Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The Nissan Car Care Event *only for OCT 09*

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Bigalow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Nissan Car Care Event *only for OCT 09*

I'm amazed that not many people know about 'The Nissan Car Care Event.' Apparently, Nissan will conduct a 100 point courtesy check-up on your new and used vehicle for free!

File is 'too large' to upload so click here for the brochure.

Contact your local Nissan.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I get one of their offers in the mail every month or so. If you bought a new Z from a dealer, then you ought to be in the Nissan system and you'll get those plus other offers in the mail regularly.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Bigalow

Thank God they send offers to owners of old, used Nissans too.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

It's all a marketing ploy to get you into the dealership. Think about it - they can find stuff wrong during that inspection that hopefully you'll get fixed at the dealership. They can also use the opportunity to try and talk you into buying a new Z.

On my last trip to the dealer it happened to be the day the 370Z arrived so I got one of the first test drives.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Dark8lue

i bet not one person that takes their Z in to the "stealership" comes out with "no problems" what so ever. I bet they will always find something that could be replaced even if nothings wrong with it. Thats why I always change my oil rather then take my car to them.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Bigalow

If you don't want to go because you might end up walking out with another Nissan then it's your choice. I'm not talking to Dave specifically but anyone that's reading.

I'm curious to know what my dealership says since my Z is used. It's not like I have to get my work done at Nissan even if they do find something wrong.

Moreover, I'm dropping off my Z at the dealership and heading to work. I won't stick around long enough for them to convince me to buy anything. That goes for post check-up as well.

I can't speak for other Nissan dealership so to each his own. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:46 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Dark8lue
i bet not one person that takes their Z in to the "stealership" comes out with "no problems" what so ever. I bet they will always find something that could be replaced even if nothings wrong with it. Thats why I always change my oil rather then take my car to them.
Actually, I take them up on their inspection and cheap oil change offers regularly. I've never had them find anything wrong and I've never had them suggest un-necessary service. I DO know several techs personally and the GM of one of the dealerships. I have a good relationship with the service dept managers, parts dept managers, etc. They look out for me and I steer good prospects their way.

People who don't know their heads from their asses, those with bad attitudes or a chip on their shoulder are the ones I regularly see that have problems with dealerships. When you buy a car (not just a Z), it pays great dividends to get to know the service dept manager as well as anybody else there. If you're on a first name basis with somebody, they think you're their friend and they are less likely to take advantage of you. That also works for anybody else you have to deal with.

BTW - if you properly maintain your Z, then when you do bring it in, there's no reason on earth they (or anybody else) should find a problem with it. If somebody does suggest there is a problem, because you have done the proper maintainance, you can speak intelligently about it. You'll know if somebody is trying to pull a fast one. Face it, you have to look out for yourself, nobody else is going to do it for you.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:52 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Bigalow
If you don't want to go because you might end up walking out with another Nissan then it's your choice. I'm not talking to Dave specifically but anyone that's reading.

I'm curious to know what my dealership says since my Z is used. It's not like I have to get my work done at Nissan even if they do find something wrong.

Moreover, I'm dropping off my Z at the dealership and heading to work. I won't stick around long enough for them to convince me to buy anything. That goes for post check-up as well.

That's it in a nutshell. Just because somebody looks at the car and spots a problem, there's no reason or obligation to have them work on it. You can use their report as a starting point for checking the items yourself later.

I don't have access to a lift so if I can get somebody to put it in the air and check for leaks, suspension problems, etc. then I'm happy as **** to let them take a look. If they think there's a problem with something, you can always crawl up under the car later and check it out yourself.

Don't get me wrong - I think it a good idea to let them do the free 100 point inspection.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Bigalow

I concur.

If Nissan will find something wrong with my Z then take the opportunity to check it myself.. of course with the help of the my350z community.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 AM
GalvatronType_R

This is also an opportunity for them to see what mods you have on the car, record it in the system (which all the area stealerships have access to), and then try to screw you out of the warranty if a problem happens later.

Also, everyone knows that the "100 point inspection" is BS, the techs just play with your turn signals and headlights and otherwise waste their time with your car.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:43 AM
garytucker

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Actually, I take them up on their inspection and cheap oil change offers regularly. I've never had them find anything wrong and I've never had them suggest un-necessary service. I DO know several techs personally and the GM of one of the dealerships. I have a good relationship with the service dept managers, parts dept managers, etc. They look out for me and I steer good prospects their way.

