Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Delivery in Jersey!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 11:18 AM
evicid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery in Jersey!!!

I'm on my way to my dealer in Mt. Holly, NJ to pick up my Chrome Silver Touring. Kinda sucks that it's raining right now, but oh well. I just can't wait to get it. I'll tell you more about it later.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:45 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Bravo, my New Jersey brother. I hope you enjoy it. Stay off the Driscoll bridge with it, and try not to cause any whiplash on your way home!!!

Old 08-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Zrated

Thumbs up

Nice! Thats encouraging maybe my car will be here around labor day. Enjoy
Old 08-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evicid-
Congrats! I checked the inventory in Mt. Holly and there wasn't anything listed. Good luck with it, and be sure to post some pics! Think you could stop by Haddonfield on your way home? Congratulations!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:17 PM
J Ritt

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I've been pretty cool about the wait until now, but I think i'm losing it!!!! I got my loan check yesterday, and I sold my old car on Sunday...all my ducks are in a row...I'm ready for it! Now I'm going away for the weekend, and praying that it doesn't show up while I'm gone (which it probably will).

Congrats!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:19 PM
evicid

Well I just got back after driving it around for the evening. I put on about 75 miles. Not bad for an evening. Most of that was spent going up 295 though.

Here are my impressions:

People talked about the interior looking cheap. I couldn't disagree more. Granted it's not Infiniti quality interior, but it's damn nice. I got the leather and the bose because it's a Touring model, and I must say it looks and feels really nice.

The view. I didn't really have any problems with the view. The only problem I have been having is with my temporary license tag. In Jersey they give you these stickers that hang from the window. Which is really annoying. I wish they would make ones like license plates like PA does. Well, it's hanging and covering one half of the back window. Luckily the side mirrors work great. Without the sticker there, I would say the visibility is pretty reasonable considering this is a sports car afterall. Also, I could see where if you were taller it might be a problem seeing out the back window. I'm only 5'6", so I was at perfect height.

The bathtub feeling isn't all that bad. You can't rest your arm out the window, but that's fine with me.

Sorry I don't have any pics right now. It was raining all day so they wouldn't have been too good anyway. I'll have to wait til the weekend when I'm at the shore. I'll get some pictures there. If you're in Ocean City, NJ over the weekend, and you see a Chrome Silver Touring......that'll be me.

To answer some of your posts.....

Jill - I just checked nissandriven.com for Mt. Holly's inventory and it was still there. I'm not sure why it wasn't for you. Make sure you have Touring selected as the type or no preference. Keeping checking that site for yours. Mine showed up on the database this morning, and I got a call this afternoon.

NSANY - Thanks for all of the info/pics of the cars in Newark. Without you guys I would have been totally in the dark about when it was coming in.

J Ritt / Zrated - Good luck. I hope yours come soon!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evicid-
Sounds like a good deal I checked the inventory site again and a lot more are showing up. Out of the 30 dealerships within 50 miles of me, only about 5 dont' have any listed, and one of those is mine - which stinks! I'm hoping by Monday I'll have a call. By the way, how is she in the rain? I know the roads were poopy today...so how'd she handle? Especially on 295, I travel that A LOT.. Thanks for the update!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:56 PM
evicid

Originally posted by ZGiRL
Evicid-
Sounds like a good deal I checked the inventory site again and a lot more are showing up. Out of the 30 dealerships within 50 miles of me, only about 5 dont' have any listed, and one of those is mine - which stinks! I'm hoping by Monday I'll have a call. By the way, how is she in the rain? I know the roads were poopy today...so how'd she handle? Especially on 295, I travel that A LOT.. Thanks for the update!
Jill-
She did quite well on her first day in nothing but rain. I didn't have any problems with it fish-tailing or spinning out. This is my first RWD car, so I was extra careful not to turn to fast or gun it to hard.

I'm quite familiary with 295 too. My parents live down in Marlton, and I live in Ewing right now, so it's pretty much a direct route from one to the other. My car's going to get pretty used to seeing that road.

Sorry to hear that your dealship got shafted on the first truckloads. You have your VIN, so it shouldn't be too far away. I know how hard it is to wait though. Believe me though, once you sit in it, you'll see it was totally worth it.

Good luck!

- Todd