ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 11:50 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to work

Just returned from a tour of the east coast and I would like to lend my kudos to Andy and Morris. You guyz put together a spectacular event. Marlene and I had a blast and look forward to seeing y'all next year.

Andy, would you please send (publisher@sportzmagazine.com) the list of the trophy winners so that we can honor them in the fall issue of Sport Z Magazine. Also, please remind your grand prize winner to send me some "action" high res images on a CD so that we can present his beautiful Z for all subscribers to see.

Andy and Morris, thank you for inviting us. It was an honor to meet you all.

Bob
Old 06-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Morris

Bob,

We really enjoyed meeting you as well. We owe a HUGE thanks to Sport Z Magazine. The event would not have been the same with you.

Also, please tell Marlene that we said thanks again for all the hard work at the show.

I will see Andy tomorrow, and if he has not seen your post I will let him know what you need.

Take care......
Old 06-07-2004, 03:53 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

My photo CD has just been sent Bob. See you next year!
Old 06-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Morris

Killboy.com is selling a CD of all the Z pics they took on the Dragon. I think it is 52 Zs and cost $25 plus shipping.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:18 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Morris
Bob,

We really enjoyed meeting you as well. We owe a HUGE thanks to Sport Z Magazine. The event would not have been the same with you.

Thank you Morris -- very kind words, I'm humbled. BTW, we'll do whatever we can to help in future ZDayZ events.

Also, please tell Marlene that we said thanks again for all the hard work at the show.

Will do. It'll take a few years for Marlene to totally understand Zness, but ZDayZ became a major factor in her learning curve.

I will see Andy tomorrow, and if he has not seen your post I will let him know what you need.

I received all the info from Andy and the CD from Dr. Bonz. I will call Brian Wilmont to request some "action photos" of his winning Z as well as a brief bio.

Hope y'all enjoy the write-up on ZDayZ in the upcoming fall issue.

Thought you would like to hear that Sport Z did very well at the just-concluded National Convention in SoCal. We almost did as well as ZDayZ selling our new T-shirts. We also sold out, but did not have as many to sell as you guys.

Mr. K was there and signed autographs and was his ususal gracious self. Three more Z Car Clubs joined our "Partener Clubs" program and it looks like we may have added 2 or 3 new sponsors.

I love this job.

Bob

Take care......
Old 06-21-2004, 02:25 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought you would like to hear that Sport Z did very well at the just-concluded National Convention in SoCal. We almost did as well as ZDayZ selling our new T-shirts. We also sold out, but did not have as many to sell as you guys.
Sounds like a good time... hope we can land a national convention in the southeast in the next couple of years.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by mcduck
Sounds like a good time... hope we can land a national convention in the southeast in the next couple of years.
New York gets it next year and from what I'm told, they're already well organized and off to a flying start (per Art Singer). With what I know of the clubs in the Carolina/Tennessee area, it won't be long before one of you guys will be appropriately awarded an upcoming convention. Promoting and planning a convention requires a lot of hard work and skill -- sounds a lot like ZDayZ!!! Piece a cake Andy.

Bob
Old 06-21-2004, 02:46 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
My photo CD has just been sent Bob. See you next year!
Looking forward to it Ed.

Bob
Old 06-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

New York gets it next year and from what I'm told, they're already well organized and off to a flying start (per Art Singer).
Where in NY and when may I ask?
Old 06-22-2004, 07:43 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default 2005 National Convention

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Where in NY and when may I ask?
Dr Bonz -- No hard info yet. Only know the process has already begun. I'm sure the details will be available soon.

Bob
Old 06-22-2004, 11:20 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by publisher
New York gets it next year and from what I'm told, they're already well organized and off to a flying start (per Art Singer). With what I know of the clubs in the Carolina/Tennessee area, it won't be long before one of you guys will be appropriately awarded an upcoming convention. Promoting and planning a convention requires a lot of hard work and skill -- sounds a lot like ZDayZ!!! Piece a cake Andy.

