Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Struggling on monthly payments / loans

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Parker01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pminor87
That's almost just as bad - the interest on Lines of Credit is ridiculously high compared to current auto loan rates - and people wonder why they get their cars repo'd and their homes foreclosed on....not trying to offend either of you just saying that it's not very smart and I'm glad that both of you still have your vehicles - just in the future if I were you I wouldn't do it again.

Lol no worries... I know very well where I stand and what kind of padding I have, where I can pull money from if I need to etc... my interst rate is 5% which isn't bad at all, certainly not as good as an auto loan no but it gives me flexibility with my payments should I ever run into a situtation where I need it... alas the OP is stuck with payments he can barely afford at the moment and can't cut back without ruining his credit etc... where I could just go oh I'll cut my payments back to what I can afford until I can sell it or get some extra income/lower my other expenses.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:32 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No one pays attention to personal finance advise.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:36 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Work the weekends or nights...I was in the same boat as you and I took the time to search for another job. The extra money I braught in monthly got me back in a comfort zone and aloud mods.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:55 AM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Parker01
Lol no worries... I know very well where I stand and what kind of padding I have, where I can pull money from if I need to etc... my interst rate is 5% which isn't bad at all, certainly not as good as an auto loan no but it gives me flexibility with my payments should I ever run into a situtation where I need it...
5% is more than simply "isn't bad", that is amazing and much better than you could get on most auto loans. If I could get money at 5%, there are some business loans I'd pay off.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:18 AM
marra23

Originally Posted by WXSigns
You call the bank and tell them you're having financial issues. They will allow you to skip, in most case, a payment. They basically add it to the rear of the loan.

Sell some stuff you don't need. And, get a part-time job doing anything.

10 months left will go by fast.

When I was younger I got laid off. I worked three part time jobs for a year to make sure I could pay my bills. And, saved some money so I wouldn't have to go through it again.
or if really gets bad try this one

Dear Sir/Madam

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated xxxxx 2009, you request that I pay the monies owed to you. I first want
you to know that by no means do I dispute my debt and I intend to pay as
soon as possible.
However I would like to bring to your attention that you are not my only
creditor. I have many more creditors, quite as honourable and important
as you, and whom I wish to pay too. That is why, each month, I throw all
the names of my creditors into a hat and draw one randomly. The one
drawn is paid immediately.
I hope that yours will come out shortly.

Sincerely Yours,
TonyblackZ

PS: I regret to inform you that given the harsh and threatening tone of
your last letter, you will not be taking part in the next three draws.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Adrians07Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-18-2009, 08:29 AM
robm

Old 09-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Guilty1s

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe you could get another loan to pay off the down payment loan?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Swimminggerman

Originally Posted by marra23
or if really gets bad try this one

Dear Sir/Madam

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated xxxxx 2009, you request that I pay the monies owed to you. I first want
you to know that by no means do I dispute my debt and I intend to pay as
soon as possible.
However I would like to bring to your attention that you are not my only
creditor. I have many more creditors, quite as honourable and important
as you, and whom I wish to pay too. That is why, each month, I throw all
the names of my creditors into a hat and draw one randomly. The one
drawn is paid immediately.
I hope that yours will come out shortly.

Sincerely Yours,
TonyblackZ

PS: I regret to inform you that given the harsh and threatening tone of
your last letter, you will not be taking part in the next three draws.
Most excellent.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
medic165

I say, keep the Z, get a 2nd job, and work your !@# out until you pay off the loan.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Improve your income; check out: usajobs.opm.gov and/or cbp.gov

Good luck!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:48 PM
burner

Stick in there and pay it off. It will come soon and its a great feeling to own the car outright.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:33 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AmorZ_Fati
sell your body and dignity on the street corner...bottle your tears...Poland Spring water is expensive
at first i laughed at ^this response but this man needs moral support. i agree w/ some of the guys here.

