Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z in a serious accident

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:10 AM
marra23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10-E-C-350Z
Pretty crazy **** right there. Makes me realize that doing it on the autobahn isn't the smartest thing, even if it's legal. Glad you are okay though.
Ain't the autobahn one of the safest roads in the world?
Stupidity is, going 140 and the rest 60.
Do a advance driving course, you'll soon find out how easy it is misjudging break distance at speed.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Candy_G

dayum...
Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 AM
gone-zo

... just heal up bro, glad you learned from it. Don't **** with your career like that, had something worse happened, you would've had the book thrown at you.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:48 AM
garytucker

Originally Posted by marra23
thanx Dr Phil
You are VERY welcome. This is utterly stupid action by the OP and could have killed not only him but also some univolved innocent person.

Last edited by garytucker; 09-22-2009 at 05:50 AM. Reason: removed some material due to reading a further reply
Old 09-22-2009, 05:51 AM
garytucker

Originally Posted by metal_milisha
This is the kind of stuff that makes me the most thankful that no one else was hurt or killed. It didn't really hit me until it happened. The best thing to do to people who are involved in some **** like this is realizing the danger you're putting innocent people at. I know this now and keeping it to the track. I'm very sorry for your loss and i will never do something so stupid ever again.
It sounds as if you have learned your lesson the hard way (I truly hope you have)...be safe overseas and come back to that new Z...and enjoy it the right way!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by marra23
Ain't the autobahn one of the safest roads in the world?
Stupidity is, going 140 and the rest 60.
Do a advance driving course, you'll soon find out how easy it is misjudging break distance at speed.
Yes it is. The roads are maintained to perfection to allow for very fast driving, check it out on youtube they have a video on what they do to maintain it. Along with the fact that the people that drive on it probably have a good understanding of tire maintainence when they drive on it everyday for work. As well as there being strict laws on how to drive on the autobahn. Its not like there is an abundance of tourists on the autobahn either.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Darkpath

What is it about sports cars that seemingly give owner's the right to simply turn their back on the law? 140 MPH is two times the average U.S. speed limit. You my friend are a Scoff-law. It is one thing to commit a crime through mis-adventure in some unintentional manner, but at what point does one look down at the speedometer, see 100 MPH, and forgetting personal safety can't get it whoa'd back down before hitting 140 - in regards to the rest of us?

Street Racers should be thankful I'm not a judge. If someone were hurt in an episode like this one, my verdict would be to turn the family of the victim loose on the driver. A judge should feel both the duty and obligation to make the judgment fit the crime! Someone killing another in a stunt like this one creates a whole family of victims. Victims that never find restitution for their loss - no matter what monetary compensation is adjudicated on their behalf as a result.

A living victim cannot stand before a judge and say: "I don't want money, I want my Mom back!"

I hope your pain, and a few words found on this forum are instrumental in keeping you safe in your next Z... May God keep you in the palm of his hand while in Afganistan.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:15 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by metal_milisha
way off topic now. no one needs to race on a street period. Who cares if im in the military, im a retard and i lost my baby. im single so that thing was like my wife. hahaha
actually you would have got your as$ torn more in this thread if you wern't in the military
Old 09-22-2009, 06:38 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
actually you would have got your as$ torn more in this thread if you wern't in the military
Sucks that it makes us all look bad, makes Marines look worse to the people who consider them Jarheads (OP what kind of Marine Corp pride do you really have if your doing that) Those of us who are serving out country are for the most part held to a higher level, and those that mess up, tarnish the image for all.

It happens in all branches, we just had one of our guys caught by a first shirt doing tripple digits on his sportbike in uniform on the way home from work (offbase)
Old 09-22-2009, 06:54 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Sucks that it makes us all look bad, makes Marines look worse to the people who consider them Jarheads (OP what kind of Marine Corp pride do you really have if your doing that) Those of us who are serving out country are for the most part held to a higher level, and those that mess up, tarnish the image for all.

