Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

THMotorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:41 PM
jaspendlove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down THMotorsports

Just thought i would share my experience with them. I hope i put this in the right section.

The items i bought were for a 1991 300zxtt

I am sure that many have had good experience with them. I am just sharing mine.

here it is:

i ordered my stuff on the 11th of August. I told them up front that i have a big car show on the 12th of Sept and that I would need the items in time for install and the show.

i called thmotorsports to order a new clutch and plate. both from fidanza. they said that it would take 2 weeks to make then ship.

2 weeks passes by. i call them to make sure everything is good. they then tell me that it will ship the following Wednesday . i called fidanza to make sure that its good. since i have a relationship with them. they told me that it will be another week and a half. so i call thmotorsports and told them what fidanza told me.

the shipper calls his supplier and they said that they had it and that it would ship out yesterday. about 15 mins later, i get an email stating that the supplier was wrong and that they do not have it. here is the email they sent me --

"i apologize my vendor told me that he did not receive the parts and it would be another week, he offered to ship the insert only

so i recommend calling us ext 2 for ***** on 800-959-0145 as soon as possible to swap it for something that can be shipped immediately for you. again i apologize i feel bad that i found this news out after being told everything came in today and was ready to ship. please give ***** a call to have it swapped, the sales people will be much better at helping you out then i can."

so i called and talked to thmotorsports and ended up ordering a spec stage 3 clutch kit. they said that it would take a day to order and then ship.

well i get another email today. -

'i’m not sure if ***** told you but it’s a 2 day build time at spec so it won’t ship till friday or monday, my rep is telling me it can be overnighted for 100$ if

it’s urgent, spec is in ga and it’s about 3-4 days regular time from spec to utah.'

so i call them and tell them that this is pushing it close and that it may no even make it in time. they re-assured me that it would.

They ended up shipping the plate last week and i will get it tomorrow, but the clutch plate was shipped today. I was told that it would ship friday. It will show up on the 14th of Sept. That is after the car show that i told them that i needed it for.

thmotorsports has not been the best to work with.

now keep in mind. i ordered this the 11th of last month. i told them about the car show on the 12th and they gave me the time frames. with in those time frames, everything would have been fine.

if it was not for me, calling to double check on the items i ordered, i would have never heard from them.

very poor to work with
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

so the clutch adds like 15000 car show points?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM
jaspendlove

lol. the engine was rebuilt and i needed a new clutch and flywheel plate.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Sleepy79

thmotorsports sells stuff, they don't make stuff.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
vitaliko

Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk73
so the clutch adds like 15000 car show points?
That's not the point. He told them up front his deadline for whatever event it could have been. Any business that is trying to have good customer care should respect a customers request like that one. They have no way of measuring how much sentimental value it equates for the owner that's why. Also it adds 15000 points because it makes the car drivable, no?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:16 PM
jaspendlove

Originally Posted by Sleepy79

what does that have to do with anything?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
jaspendlove

Originally Posted by vitaliko
That's not the point. He told them up front his deadline for whatever event it could have been. Any business that is trying to have good customer care should respect a customers request like that one. They have no way of measuring how much sentimental value it equates for the owner that's why. Also it adds 15000 points because it makes the car drivable, no?
thank you. you got the point of it all
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sleepy79

Last edited by ALO8; 09-08-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

hopefully they made it up to you. i know when we're late on a shipment here, we give away a free carbon fiber engine bay cover or something of that nature as our apologies, even when its not our fault (as it sounds like in this situation; products from a supplier, out of their control). though i do not applaud them for you having to call multiple times.

i almost always hear good things about these cats, so id say they're still a good group to deal with
Old 09-08-2009, 05:09 PM
jaspendlove

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline

hopefully they made it up to you. i know when we're late on a shipment here, we give away a free carbon fiber engine bay cover or something of that nature as our apologies, even when its not our fault (as it sounds like in this situation; products from a supplier, out of their control). though i do not applaud them for you having to call multiple times.

i almost always hear good things about these cats, so id say they're still a good group to deal with
the clutch i ended up going with was $50 more. they wanted me to pay the full amount difference. They ended up splitting that amount. I understand that it was the suppliers issue, but they didn't follow through on there stuff and i was up front with my dead line. I would have order something different and sooner if it would have been a problem.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I've dealt with TH several times and never had a problem. Then again, I didn't order a special or custom part, all my stuff has been "everyday" parts.

As pointed out before, they don't make stuff then only resell it. They, like you are at the mercy of the supplier. They can only tell you something based on what the supplier tells them and as that changes, it affects you.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
I've dealt with TH several times and never had a problem. Then again, I didn't order a special or custom part, all my stuff has been "everyday" parts.

