Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z in a serious accident

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:23 AM
MDHRZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LLL'sZ
Wow! I can't believe how easy this guy gets off on this site. People like him should be nuetered so they don't repopulate the world with RETARDS! Glad you are okay? really? i mean you think this clown isn't going to do this again? Please, he'll get the new car and in his head say i learned my lesson i'll be MORE careful in the future till' one of his "intellegent" friends calls him a punk and revs it up.....he's going to go full JarHead and punch it! Mark my words.
He turned his car into a cube and almost died. I think he learned his lesson...
Old 09-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom line you never know what is going to happen, or what could happen during any type of driving whether it be racing or just cruising. Either way in whatever you do just make sure your cars in top good condition b4 you drive anywhere to begin with.

I believe this guy has learned his lesson and now is on his way to a place where he could be hurt or killed worse than this. Only error besides street racing was his neglect toward his tires which possibly was the cause.

10 pt ticket taught me my lesson....its all about the cruising with the beats for me these days!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
boomfranco

For all the people that are sitting on their high horses talking down on him for going 120mph+ on the street, how fast have you ever gone on the street? Even if you say 100mph, you would still be going faster than the speed limit, and if you were to have crashed and posted a thread here, you would of been flamed as well for going too fast, I am sure he has learned his lesson, so please just get off his case
Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
marra23

wanna see a real idiot in action in his 370z, clearly you don't need speed to kill. check link
https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z/4...ml#post7766130
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 AM
token_z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanlks for sharing your story with all of us i hope we all take something from this
Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by boomfranco
For all the people that are sitting on their high horses talking down on him for going 120mph+ on the street, how fast have you ever gone on the street? Even if you say 100mph, you would still be going faster than the speed limit, and if you were to have crashed and posted a thread here, you would of been flamed as well for going too fast, I am sure he has learned his lesson, so please just get off his case
180+mph. as I said, can't judge.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

rotas aren't reliable beyond 80mph
Old 09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
T-BALLGAME

Originally Posted by Motormouth
180+mph. as I said, can't judge.
I cant judge either. Just got my Z a couple weeks ago and had it to 125 on a pay road that no one uses. For all of you bashing this poor guy when all of you bought the Z cause it looks cool and is fast as ****. What do the rest of you drive 65 miles an hour all the time. All hypocrites.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by boomfranco
First off he did decide to share his experience with us so Im sure he knew what he was in for reply wise so Im sure defending him isnt needed. PlusI see more people that are being optimistic and happy about his surviving then actual hating anyways.

We're hypocrits if we all decided to give in to peer pressure and race on the interstate..going 85 in a 65 is hardly 140 in a 65.

Last edited by zerafian; 09-21-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:37 PM
shredZ

Originally Posted by scotts300
I've owned 20 some odd cars. The 350 is 2x any of the others because they are sought after by our younger generations and things like this happen - it's very common. On the other hand, but sister vehicle made by Infiniti - the G35 - is in the 10 least expensive cars to insure.

#2 to insure: http://www.insurancerate.com/100-mos...ssan-350z.html

#9 to insure: http://car-powerinfo.blogspot.com/20...to-insure.html

or http://www.4insure.net/uncategorized...ars-to-insure/

or http://www.insurelane.com/auto/expen...rs-insure.html

QFT to help future street racers after acquiring their new toy Z:

zzz

Last edited by shredZ; 09-21-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 09-21-2009, 12:40 PM
shredZ

Thats where the "Old timers" come in! I owned a 2007 Toyota Yaris before I got the Z and I am only paying $100 more a year! $833 up from $733. Been with the same company for 30 years. No tickets ever and 1 accident when I was 26. It pays to be cool on the street. One rant and here goes!!! Whomever gets to the posted speed limit first wins...then chill, whats the reason for going 140? If you want that kind of speed, get a pilots license and for god sake and dont endanger MY family. All I can say is that I respect him for serving our country, but try to use better judgement in the war zone. Once a dumba$$ (sorry dude) always a dumba$$. Whether that changes is up to you, but dont endanger your fellow soldiers over there. You could have killed anyone (including yourself) that day on 295, and that anyone could have been a fellow Marine. Think about a lifestyle change and not just "well im not gonna do that again. Good luck and stay safe abroad. Semper Fi