It happens in all branches, we just had one of our guys caught by a first shirt doing tripple digits on his sportbike in uniform on the way home from work (offbase)
aside from a few military guys here.. who actually joined the military for pride and honor to serve the country.. alot of these guys i see either wanted a free ride to college or they had no jobs lined up.. nothing to do with their lives and figured going into the military as a last resort.. it isn't suprising to me alot of them are crashing cars and bikes.. now i can't speak for the OP because i dont know his reason for joining the military.. but some on this forum have proved otherwise
Old 09-22-2009, 08:48 AM
JEKL

aside from a few military guys here.. who actually joined the military for pride and honor to serve the country.. alot of these guys i see either wanted a free ride to college or they had no jobs lined up.. nothing to do with their lives and figured going into the military as a last resort.. it isn't suprising to me alot of them are crashing cars and bikes.. now i can't speak for the OP because i dont know his reason for joining the military.. but some on this forum have proved otherwise
At least for the people I knew in high school, that was the exact reason they joined the service. To go into the military actually had a negative connotation. Looking back, it had some sort of influence on me never wanting to join myself. Which is sad because now I have some regrets that I never served.

So to one of your earlier points, I do tend to cut service men/women a break at times out of respect that they did something with their lives that I never did.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by Darkpath
Street Racers should be thankful I'm not a judge. If someone were hurt in an episode like this one, my verdict would be to turn the family of the victim loose on the driver. A judge should feel both the duty and obligation to make the judgment fit the crime! Someone killing another in a stunt like this one creates a whole family of victims. Victims that never find restitution for their loss - no matter what monetary compensation is adjudicated on their behalf as a result.
Stupid logic like that is exactly why you are not a judge but probably jockeying the register at a convenient store.

Last edited by JEKL; 09-29-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Ziggy86
Banned

Originally Posted by waizzz
Final Destination, The 350z Edition.
Owned!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:14 AM
Jimmies

Originally Posted by jekl1000
He did something foolish and seems to have taken ownership for it like a man. Glad you are here to tell your story. Be safe in Afghanistan and come back to tell us about that as well.
I'm glad he manned up and posted about it. The only way this turns into a tragedy is if the lesson is lost on him or the rest of us.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:51 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

true, yet he is more a man than most on here. How many guys on this forum have got into an accident, and keep it to themselves.....many

I'm glad he did this shows we are all human, and make mistakes...just as I did a year ago...it's leading by example...

it's all just saying "I fcuked up, this is what could happen or worse" many younger, or less experience people will look up to that and say "man if that just happen to him, what could happen to me". That little bit helps in the long run...

I know when I showed the pics of what was a Z car to some of my junior guys. They asked what happen I told them to go do 140 and find out...one girl said "I got better things to do with myself"...one POS guy said "I can drive" I told him "I'm not the one that calls your mother"...he did this
Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
DeUceZ

Glad to hear your ok bro.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:44 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Youre a dumbass.

But at least you are still alive.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:08 AM
SA Z-boi

wow the only good part on the exterior is the drivers door handle.

Sucks that you had to learn the hard way but god obviously didnt want you to go and gave you another chance.

As for your friend I hope he learned his lesson because if I witnessed some **** like that the first thing that would come to my mind is "My friend is dead"
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 AM
mistanismo

Anyone else finding these 'totalled' threads with **** poor tires getting redundant?

They're the only thing that physically connects your car to the road. For the love of god, even regular dd... but you want to go this fast? Make sure you've got a good pair with plenty of tread.

This is like the 2nd thread in a week where someone could have died where this was ultimately the deciding factor. And that is not to say anyone should be doing 140, all one needs to do however is view them to see there's a huge issue there.

op- all negativity and support has been accurately displayed by this point, don't be a cheap bastard next time... gotta pay to play heh.

EDIT: Title should read collision / wreck... because 99% of all such instances there's someone at fault....

Last edited by mistanismo; 09-29-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:59 AM
shogunxp

damn, take care of 350z's...so many wreck threads.

Quick Reply: 350z in a serious accident