Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Z is now in SEATTLE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 07:33 AM
sunsetman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Seattle Z received, dad is doing well

Bob, I was the new Z owner at Lynnwood receiving the Lemans Z. I have to apologize to the forum for not getting some pics and a review up. Honesty, the biggest problem has been dealing with the crowds this car draws at work is interfering with my free time. Plus, I'm still catching my breath as this car lives up to its hype. That is something I didn't think was possible. I will drive down to Marymoore Park this Saturday the 31st around 2 in the afternoon if any you Seattle Z fans are interested in checking it out. More to come later.

Sunsetman
Old 08-30-2002, 08:01 AM
rep15

Sunsetman,

I will be a Marymoor Park to see "our" beautiful color. I have never seen or sat in the Z so I am quite excited about seeing it. So you were the guy buying the car at Lynnwood Nissan when I called and talked to Ray. I must admit I was angry that you picked it up so fast. Were you excited? Anyhow, where are you going to be at Marymoor?

Do you live in Seattle or out here in Redmond? I have my practice at the Redmond Medical Center.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:19 AM
Kurt

I went up to Lynnwood last night to see the 2 silver Zs they had in (and it was my first time seeing it!).

I don't honestly know if it makes my 9/28 delivery easier or harder to take!!!

Couple comments:

It's amazing to me that even though I've spent hours looking at pictures, building the model, etc. but was still a bit surprised by the actual scale of the car. I love it.

Other small details that were interesting (not good or bad, but just thought I'd bring them up
1) I thought the taillights would be bigger than they actually are
2) I thought the exterior door handles would be smaller - they're pretty good size chunks of aluminum!
3) This is an awesome looking car
Old 08-30-2002, 09:20 AM
integraowner

Default sunsetman

I wanted to check out your lemans sunset, since you got the same options as I did (only difference is I chose silverstone color)..

Too bad I need to visit family in the Tri-Cities this weekend or I'd meet y'all at Marymoor..

I think it's great that we have at least a few Z's on the road here in the Seattle area. I'm hoping my car comes a few days early as well and I'll be joining you on the road next week!
Old 08-30-2002, 01:33 PM
darrensi

I would love to see your Le Mans up close. I am still debating on which color to get and because so many of them are metallic paints its hard to get a good idea of what they really look like from photos!

Whereabouts in Marymoor are you planning to show off
Old 08-30-2002, 01:42 PM
rep15

Originally posted by darrensi
I am still debating on which color to get and because so many of them are metallic paints its hard to get a good idea of what they really look like from photos!
darrensi, are you interested in a pre-order? Brickyard or Sunset? If so email me. bob@RobertParrishDDS.com
Old 08-30-2002, 02:05 PM
sunsetman

Default marymoore location

I will try to find some pavement near the rock climbing/velodrome area. You have to see the Sunset color in person. It is like 3+ colors in one depending on the lighting. Coolest of all, is when the sun in near setting, the angle of the light makes the car glow. Nissan did a superb job in picking the paint quality, I don't know if they changed vendors or what.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:05 PM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Nissan of Fife

Originally posted by darrensi
The comments I'm hearing about the dealership in Fife are moving towards going the extra distance to order a Z through them rather than dealing with the more local dealers like NW Nissan.

Any word on what the spec the unspoken Z's at Fife are?
I
Ididn't ask what models and colors they were, you could call and ask for Steve: he is the new car fleet sales manager....I will be there on wednesday to pick up my car, I will ak him the details and relay the info here. I cannot stress how refreshing it has been to deal with theses folks, even when I felt frustrated and angry they worked with me and came up with true answers. I know they were alloted 11 cars and they will be ordering more as soon as they sell all these preorder cars. I was told by them only and I called at least 12 dealers in the greater seattle I 5 corridor and all wanted more money down(nonrefundable) and between $2500.00 to $5000.00 down and all were asking over MSRP ...from $3000.00 over to $10,000.00 over ..all were a bunch of snakes....only Nissan of fife said they would never sell any car on their lot for over MSRP. So obviously I bought my car there...I know other members of this forum have been pleased too. It is an hour from my house and I am seriously having my service done there too because of their attention to detail and their honesty. Good luck, I hope you can get a car soon

Last edited by marcZZZ; 08-30-2002 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:12 PM
marcZZZ

Default Miles on new cars at Nissan of Fife

The three cars at Nissan of Fife had 10, 11, and 17 miles on them when they arrived at the dealership. Remember they came to seattle by boat, then by train to portland and then trucked to the dealership. steve told me they would probably put less them 1 mile on the new cars doind the PDI. I am sorry to hear of the 28 on your car DL johnson
Old 08-31-2002, 01:11 PM
Da Gimp

Default Ordered, baby!

Went down to Nissan of Fife today, looked at the 3 Zs and talked to Steve. While I was there the guy that pre-ordered the silverstone Z was picking it up with his girlfriend and they both had giant grins. The sound when they started it up and drove it out of the showroom was really nice.