if you eat out restaurants, fast foods etc, pack your lunch. if you party on the weekends and spend 100+ a nite buy you a six pack and stay home. if you smoke cutback or quit. also a second job wouldnt hurt you. selling things you no longer use or need aka yard sale. my parents did it once, 386 in a day, no bs. i was paying 7.6% interest and i refinanced at 3.2% (one of my friends is the vice president of penfed) my point is you worked so hard for a Z, you got what 9-10 months left? pull it together because they wont even give you anywhere near what you were going to pay for it. make wise choices, life lessons learned. gl
Old 09-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Lakeside

If you think his purchase was bad no one would believe what I did. Its definately a Life lesson. Find some side jobs or take on a second job. Drive the car around when your feeling down. It will either help or help make it worse!

We all make spontaneous decisions which challenge us...

I bought my Nismo with ZERO down! Hard to believe the dealer even allowed it. They got the car financed. My payments were $780 a month!

I knew I was getting a 5K bonus for a down payment but that was two months away at the time. I was affraid someone might buy it and not me. lol

So I was making these insane payments! Came into some Cash and paid the car off in full 4-5 months after I bought it. Things just worked out for the best.

Chin up you'll find away.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Bumble Z

stick throught it buddy you made it this far just a few more months and your home free g/l
Old 09-18-2009, 08:52 PM
pminor87

Originally Posted by Parker01
Lol no worries... I know very well where I stand and what kind of padding I have, where I can pull money from if I need to etc... my interst rate is 5% which isn't bad at all, certainly not as good as an auto loan no but it gives me flexibility with my payments should I ever run into a situtation where I need it... alas the OP is stuck with payments he can barely afford at the moment and can't cut back without ruining his credit etc... where I could just go oh I'll cut my payments back to what I can afford until I can sell it or get some extra income/lower my other expenses.
Well if you feel comfortable with it then hey - I work at a Credit Union and we're doing loan modifications since our rates went down - you might want to try and call up your bank or credit union and see if they're doing that - you might get an even lower rate. Right now auto loan rates are around the 3.5% range so yeah...
Old 09-18-2009, 08:54 PM
pminor87

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Came into some Cash and paid the car off in full 4-5 months after I bought it. Things just worked out for the best.

Chin up you'll find away.
I envy you - damn you're lucky! lol
Old 09-18-2009, 09:27 PM
R350Zz33

haha i got my 08 enthusiast when i just turned 17.(i had to buy myself something nice for my birthday lol) i had 25k i borrowed 10k and i pay 500 a month. almost done yay. they best part is when i tell people i bought it myself at 17 when they ask what i do i just smile and say im a dishwasher lol best part is the look on there face. right now she is basically stock. just some test pipes every-time i save up extra for something something come up. i wanna finish my exhaust then to injen intake then get a tune and the zex kit. ill be happy with 11's
Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyblackZ
Struggling on monthly payments / loans
Sure but you look cool cruising in a 350Z. No one except you knows that you are broke.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:35 AM
dhays

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
haha i got my 08 enthusiast when i just turned 17.(i had to buy myself something nice for my birthday lol) i had 25k i borrowed 10k and i pay 500 a month. almost done yay. they best part is when i tell people i bought it myself at 17 when they ask what i do i just smile and say im a dishwasher lol best part is the look on there face. right now she is basically stock. just some test pipes every-time i save up extra for something something come up. i wanna finish my exhaust then to injen intake then get a tune and the zex kit. ill be happy with 11's
Great story. A few things interest me.

-You paid $25k? How did a 17 year old kid have $25k sitting around?

- You borrowed $10k for a new car as a 17 year old. Might be fun, but financially a very stupid move.

- You're a dishwasher. I like dishwashers. I like to eat off of clean plates. However, I hope you are also getting yourself some type of education in the process. A 20 something dishwasher is one thing. A 50 something dishwasher is kind of pathetic.

Quick Reply: Struggling on monthly payments / loans