Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

It's almost the last straw...save my Z!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:25 AM
PearlZRdster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of balance 4-6oz's..? LOL, that's insane! None of your wheels should ever need that much weight unless there's a bend or the tires are real cheapies. There's always ways to trade weight in and out of locations to minimize the amount that needs to be added. I love it how tire places will just continue to add weight wherever the machine asks for it.

First thing I did after buying my Z was find a good tire/wheel/alignment guy w/ a Roadforce balancer.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:51 PM
zerostyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4-6 is pretty insane... yeah i work at discount tire and idk how many cars we get that come in for a rotation and rebalance and their wheels are counter balanced out the butt...if you go to discount tire that wont happen,i can vouch for MY STORE when i say this. we do things right.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Zruralracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it with black Z's and deer. I feel ya I smashed into a doe recently cracking the bumper, destroying the passenger side headlight, denting the passenger fender, ruining my splash guard and messing up all the mounting for my headlight and part of the bumper guard.

I hit the deer, went back to find it , couldn't find it, cursed heavily, drove it home, and I figured it wouldn't cost over 1000$ to repair....but now I think I am DEFINATLEY wrong. I didn't want any BS on my title and now I am regretting it.

Anyway I had tranny problems on mine, but that was cause someone had abused my transmission (probably during the "test drives" before It was bought), but the stealer replaced it, and should cover replacing yours especially if you still have under 30,000 miles.

I feel like scrapping it now would be a waste especially how the economy is flowing now. Subawhos are cool (ever since I saw Colin Mcrae rip it up on the World Rally Championships its been my dream car), and mustangs can be amazing, but really do you want to spend all that money on taxes just to have another car with the same potential problems you have now?? You decide but its a good car, it comes stock with enough goodies to make new and old drivers happy with glee, and the market for mods seems like its finally coming down. But I see where your coming from, reliable cars are always the best cars