious? i know there are a lot of insensitive people on this board, but jeez!! i know people will say "but he tried to run over a cop", but still no one deserves to die. im not saying its okay to run over a cop or even attempt to, but the guy is dead, so try and have a little bit of compassion.
compassion for some POS who goes on a high speed chase? have you seen some of these accidents caused by people like this...and over here in socal, its all too common an occurrence like the chase that ended up with a toddler losing his arm last year due to a collision. i have no compassion for anybody willing to run a red light at 75mph+ on a city street.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:39 AM
350zroadster

Originally posted by jimster716
compassion for some POS who goes on a high speed chase? have you seen some of these accidents caused by people like this...and over here in socal, its all too common an occurrence like the chase that ended up with a toddler losing his arm last year due to a collision. i have no compassion for anybody willing to run a red light at 75mph+ on a city street.

meh, we all do some crazy things sometimes in our lives. I was stupid enough to bring a hunting knife and BB gun to school. I don't think I'm better than others, but I try to make up for it when I'm an EMT and developing biomedical products.

I think he should be prosecuted, fined, jailed, punished, and have it in his record, but I don't think he should die from it.

Last edited by 350zroadster; 10-04-2003 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:32 AM
fairladyz33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the bad thing is that, no one will never know what happened...when accidents happen, it happens quick, and not many people remember exactly the details, because you are too busy tryin to figure out what's goin on and try to think what to do next for your own good.

cops are not always right, they are humans too...I 've had very bad experiences with cops...a lot of them are just very judgemental. they have mistaken me for someone else that was racing...and threatened me to put me in jail and everything...it comletely ruined my day afterwords.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:21 PM
KONVERTER

that Z was an automatic...

not a true Z driver... but a poser... heh
Old 10-04-2003, 02:01 PM
JimH

Default Say whaaaat?

Gee, all this time I thought I was a true Z driver... Yup, 40,000 miles in my Z and now I don't know what to call myself when I drive it.

Oh, btw, how many miles have you as a "true Z driver?"

Surely I don't have to put on some stupid headgear in order to be a "true Z driver" like you? Ohhhh, now I get it, just change transmissions to the kind YOU USE and I can be admitted into the fraternity?

Poser, indeed.

Jim

Originally posted by KONVERTER
that Z was an automatic...

not a true Z driver... but a poser... heh
Old 10-04-2003, 02:06 PM
ajk4

dont worry jim, konverter got ran off of 350zmotoring.com for sending a senior member a virus.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:11 PM
JimH

Thanks, ajk4. I just get a little hot when I see comments like that among fellow Z owners... I s'pose I am now in line to recieve a "gift" from him too?
Again, thx for putting up w/my rant. Regards, Jim
Old 10-04-2003, 02:45 PM
KONVERTER

Originally posted by ajk4
dont worry jim, konverter got ran off of 350zmotoring.com for sending a senior member a virus.
i never sent any one a virus... and we spoke and he relized it wasnt me or any one sending it delibretly ...

maybe i used the wrong words... gee wizz.. sorry... i have been in la for 3 days (just got back after being away frommy z for almost a month) and im too sick to even get out of bed.. and i have to leave again in a few days...

im too drugged up.. haha..

but any way.. it was an automatic.. who cares if you have an automatic or stick.. i dont care..

ive put 15000 miles on my z since april when i got it... it was in the shop for a little more then a month plus i have also been out of town for weeks at a time..
Old 10-04-2003, 02:47 PM
KONVERTER

by the way...

my comment was towards the idiot who this thread was about...

i doubt any of us have as little common sence as him to speed away from cops and then drive into them and get our selvse killed...

any one who does stupid things like that in a Z i have anger towards because those are reasons that younger people (24 and under) have such high insurance rates when the people who get screwed because of other peoples stupidity are actually nice people and dont do stupid crap like the others who ruin it for all of us...
Old 10-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Dissolved

by the way...

my comment was towards the idiot who this thread was about...

i doubt any of us have as little common sence as him to speed away from cops and then drive into them and get our selvse killed...

any one who does stupid things like that in a Z i have anger towards because those are reasons that younger people (24 and under) have such high insurance rates when the people who get screwed because of other peoples stupidity are actually nice people and dont do stupid crap like the others who ruin it for all of us...
Tell us how you really feel

I think the reason we have higher insurance is due mostly to all the little ****s that race up and down residential areas like they're SCCA racers. Not necessarily running etc..
Old 10-04-2003, 06:29 PM
breakerboy

I'm sorry to hear that this happened, I wonder if he ever posted on our boards..I'm not sure if anyone cares..but maybe a mod could do a search?
Old 10-05-2003, 02:27 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Since there's plenty of compassion to go around, how about some for the cop who had to shoot the guy to protect his own life? That guy doesn't have an easy job.

As for the thing about automatics, there are exceptions to rules, and JimH and Marilyn are just one of them! Sure, an automatic Z seems kind of strange to me, too, but not half as strange as a guy with an octopus on his head!
Old 10-05-2003, 03:43 AM
KONVERTER

hey now.. its just some Oakley head gear
Old 10-05-2003, 05:47 AM
350zroadster

Originally posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
Since there's plenty of compassion to go around, how about some for the cop who had to shoot the guy to protect his own life? That guy doesn't have an easy job.

As for the thing about automatics, there are exceptions to rules, and JimH and Marilyn are just one of them! Sure, an automatic Z seems kind of strange to me, too, but not half as strange as a guy with an octopus on his head!

yes, there should be enough compassion to go around. Cops who shoot and kill suspects tend to suffer depression/stress for next year or so.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:47 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: Cops shoot 350z driver after car chase

Originally posted by cobrasak
Here is the story if anyone is interested. I am just curious what the guys motives were?
The Story
The loss of life is always trageic...Especially not knowing what the person was thinking/motive.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:51 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

hey now.. its just some Oakley head gear
Actually I too have often wondered what EXACTLY is that you are wearing?

Do you drive around with that on?
Old 10-05-2003, 09:45 AM
myinfinitig20

im sure the cops exagerated the story..honestly its not that hard to get away from a car when its accelerating from a complete stop. ****ing cops shouldnt have guns..thats my thing. poor guy got ****ed over by society twice..not getting his job, and getting killed
Old 10-05-2003, 09:46 AM
myinfinitig20

oh yea i have an auto and i didnt appreciate the comments...

Quick Reply: Cops shoot 350z driver after car chase