People who don't know their heads from their asses, those with bad attitudes or a chip on their shoulder are the ones I regularly see that have problems with dealerships. When you buy a car (not just a Z), it pays great dividends to get to know the service dept manager as well as anybody else there. If you're on a first name basis with somebody, they think you're their friend and they are less likely to take advantage of you. That also works for anybody else you have to deal with.

BTW - if you properly maintain your Z, then when you do bring it in, there's no reason on earth they (or anybody else) should find a problem with it. If somebody does suggest there is a problem, because you have done the proper maintainance, you can speak intelligently about it. You'll know if somebody is trying to pull a fast one. Face it, you have to look out for yourself, nobody else is going to do it for you.
I am SOOOO glad to hear someone else is reasonable about dealerships. I get so d**n tired of the word "stealership" showing up on forums-and it isn't just this one. If you think its cool to call every good dealer a thief just because of a few bad apples...let's just start calling all of ourselves "ricers" while we are at it...because there are a few "riced-out" Zs on this board.

Most dealership service centers are there to continue to be in business...in reality, the service department is typically the part of the dealership paying the bills for the rest of the operations. Selling a car at invoice means you only get the holdback money and any promotional dollars (if any)...that's not going to pay the light bill, let alone the rest of the bills.

I worked as a full-line GM certified technician for 5yrs, I'm ASE master certified, and I NEVER sold something that wasn't needed! There were a couple of guys at the dealership I was at that tried the crap of selling unneeded work and they got fired pretty quickly.

The techs at the dealerships aren't getting rich for the most part, there are some that do really well, but they work their rears off for their pay. That high hourly rate, well, only a small portion goes to the technician. Rates around Oklahoma are around $75-100 an hour depending on car line...the techs make about 25% of that, if even.

Be respectful when you walk into the service department and you'll be suprised how much more pleasant that trip is.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:43 AM
latiger12

I get one of their offers in the mail every month or so. If you bought a new Z from a dealer, then you ought to be in the Nissan system and you'll get those plus other offers in the mail regularly.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://nfledge.net/?tracker=3759"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://nfledge.net/?tracker=3759" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
I get these too, usually about once a month. I will take them up on this offer for sure.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:45 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Do you guys actually believe they do a 100 (I mean one hundred) checks?.
How long would that take if they actually inspected them. And that would be free?. Come on!.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Boostedtrack350

Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
This is also an opportunity for them to see what mods you have on the car, record it in the system (which all the area stealerships have access to), and then try to screw you out of the warranty if a problem happens later.

Also, everyone knows that the "100 point inspection" is BS, the techs just play with your turn signals and headlights and otherwise waste their time with your car.
Wow - somebody has rampant paranoia. How many Z owners actually have mods on their cars, 10%, 20%? They send these out to every Nissan owner, not just Z owners. Yeah, we know how the Altima owners love to mod them

Originally Posted by beezee
Do you guys actually believe they do a 100 (I mean one hundred) checks?.
How long would that take if they actually inspected them. And that would be free?. Come on!.
It actually takes them about 15 minutes. And yes, it is free.

BTW - here's what the inspection report looks like...

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 10-05-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Bigalow

I'm sorry to read that some people had bad experiences with certain dealerships. That's definitely not a good enough reason to bad mouth all dealerships however.

I wish some people would just say be careful because your dealership might be flaky and be on with their business.

Regardless, the decision is in the hands of the Z owner.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Bigalow

I dropped off my Z today for the 100 point check-up... long story short I now own a 370z..
Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

I dropped off my Z today for the 100 point check-up... long story short I now own a 370z..
You're weak. j/k I'm jealous.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Bigalow

You're weak. j/k I'm jealous.
I was joking. lol.

They called me about an hour later and told me they found carbine in my intake fluid so they flushed it. I'm pretty sure I know what happened.

Everything else checked out ok.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:38 PM
dkwang

Is there a free car wash/vacuum as part of this 100-point inspection?

Quick Reply: The Nissan Car Care Event *only for OCT 09*