Long story short, I put down my deposit and ordered a Daytona Blue Enthusiast

Can't wait.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:05 PM
Seattle_350Z

marcZZZ, I was and Nissan of Fife again today. I must missed Da Gimp and the people picking up the Silverstone by an hour. Those people were from Oregon. Steve was kind enough to show me the inside of the PPW Z. Well here the latest scoop: my Z is in transit with one more Z (probably marcZZZ). Steve even show me the paper work showing in Transit, here's the supprise....expected delivery MONDAY....car should be prep and ready to go on TUESDAY. I what Steve was telling me.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:09 PM
marcZZZ

Default Seattle_350Z, so our cars could be here monday?

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe our cars may arrive on monday...do you have to trade in a car or are you getting a ride down there? I am going to be trading in my 90 300Zx. I won't be back in town until monday. I hope it is a nice day on tuesday....maybe I'll see you down there or if you want to hitch a ride I'll drive ya down there..I have the whole week off so any time would be good..opps I forgot , I have a DR appt at 9:30 tuesday AM, I had thought my car wouldn"t arrive until wednesday. Keep me posted and I hope it is our cars...Aren't you car #5?

Last edited by marcZZZ; 09-01-2002 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:08 PM
Seattle_350Z

I stopped by the dealer today and all there Zs are now gone from Fife. The truck didn't make their delivery today (Monday). Hopefully tomorrow....and I hope it doesn't rain. If it does....I might just leave it there until it stop raining. Yes, I'm 5th on the list. I'm going to keep a 94 Legend for a beater car plus it can carry 4 people...it might come in handy. I already got the check from peoplefirst.com....it's all ready to go....just waiting for the good news.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:34 PM
rep15

Originally posted by Seattle_350Z
....and I hope it doesn't rain. If it does....I might just leave it there until it stops raining.
You mean until next July? It's really Ok if it gets wet. I hear the 350Z is waterproof.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:06 PM
marcZZZ

Default Seattle_350z,thanks so much

Originally posted by Seattle_350Z
I stopped by the dealer today and all there Zs are now gone from Fife. The truck didn't make their delivery today (Monday). Hopefully tomorrow....and I hope it doesn't rain. If it does....I might just leave it there until it stop raining. Yes, I'm 5th on the list. I'm going to keep a 94 Legend for a beater car plus it can carry 4 people...it might come in handy. I already got the check from peoplefirst.com....it's all ready to go....just waiting for the good news.
Thanks so much for keeping me posted on the Nissan of fife info, just arrived back in town, not too surprised, but alittle disappointed that trhe truck did a no show. The same thing happened last week when the other 3 were delivered. I will wax my old Z tomarrow in anticipation for the big day....looks like rain for the next couple of days , but nice this weekend. I am really not worried about driving it in the rain, it isn't the rain it is the road conditions and I know I will be alittle nervous driving her home.....it has been a long time since I have purchased a new car and this car has been so exciting and special to me. It is just that the morons that will stare at the car may get alittle too close for comfort and if this car has alot of power..beween the wide tires and the HP..I can see myself really being a wreak in the one hour drive home, especially if it is rush hour. Oh well I'd best give it a rest until tomarrow..really hope to see you down there . I think it is funny that you are car #5, and I am car #4.I too have my heck ready to go and I was born ready for the delivery date...the real excitment hasn't kicked in yet..just wait til I get THE call and I am on my way down there.YIPPEE
Old 09-02-2002, 07:18 PM
marcZZZ

Default Rep15

I didn't know you were a dentist, I am in the same line of work, but a dental hygienist...still love my work after all these years. currently work in woodinville..love it there. Seems alot of my friends in the field are car nuts too. When did you say your car was coming? Gosh I sure hope that the longshoreman problem doesn't screw up delivery for you folks that are waiting for your cars in late sept. and Oct. that would be sooo horrible.Hopefully my car will arrive tommarrow or wednesday..whatever day I am ready. Oh BTW what did you think of sunsets car in person..I still haven't seen one in person yet or on the road.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:34 PM
rep15

Marczzz. Yes I am a dentist. I have several of your wonderful profession working in my office, of course, but none that are ordering a 350Z.

I thought the color LeMans Sunset was stunning, a beacon that I am sure will draw stares. It is a color that a new owner must prepared himself for being the center of attention. Wow, it really shows off the car's lines with an amazing flair. It was nice meeting Sunsetman - a great guy - who, by the way, works in Bothel. Quite a close knit group we have. I hope you have read the "Sunset in Seattle" thread with his comments of the car and a couple of my digital images also.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:52 PM
marcZZZ

Default No VIN on nissandriven.com yet

seattle_350Z, didn't see any VINS or cars at Nissan of Fife on nissandriven.com at 9:00PM on monday sept 2nd, I hope our cars show up tomarrow on the site. Good night all.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:53 PM
integraowner

Default me too!

Hey, Marczzz and rep15, can you toss a little luck my way and have my Z arrive this week too? (ETA 9/12, NW Nissan).

Have either of you seen a Z driving around town yet? I haven't. In fact, I haven't yet seen one in person period.

Good luck you guys, let us know when you take delivery!
Old 09-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Seattle_350Z

Just talked to STEVE....no delivery truck yet 9/3. He promised me me he would call when the truch pull in.

Quick Reply: The Z is now in SEATTLE!!!!