Last edited by shredZ; 09-21-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Final Destination, The 350z Edition.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Parker01

Originally Posted by shredZ
It pays to be cool on the street. One rant and here goes!!! Whomever gets to 60MPH first wins...then chill, whats the reason for going 140?
I really like and totally agree with that statement. I've lost count how many time you have some fun with someone taking an on-ramp onto the highway and once I get close enough that I need to merge I back off and merge onto the highway normally. Then dingus behind you wants to be a hero and does a ricer fly by at 100mph cutting across all 3 lanes into the fast lane like he is going to win a prize. I guess the lesson learned for me is don't play with people taking on-ramps because I can only expect a ricer fly by based on the past.

It always tends to be lower hp cars trying to compensate for their lack of power I guess... I could do that at 120mph but I don't
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
metal_milisha

Originally Posted by terrasmak
I wonder how much ownership he really took when he filed the safety report on base. I'll bet money he will lose some rank if he did.

Anyone at Camp Lejeune, NC feel like forwarding this story to PMO? or Safety?

It wasn't forwarded to PMO or anything. My Command knew about it because i was in a coma for a few days. I took complete responsibilty and was busted down, recieved half a months pay for 2 months, and 45 days restriction.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by Entaille
rotas aren't reliable beyond 80mph
Old 09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
metal_milisha

Originally Posted by LLL'sZ
Wow! I can't believe how easy this guy gets off on this site. People like him should be nuetered so they don't repopulate the world with RETARDS! Glad you are okay? really? i mean you think this clown isn't going to do this again? Please, he'll get the new car and in his head say i learned my lesson i'll be MORE careful in the future till' one of his "intellegent" friends calls him a punk and revs it up.....he's going to go full JarHead and punch it! Mark my words.

Sounds like you've got something against marines. One probably plowed through your wife. I know i ****ed up and paid for it
Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Motormouth
Banned

don't be a douche bag, you deserve every whiney and self righteous comment you get.

man up and take them without being a girl about it.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:17 PM
garytucker

Originally Posted by marra23
wanna see a real idiot in action in his 370z, clearly you don't need speed to kill. check link
https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z/4...ml#post7766130
Why is that any more idiotic than 140 on a highway?

I'm hoping you are saying they are both equally stupid...because that is what both are.

On second thought, both of these deserve jail time in my book...just like a dwi should. If the people doing stupid things were taught a REAL lesson versus a slap on the wrist, some fines, etc...then I bet we'd see quite a bit less of this crap...

And before someone flames me...I've got a personal stake in people doing crap like this as my uncle lost his life to an idiot that shouldn't have been driving...or we can talk about the three-time dwi driver who ran my great aunt and uncle off the road and left them bleeding out in a ditch (thank God someone came along)...maybe if someone had jailed the b*****d the first time around for both of these...

Last edited by garytucker; 09-21-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: review
Old 09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
marra23

Originally Posted by garytucker
Why is that any more idiotic than 140 on a highway?

I'm hoping you are saying they are both equally stupid...because that is what both are.
thanx Dr Phil
Old 09-21-2009, 01:32 PM
marra23

Originally Posted by garytucker
On second thought, both of these deserve jail time in my book...just like a dwi should. If the people doing stupid things were taught a REAL lesson versus a slap on the wrist, some fines, etc...then I bet we'd see quite a bit less of this crap...

And before someone flames me...I've got a personal stake in people doing crap like this as my uncle lost his life to an idiot that shouldn't have been driving...or we can talk about the three-time dwi driver who ran my great aunt and uncle off the road and left them bleeding out in a ditch (thank God someone came along)...maybe if someone had jailed the b*****d the first time around for both of these...
Sooooorry, missed your edit.

Quick Reply: 350z in a serious accident