As pointed out before, they don't make stuff then only resell it. They, like you are at the mercy of the supplier. They can only tell you something based on what the supplier tells them and as that changes, it affects you.
+1, you could just ask for refund and call around asking for vendors who actually have it in stock...
Old 09-08-2009, 06:39 PM
jaspendlove

i did call around. no one had it in stock. I new that i had to order it. They told ne 2 weeks. I understand the supplier thing. I was in sales for 10 years. The whole point is that they new my situation and took not point in keeping me informed on the situation. If i didn't call, i would still not have anything shipping. They told me that spec makes theres and when i called on wednesday, they said that it would ship friday. and again it didn;t ship friday. Customer service is the key to business. if it is not there, then business will suffer. It doesn't matter where the stuff is, i am dealing with that business and they should keep the client informed on things. Especially if they now the situatioon of a person and gave promises. follow through is the key.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:48 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They should of offered to over night it for you..that would of made you happy customer both sides meeting requirements..they probably would of ended up even with no profit but you would of want to come back and buy from them again.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:08 AM
Sleepy79

Originally Posted by jaspendlove
what does that have to do with anything?

I understand that it was the suppliers issue
Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 AM
thmotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

Guys,

I am not on this board anymore, but if you ever have problems like this, please contact me directly at my extension below. I am happy to help out. At times, yes, we are bound by distributors or manufactures for creating the parts. There are just times where we cannot do anything except be held liable for selling the parts to you, and then being held by the supplier if that is the case.

You would not believe how many credits, overnights we do because manufactures do not care at all whether the customer is happy or not. Regardless, the original poster here, if you have an issue, call me. I will help you out with a credit or something else to keep you happy.

Thanks in advance,

Edward – General Manager
1-800-959-0145 ext 5
Sales@thmotorsports.com
AIM: THMotorsportscom
www.thmotorsports.com
Old 06-15-2010, 05:36 PM
NewJoyZ

Originally Posted by thmotorsports
Guys,

I am not on this board anymore, but if you ever have problems like this, please contact me directly at my extension below. I am happy to help out. At times, yes, we are bound by distributors or manufactures for creating the parts. There are just times where we cannot do anything except be held liable for selling the parts to you, and then being held by the supplier if that is the case.

You would not believe how many credits, overnights we do because manufactures do not care at all whether the customer is happy or not. Regardless, the original poster here, if you have an issue, call me. I will help you out with a credit or something else to keep you happy.
I dont think it was their intent to neglect or screw you. I ordered my Stillen exhaust from THMotorsports 2 weeks ago and they were pretty good. Except for trying to convince me away from Stillen to Borla (I think it was because of their margins and shelve-stock, but it may have been for other reasons) they were awesome. Shipped me my 127 lb exhaust in a week and a half. I dont know why they couldnt drop ship it from Stillen so it would get here quicker, but i am a satisfied customer!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:49 PM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ENVYMYZ
I dont think it was their intent to neglect or screw you. I ordered my Stillen exhaust from THMotorsports 2 weeks ago and they were pretty good. Except for trying to convince me away from Stillen to Borla (I think it was because of their margins and shelve-stock, but it may have been for other reasons) they were awesome. Shipped me my 127 lb exhaust in a week and a half. I dont know why they couldnt drop ship it from Stillen so it would get here quicker, but i am a satisfied customer!
That's why they were steering you away from buying the exhaust. I don't think the stock exhaust weight that much. What are you gaining buy putting on 100lbs+ exhaust? Soundwave?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:24 PM
NewJoyZ

Originally Posted by huyrua
That's why they were steering you away from buying the exhaust. I don't think the stock exhaust weight that much. What are you gaining buy putting on 100lbs+ exhaust? Soundwave?
Stillen is 10 lbs heavier than stock. 127 lbs included the boxes and wrapping, which im sure contributed a decent amount to the total weight. The weight of the part is not the sole contributor to the power gains. I am not worried about the added weight of the vehicle, reason being it is not tracked in addition to being a roadster. It did, however, add power and torque. The sound it created is refined, yet raw which is my desired effect. I do not want a civic sounding Nissan. Hence the reason i bought a well made, quality Stillen exhaust.

And im SURE they were not steering me towards the exhaust based on the shipping weight. But rather profit margins as you can find the Borla on the internet with a larger range in prices rather than the Stillen which is consistently around 1200.

So to answer your question simply, NO.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:04 PM
lovemyVQ

Would definitely recommend these guys to anybody and I would do business with them again. Customer service was top notch and responses to my inquiries were prompt. Can't fault them for something being on back order and out of their control.