Bob
That would be nice having this convention here in Nashville. I just so happen to work for one of the largest Convention Hotels in the country that would be able to accomodate this type of convention.

Manny

Last edited by BlueDragonZ; 06-22-2004 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:56 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

That wouldn't happen to be the Grand Ol Opry hotel would it?

That place is amazing. I think Danimsta said he actually use to "live" there since his parents worked there or something like that.

That would be a really cool place to hold a convention.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:03 AM
mcduck

That would be nice having this convention here in Nashville. I just so happen to work for one of the largest Convention Hotels in the country that would be able to accomodate this type of convention.
Manny, you guys should really push for it. In the past two years, Nashville has hosted the 50th Anniv Corvette Rally and the 40th Anniv Mustang Rally... no offense to Zs, but I'm sure these pulled in far more cars than the national Z convention would. Plenty of space and facilities for the Z-car crowd!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:13 AM
VandyZ

Manny, you guys should really push for it. In the past two years, Nashville has hosted the 50th Anniv Corvette Rally and the 40th Anniv Mustang Rally... no offense to Zs, but I'm sure these pulled in far more cars than the national Z convention would. Plenty of space and facilities for the Z-car crowd!!!
I think we gave up the national convention a few years back . . .I hope they would overlook that. Other than that I think we are a favorable location for eastern travel.

Andy, would you be interested in helping if it ever does get awarded to our area again?

I think in order to make a strong push we need to participate in next years convention in full force. I don’t know anything about getting the bid, but I am sure Randy and Jim do. I guess we need to discuss this internally.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:48 AM
mcduck

I'd be happy to help, but I will say this up front.... I'm not a terribly big fan of ZCCA. I think the concept of the organization is good, but that the current state of ZCCA is poorly executed. Just my .02

That said, a national convention is not about ZCCA... it's about people who love Z-cars from all over the US coming together in one spot. So, yes, I would volunteer.

I may, by virtue of my sponsorships, participate in the national convention next year anyway. Depends on where it lands, but if we want to organize a group presence for it, I think we should get several clubs on board.

And not that I intend to have it become a national convention platform, but ZdayZ could be a stepping stone to show a large event can be pulled off in our area of the country. If you think about it, we really did set that up in a remote location instead of a metropolitan local. For a first year, unproven non-metro event, we drew 80 or so Z cars from 14 states!

If you guys bounce it around and decide to make a go of it, give me a call. Doug's got my number.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:12 AM
VandyZ

I'd be happy to help, but I will say this up front.... I'm not a terribly big fan of ZCCA. I think the concept of the organization is good, but that the current state of ZCCA is poorly executed. Just my .02
Feelings shared by many, I assure you.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:18 AM
randyshemin@comcast.

It would take a HUGE effort to do a National Convention here in Nashville (or anywhere else). I don't think that is an undertaking I would be interested in being involved in- too many people, details and politics.

They are great to attend though-the 1995 Atlanta convention was great.

I just don't think we have enough people who would help in trying to set one up, but if you guys think it's realistic, I'd need to hear alot more details.

I have no idea what is REALLY involved in the process of applying for the convention date, much less pulling it off if we were to get it.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:45 AM
pimp1911

Originally posted by VandyZ
Feelings shared by many, I assure you.
Dito.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:59 PM
mcduck

I just don't think we have enough people who would help in trying to set one up, but if you guys think it's realistic, I'd need to hear alot more details.
Well, as I said, I would help, but I'm not up for trying to organize it.

I'd rather focus on making ZDayZ THE annual southeast Z driving/car show (as opposed to car show/driving) event. As such, my organizational efforts are focused on it. We are already looking at working out a spring and a fall event ZdayZ event.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:17 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

The 2005 convention will be held in Syracuse, New York and the track events will be at Watkins Glen. The 2006 convention will be held in Dallas, Texas.

Bob

Quick Reply: ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread