2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just a quick fact about the Z and this forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 10:58 AM
havabooz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a quick fact about the Z and this forum

ive always wanted to say this and now i finally can

did u ever realize when ppl say that "pictures dont do it justce" they REALLY mean it

i really think that this happens with the Z only

but every piture that i see isnt (no matter how good) doesnt even compare to the car in real life

i am saing this now because i have been looking at every iforged aero picture on the site

i ordered the wheels thinkin "these are really nice"

when i kept seeing more and more picures i was worried about the wheels being too coservative

when i got the wheels and put them on i was like HOLY SH*T these are beautiful

anyway...this is a good thing cause anytime you make a mod based on someone elses car on this forum you wil be pleasantly surprised

carry on
Old 10-04-2003, 11:09 AM
350zroadster

It's because there's a limitation of 640 x 480 picture size. I think I can take the same size picture with my cell phone. I wish the admin who change from pixel limitation to a size limitation. People are linking large size/large pixel pictures anyway. It's not that much change in load to servers.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:35 AM
srobert910

Havabooz, I know exactly what you mean. When I got my Aeros a few months ago, it was like a night and day difference. People start really looking at your car more. Its like how it was last year when there were so few Z's on the road. I just think it changes the look of the car so much, most people that don't know cars ask me if it's a Porsche now. There's just some things that look so much better in person, and there are a few things that look better in pictures.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:20 PM
JPizzle

Default Re: Just a quick fact about the Z and this forum

Originally posted by havabooz

i ordered the wheels thinkin "these are really nice"

when i kept seeing more and more picures i was worried about the wheels being too coservative

when i got the wheels and put them on i was like HOLY SH*T these are beautiful

anyway...this is a good thing cause anytime you make a mod based on someone elses car on this forum you wil be pleasantly surprised

carry on
Attached Thumbnails Just a quick fact about the Z and this forum-worthless.gif  
Old 10-04-2003, 12:55 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the limit is not on linking, its on hosting it with the sites server. server space is not free, but the use of the site is. youll find VERY few sites NEAR this size offer any hosting privledges. if you can host it yourself, your free to link to any size picture you want.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:23 PM
stockjock

It sounds like you guys with the iForged Aeros are very happy with them. Did you consider other wheels before buying? If so, which ones and why did you decide on the Aeros?

Last edited by stockjock; 10-04-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:10 PM
havabooz

Originally posted by ares
the limit is not on linking, its on hosting it with the sites server. server space is not free, but the use of the site is. youll find VERY few sites NEAR this size offer any hosting privledges. if you can host it yourself, your free to link to any size picture you want.
i think you might have misunderstood me

i wasnt complaining bout te 640x480 limit...i was saying that ANY size pic isnt enough justice for the Z

i will have pics from the show later tonight ...i will start a new thread
Old 10-04-2003, 05:05 PM
shoalhaven

Hey havabooz--

Tell me more about your parking sensors, are they worth it, how much were they and how much??
Old 10-04-2003, 07:33 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

of course, your comparing 2d to 3d. Even movies don't do it justice.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:00 PM
ml2316

this is true of most cars in general. they look more impressive in person. seeing the light reflect off the paint on a brand new car--any car--is always more impressive than any picture of the car.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:36 PM
350zroadster

Originally posted by ares
I was the one who mentioned the hosting.

My point is pixel size limiting (i.e. 640 x 480) is really pointless to have to control bandwidth for hosting, since pixel sizes doesn't always correspond to bandwidth use as pictures can be compressed.

Pixel size limitation is useful if you don't want people to post enormous pictures that can distort the default page size. You already have 200 kbytes limitation which is kind of useless right now since gif/jpegs wouldn't reach that size at 640x480

So my recommendation is

1)Remove pixel size limitation
2)keep current or reduce maximum file size (to 100 kbytes)

This isn't criticism, complaint, or being petty. Just a suggestion to make the best 350Z board, better (atleast in my opinion)
Old 10-04-2003, 08:47 PM
JimH

Default Really?

I do try harder tho...

Originally posted by ml2316
this is true of most cars in general. they look more impressive in person. seeing the light reflect off the paint on a brand new car--any car--is always more impressive than any picture of the car.
Attached Thumbnails Just a quick fact about the Z and this forum-4967small.jpg  
Old 10-04-2003, 09:09 PM
ksj

I agree with making it a size limit instead of pixels. If you decide not to change it to a size limt then at least set it so 480x640 (portrait) pics can be posted.

Hey Jim, I rec'd my E-1 today! This thing is built like a tank and so far seems to take great images.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:22 PM
JimH

Default E-1

Originally posted by ksj
I agree with making it a size limit instead of pixels. If you decide not to change it to a size limt then at least set it so 480x640 (portrait) pics can be posted.

Hey Jim, I rec'd my E-1 today! This thing is built like a tank and so far seems to take great images.
Aaaaargh, now I'm really bummed No, but I'm a little bit envious I think. The main reason I've not popped for the E-1 (or any interchangable lens digital) yet is that I shoot in a very dusty environment here in Arizona that includes a lot of construction sites, desert, etc. and the dust on the imager problem has not yet been fixed to my satisfaction. Maybe the E-1 has done it? Secondly, I am waiting for user review(s) specifically on the E-1 as I am a dyed in the wool Oly user. Let me know and congratulations to you!
BTW, what camera are you coming from prior to the E-1? Regards, Jim
Old 10-04-2003, 11:57 PM
havabooz

i further stress my point after coming back from the import xpression show tonight
i saw mickys Z (version 3 kit) and dakings Z (ings kit)

and some others with a trial kit and another with a version 3 kit

boy were they amazing

i was representing too! ..oh yeh..and cniles CF Z was there too..all gorgeous...

my cameras flash sucked so the pictures came out bad...everyone else took shots so imwaiting for them to post tommorow...my car still has all the products on it so ill take pictures tommorow in the light
Old 10-05-2003, 01:58 PM
350zroadster

Default Re: Really?

Originally posted by JimH
I do try harder tho...
is that picture stretched?

Seems long enough to beat Porsche Carrera GT in contest of how low you can get the car to the ground.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:28 PM
JimH

Default Re: Re: Really?

Originally posted by 350zroadster
is that picture stretched?

Seems long enough to beat Porsche Carrera GT in contest of how low you can get the car to the ground.
He, he! No, not stretched, but dropped w/Eibachs and shot with a lens and perspective to emphasize the drop. Regards, Jim
Old 10-05-2003, 06:31 PM
ksj

Default Re: E-1

Originally posted by JimH
Maybe the E-1 has done it? Secondly, I am waiting for user review(s) specifically on the E-1 as I am a dyed in the wool Oly user. Let me know and congratulations to you!
BTW, what camera are you coming from prior to the E-1? Regards, Jim
Hi Jim,

I'm really pleased with it. I've put a few images up on DPreview. Mostly just playing with it so far, but it handles alot like my E-10, to answer your question about what I'm coming from.

Kevin
Old 10-05-2003, 08:56 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

that si definitely a high quality pic