2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Youngest Z Owner here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 05:42 PM
WayneTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, Toony.

Originally posted by Toony
I just turned 7 and picked mine up a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna change the rear wheels and install a radar detector and a new subwoofer, but other than that, I am very happy with it. Slight pull to the right, and a bit of a grind when I downshift to 3rd, but nothing I can't live with. Already pulling the hotties
Hey, Toony (or is that Loony Toony?)

You type really well for a 7 year old, too! That paper route came in real handy for earning $35k didn't it?

See 'ya!
WayneTN
Old 11-10-2002, 06:03 PM
Namagomi

Default Re: Hey, Toony.

Originally posted by WayneTN
Hey, Toony (or is that Loony Toony?)

You type really well for a 7 year old, too! That paper route came in real handy for earning $35k didn't it?

See 'ya!
WayneTN
you believe everything you see on the net, or what?
Old 11-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Toony

I am 5'2" (big for my age, I know) so seeing over the dash is no problem with the seat all the way forward. As far as being able to afford the car, yes, my parents did help me out with the down payment, but I am paying insurance and car payments out of the money that i embezzled from Enron when I did some consulting work for them last year (too young for a paper route).

Don't be so quick to flame people, I may be young, but that doesn't mean I don't deserve to have a Z...
Old 11-10-2002, 06:41 PM
RedComet

Default June 2, 1986

In Jersey, its 17 to drive, I will own a Z while I am 16, my 350Z will come between May 15-30, I was born on June 2, 1986. The order is in so I think I can say that I am indeed, the youngest Z owner here.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:44 PM
NissanJunkie

I am 17, probally not the yougest Z owner **** i dont take delivery for 2 months but... You know that guy in your highschool that has that bad *** ride? the one most people bring up to talk about cars in class, in 2 months oh yes i will be that guy, Lagest highschool in Tx and still i think i will be that guy
Old 11-10-2002, 08:19 PM
LiquidZee

Originally posted by NissanJunkie
I am 17, probally not the yougest Z owner **** i dont take delivery for 2 months but... You know that guy in your highschool that has that bad *** ride? the one most people bring up to talk about cars in class, in 2 months oh yes i will be that guy, Lagest highschool in Tx and still i think i will be that guy
....yea but can you drive it?

and I mean DRIVE it.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:25 PM
Danimsta

seems like ur getting the Z becuase you want to be "that guy" and not because you like the car.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by Ricky
LOL!!! You're a funny guy Too bad I am paying for it thogh :/ But its okay, I' been saving up my pennies for a few years now ;P.. and hey.. just because I sound like Elmo doesn't mean anything..
You started to save money since you were...? ....damn! something stinks in here!
Old 11-11-2002, 04:46 PM
Sabre

And you could be that guy that messes up a 30K car. Notoriety goes both ways.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:43 PM
Namagomi

Keep talking, and i'll be "That Guy" who drives up from Dallas to let the air out of your tires every few days.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:34 PM
MCCSpear231

Wow, I am having trouble breathing, I am suffocating in B.S. Well I am 17 and I don't have a Z. I have a 2003 1.8T GTI, and I am definately not complaining. No I did not pay for my car, neither did any of these other kids. There is no possible way for a teenager to get a real job and pay for a 10k plus car. Sorry boys and girls, just admit that daddy still whipes your A$$ because I will. I envy all of you that paid for your car with your own money; I hope that to be me someday. I am in the top 10% of my class, I have a job, but I still don't deserve my car. I am grateful, but I do not deseve it. I am not going to give you my story on how I am the greatest teenager on the face of the Earth, but these kids need to get off there pedestals of how they are Gods gift to us. Give me a break! My pops is looking to get a Z next spring, mabye he will let me get behind the wheel a couple of times. O one more thing, is there any Washington University Alum here that want to help a brotha out getting accepted?
Old 11-12-2002, 09:51 PM
BobbyBoy

Im 18 and the reality of me to pay for my own Z and insurance IS there. Yea I live at home with mommy, Yea she pays for my college, but yea half of school is already paid for in scholarships i earned.

Ive been working my heiney off for the last 2 years tossing pizza dough, so I can get the dough. I certainly dont think that i have been struggling but things havent been handed to me either. Im lucky that I am going to a good university and dont have to pay for it. Im lucky my parents gave me a ride to get to work and school. Im lucky i have a meal on the table each night and i still get christmas gifts.

My attire my insurance, my gas and everthing else is me. Luckily for me I understand the concept of money and saving so i have accumulated enough to be where i need to be to get the '04 Z (hehe i like that rhyme) Until then I have thousands of hours of menial work to do to join the ranks of Z owners. It can be done.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:56 PM
Namagomi

WTF? why isn't this thread dead yet?
(puts the last nail in the coffin)
Old 11-12-2002, 09:57 PM
someone

Originally posted by Zbart
How about REAL owners; those with their names on title/registration?

Heck i could say I got my wife pregnant last night and the Z is for the baby.
I'll be a real owner (buying it myself) but it wont be in my name for insurance reasons, so that's not reall fair
Old 11-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Jumpman--Z

There is no possible way for a teenager to get a real job and pay for a 10k plus car.
10K? Are you serious? No way is it that hard. I'm 17, and at least $5, 500 in the last half year. I plan to save $10k buy the end of this school year. I have a friend who payed the down payment for his Corolla, and makes most of the monthly payments. I wish I would have started saving in 9th grade, I probably would have enough to pay cash for a base model 350Z.

Although I wouldn't spend my savings on a car, a $10K car isn't that hard to save up for. I mean, that's about the least you can pay for a new car. Lots of kids do it. You can save it up in your first two years of high school, and then all you'd have t do is pay insurance. A 350Z would be a lot harder to pay for, but it's not impossible. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:18 PM
Ricky
Banned

Yeah I totally made this thread about a YEAR ago, someone brought it back to life!

And I am not the youngest, I think VQRacer is, and he has his Z already too.

Mines here, I pick it up Saturday, hopefully. WOOHOOO!
Old 11-13-2002, 12:38 PM
MCCSpear231

Default How do you figure?

I worked 40 hours a week over the summer, which is about 3 months and I made just over $2000 at $6.50. Do some of you not pay taxes? How did you make $5500 in a half year? Do you work 40 hours a week during school? I call BS again.

Last edited by MCCSpear231; 11-13-2002 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:01 PM
Jumpman--Z

Not all of my money comes from my job, I have other ways of making money. Yes, it's legal, but I'm not trying to help anyone out.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:06 PM
rep15

Originally posted by Ricky

Mines here, I pick it up Saturday, hopefully. WOOHOOO!
Ricky, you are getting the Z. I must have missed the change in plans. Well, good luck with it. I have mine and it is truly a wonderful automobile. You will enjoy it (even if you are only 12 years old). Sorry I couldn't resist

Quick Reply: Youngest Z Owner here?